• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I don't remember all my bosses, but I'll bet they all remember me, right?

Way to be THAT guy. :yesway:

When they guy told me he heard I was ex-navy, and he said he was ex-navy, I asked him "Which countries navy?".
    He said "The US Navy".
    "Oh. Just checking. Cause the way you're screwing up things, I thought maybe the Russians sent you over as a new weapon delivery system to bring down America's businesses."

I laughed.
    He frowned.

There was a lot of that.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I had a boss that also had an FFL, so our conversations were not always company business. It was nice that he recognized that he knew some things and I knew others so he would send me co-workers with questions. I think I blew the lid when I did a department group buy on SAR-1s back when AT and unconstitutional F allowed them in. We were probably the best armed department in the company, and I won't mention the name but will give the initials GM. :D :D :D

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    There was a guy where I used to work that claimed he had 2 full auto AKs, not that that would be too unusual, but he supposedly acquired them by means of a tornado dropping a gun safe in his yard! He also claimed that he once was pulled over for speeding, and he held the officer at gun point because the cop was out of his jurisdiction, and when the right PD got there, they all laughed and sent him on his way without so much as a ticket.

all the crazy things just seem to happen to your co worker

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    I recently had a guy tell me his background check came back in less than 2 seconds because he was in "black ops"!
    He also stated that he was allowed class III weapons without any special license.

What gun store does he hang out in?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I got a "talkin' to" about gun talk at work (a couple of times). Actually it wasn't for the "talk" at first. I had made a slide show of some of my guns to use as a screen saver on my computer and apparently it made someone uncomfortable. After that talkin' to, I changed it to a slide show of kittens, rainbows and unicorns. By that time though, I guess my cover was blown, and another guy on my team would sometimes stop by my desk and we'd talk about guns a little (maybe 2-5 minutes). I guess that made this person that had complained about my screensaver uncomfortable as well, and back into the boss' office I went again. I had been helping out another team for awhile, so during that talk, it was decided that I might be a better fit on that team. (Boss was understanding and wasn't "mad" at me.)

No more problems since moving to that team. In fact, I'm now known as "the gun guy" and people frequently ask me questions about guns (some have been first time gun buyers).

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I got a "talkin' to" about gun talk at work (a couple of times). Actually it wasn't for the "talk" at first. I had made a slide show of some of my guns to use as a screen saver on my computer and apparently it made someone uncomfortable. After that talkin' to, I changed it to a slide show of kittens, rainbows and unicorns. By that time though, I guess my cover was blown, and another guy on my team would sometimes stop by my desk and we'd talk about guns a little (maybe 2-5 minutes). I guess that made this person that had complained about my screensaver uncomfortable as well, and back into the boss' office I went again. I had been helping out another team for awhile, so during that talk, it was decided that I might be a better fit on that team. (Boss was understanding and wasn't "mad" at me.)

No more problems since moving to that team. In fact, I'm now known as "the gun guy" and people frequently ask me questions about guns (some have been first time gun buyers).

I can't conceive of a job where I get called in cause I made someone "uncomfortable".
    But then, a few years back, I had a partner that would just start laughing, and punching lockers.

But I am also that guy that people ask gun questions.
    What do I have to do to get a license?
    Do I need a license to buy a gun?
    I want to buy my brother's gun. Where do I register it?
    Etc.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    My big boss used to run a county SWAT,and another guy are the only ones I talk too, because everyone else are still BB gun people.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    It seems there is always one guy who has to one up everyone on any topic. When they do it on the subject of guns it can be hilarious and sad.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Remember back when they made it law you could be on company property and have a gun locked in your car while you worked. Well the company policy was no guns on property at that time. I talked to a supervisor about this and how the company can't do anything after July 1st, employees can bring them and keep them in their cars. He said no way company was going along with this (he was a gun owner). I said they have no choice, if I want to bring mine nothing they can do. A couple days later he walked past me on the job and said he had talked to HR and they couldn't stop or do anything about it, if employees brought guns to work and kept in our cars or trucks nothing they would do. He then said that doesn't take effect until July 1st though….you don't have yours out in your truck yet do you? I said no I don't have a gun out there in my truck yet…..I decided to pull his leg, and turning and pulling up my shirt I said, "I'm carrying it right here OK!" The supervisor split a gut cracking up….good guy.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I work for a huge company and I like to start conversations with coworkers about guns to see their reactions. I have several friends who dart their eyes around and make sure the "coast is clear" before they'll talk about guns. I just laugh. I have one coworker who actually walks all around the cube rows to make sure no one is around to hear us before he'll talk guns. I don't care. I'm the guy that strikes up conversations, tries to organize range trips with coworkers and offers to let people new to guns shoot my guns. Have had quite a few people get into guns because I brought it up and/or met them at the range. I'll be moving to another job soon and when I do, I'll keep being me. :dunno:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It seems there is always one guy who has to one up everyone on any topic. When they do it on the subject of guns it can be hilarious and sad.
    I had a coworker promoted to boss who claimed he could steer his 1970 Super Bee with the wing windows after he got it going fast enough. :rolleyes:

There was a cartoon in the 60s called The World of Commander McBrag. That's what I called this guy.

I dunno. Maybe they're just trying to fit in and they think they're impressing people.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I work in Chicago, it is not a good career move to discuss firearm ownership
    I work downtown and talk guns with people at work. I've also had a bunch of them out to my house to shoot.

Since I have at least three people I know of have gotten their FOIDs and a couple are working on their permits.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

For me, it's the ones that "know the law".
    They parrot something they've seen on TV, or heard in life.
    Then I call them on their BS, usually by quoting an actual Indiana Code.

Top Bottom