• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Same old Peyton in the playoffs. He had all kinds of weapons and still couldn't do it. I supported him as a Colt because he was a Colt. He now ties Brett Favre for the most post season losses. He beats Favre with eight one and dones (compared to Favre's three). While it sucks the Colts lost this year, to not be on the losing end of Manning post season let down was sorta nice.

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    I'm no Peyton apologist. I am a realist about seeing a 7 pt lead with less than 2min left turn into a big loss.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Reminded me of all the Colts season enders.

Wonder if the Colts would of made the playoffs this year if they kept him?

hell no, they wouldn't have had ANY money to have anyone play.

He would have been slaughtered behind an even cheaper O-line.

Colts are on the right path and lots of cap money next season.

I know which head coach I'd rather keep too...

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    At 40 years old and running a 10.something 40, I coulda played in Denver's secondary tonight and not have sucked more. Peyton will take the blame, but it takes a team to lose.

pwoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Indianapolis
    hell no, they wouldn't have had ANY money to have anyone play.

He would have been slaughtered behind an even cheaper O-line.

Colts are on the right path and lots of cap money next season.

I know which head coach I'd rather keep too...

Good point. Just wondering if a lot of the wins this year were because it was a young team that were overlooked by most. I'm with you on the coach thing though.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    I thought Denver's play calling was a little too conservative. I think the coach put too much faith in his defense. I am not sure why as they were making Falco look better than he is. Baltimore's defense did play tough, but 28 pts. in regulation was enough to win. IMO, this one was on Denver's D...

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    He most certainly didn't play well, the pick six was a pretty clear missed pass interference call, the fumble was questionable given the his arm was hit and the ball coming loose as he tried to throw. The last pick was a bad pass. More importantly wtf happened to the Broncos secondary. How the hell do you give up multiple 50+yd pass plays? Champ Bailey was beyond awful.

The Ravens beat the Broncos everywhere but the return game. Their defense was better, their offense was better, their coaching was better, and they still needed a miracle 70yd td pass to win.

10Forward

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Greenfield
    I don't understand John Fox having Manning take a kneel-down at the end of the game with 31 seconds left on the clock, and two timeouts remaining. Let him try to get them in field goal range!

I've never understood the talking heads saying Peyton needs to win another Super Bowl to 'cement his legacy'. He has the exact same Super Bowl record as Brett Favre (1-1), and I never hear anyone with the same criticism of Favre. But, at least with his one ring he no longer has the 'can't win the big one' tag on him now - I think that now is being carried around by Matty Ice in Atlanta, who has yet to even win a playoff game (we'll see what happens today).

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    The loss was on Denver's D. Horrible safety and secondary play.
    Manning didn't choke. Tough D from Ravens.
    Play calling was extremely conservative and did little to open up the Ravens D.
    Interception late was a pass behind the defender that Manning's made hundreds of times. The D player did a great job on the interception.
    Coaching and defensive secondary did Denver in.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I've never understood the talking heads saying Peyton needs to win another Super Bowl to 'cement his legacy'. He has the exact same Super Bowl record as Brett Favre (1-1), and I never hear anyone with the same criticism of Favre. But, at least with his one ring he no longer has the 'can't win the big one' tag on him now - I think that now is being carried around by Matty Ice in Atlanta, who has yet to even win a playoff game (we'll see what happens today).

Dan Marino never won a championship but most would consider him to be one of the greats.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Why should Manning's performance surprise anyone? He's great through out the regular season and pads his stats nicely, but chokes in most of the big games....the most over rated, over paid QB ever, he can't even carry his little brother's jock strap. :twocents:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    If Denver had won, this thread wouldn't exist. Without him, Denver would have been home week before last. Without him, they wouldn't have even been close to making the playoffs. He carried that team the entire season and should receive NFL player of the year. Manning makes the players around him better and nobody can doubt that. I would LOVE to have him in Chicago for just one season!

GO BEARS!

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I don't understand John Fox having Manning take a kneel-down at the end of the game with 31 seconds left on the clock, and two timeouts remaining. Let him try to get them in field goal range!

I believe that was more of a psychological move. The game was over at that point and they let it go. He wanted to get his players back to the sidelines to regroup, instead of making a mistake. That proved to be a good move until... :D

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If Denver had won, this thread wouldn't exist. Without him, Denver would have been home week before last. Without him, they wouldn't have even been close to making the playoffs. He carried that team the entire season and should receive NFL player of the year. Manning makes the players around him better and nobody can doubt that. I would LOVE to have him in Chicago for just one season!

GO BEARS!

O'Rly? The QB Manning replaced, actually won a playoff game for Denver. :D

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    O'Rly? The QB Manning replaced, actually won a playoff game for Denver. :D

You are right and I'm not sure why he got the shaft there and in NY, but apparently they didn't believe he could lead the team. I certainly can't knock a man who has not been given a real chance, but I can only say what Manning did and what Tebow might have done.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    Why the hell didn't Denver atleast try at the end of regulation with the ball at the 20, all 3 timeouts, 30 seconds and Peyton? It's very possible to hit a 60 yrd FG at Denver...couldn't believe they took a kneww.

Top Bottom