• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Most of the greats have multiple rings and not have been to the Super Bowl many times... Elway says manning is a better qb then he was but Elway went to many Super Bowls and division games and got back to back rings..... One thing to set records... Another to set a few records but win games that count.

What gets me the most fired up is all the people that blame everyone but manning and act like he is perfect....

Hey, I'm a UF grad, and Manning never beat the Gators while I was there (Can't spell Citrus without UT). I never thought that Manning could win the BIG one, and when the Colts drafted him I was one of his detractors. I ate a lot of crow after he won his SB.
    I think he is probably the best QB to play the game, just stuck with a neverending 80s era Jordan team.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    One more FACT that your missing is that Trent Dillfer has EXACTLY as many rings as your boy Manning. :)::popcorn:

Yeah, I remember that one. He also got released shortly after the super bowl.:):

I'm pretty confident that I could have been the QB of that team and won. That's probably the greatest (single season) defense of all time.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yeah, I remember that one. He also got released shortly after the super bowl.:):

I'm pretty confident that I could have been the QB of that team and won. That's probably the greatest (single season) defense of all time.

Not in a MILLION YEARS.... I hate the Steelers, but their 76 Defense was easily the greatest. No one comes close, except maybe the 85 Bears, and when I say "close," I mean like 10 miles away.

FMJ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Fort Waste

Not in a MILLION YEARS.... I hate the Steelers, but their 76 Defense was easily the greatest. No one comes close, except maybe the 85 Bears, and when I say "close," I mean like 10 miles away.

Tough argument there. Terry Bradshaw was THE worst QB to ever win a SB (4 time :rolleyes:) ...until Dillfer came along that is.

Tough as the 85 bears were...they actually had an offense. Balimore Crows had 0 offense...That was ALL D.

10Forward

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Greenfield
    One more FACT that your missing is that Trent Dillfer has EXACTLY as many rings as your boy Manning. :)::popcorn:

As does:
    Brett Favre
    Len Dawson
    Drew Brees
    Joe Namath
    Phil Simms
    Ken Stabler
    Joe Theismann
    Johnny Unitas
    Kurt Warner
    Steve Young

Some pretty formidable names on that list.

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Ahhh yes, the apologists come out in force..Those turnovers COULDNT have been Peytons fault...hes the GOD of all things football.

His one super bowl he didnt do a DAMN thing! Rex Grossman should have been the Colts MVP of that game!

Nope, couldnt be Peytons fault..Hes the GREATEST

^^^^this^^^^^^

but the Peyton worshipers just will NOT look at the facts...Peyton worshipers are JUST like anti gunners. Even tho all the facts and stats are there, the REFUSE to see the truth of the matter.

I love the hypocrisy of the Peytons worshipers...if the team wins, its ALL peytons doing. When the team loses, its not Peytons fault (even tho he turns the ball over MULTIPLE times....usually in the clutch (does anyone remember the Colts/ N'leans super bowl and the pick 6 that won the game for the Aints?? didnt think so)), then we hear "it takes a team."

The hate is strong with this one.
    FACT: Peyton Manning is one of the best quarterbacks to ever play the game. An argument may be made for which spot. To deny his greatness is a joke, and shows the hater's mentality. :n00b:

10Forward

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Greenfield
    Tough as the 85 bears were...they actually had an offense.

They barely needed that offense - that was the best defense (actually, the best one-year team) I ever saw. What they did in the NFC playoffs (pitching two consecutive shutouts on the way to the Super Bowl) will never be repeated.

Watched that Super Bowl in Hawaii....a 46-10 thumping. Ditka should've let Payton score (something he's always said he regretted).

FMJ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Fort Waste
    The hate is strong with this one.
    FACT: Peyton Manning is one of the best quarterbacks to ever play the game. An argument may be made for which spot. To deny his greatness is a joke, and shows the hater's mentality. :n00b:

To say hes NOT a choke artist is a joke and shows the worshipers mentality. :n00b:

what i hate is people trying to defend the indefensible.

FMJ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Fort Waste
    They barely needed that offense - that was the best defense (actually, the best one-year team) I ever saw. What they did in the NFC playoffs (pitching two consecutive shutouts on the way to the Super Bowl) will never be repeated.

Watched that Super Bowl in Hawaii....a 46-10 thumping. Ditka should've let Payton score (something he's always said he regretted).

Not denying how formidable that D was...but i am thinking the Crows D was pretty awesome in its own right.

But we aint talking formidable D's....we are discussing the king of the choke artists!

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    To say hes NOT a choke artist is a joke and shows the worshipers mentality. :n00b:

what i hate is people trying to defend the indefensible.

Guess we'll just have to agree that the 4 time NFL MVP, Superbowl Champion, Superbowl MVP, RECORD 12 time pro-bowl QB isn't your favorite player. There is literally nothing you can say that will change any of the facts I listed. I'd ask who your favorite player is, but I simply don't care about other people's likes and dislikes as much as others seem to.

arsenal69

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    Manning is not to blame.... what more does the guy have to do..... The defense sucked giving up 38 points at home.... it should have never gone to OT to begin with... if the home team scores 35 points that should be plenty... this loss is on the defense. I feel bad for manning he should not have to score 35+ points every damn game to get a win. The defense sucked just like when he was with the colts.... The Colts defense always sucked to let's be honest....

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Manning is not to blame.... what more does the guy have to do..... The defense sucked giving up 38 points at home.... it should have never gone to OT to begin with... if the home team scores 35 points that should be plenty... this loss is on the defense. I feel bad for manning he should not have to score 35+ points every damn game to get a win. The defense sucked just like when he was with the colts.... The Colts defense always sucked to let's be honest....

Not in 06' The supposed "worst run defense in the league" stepped up big in the playoffs. Other than that year I completely agree. Although, there were times when the offense was the primary culprit for a playoff exit.

FMJ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Fort Waste

yes, lets be honest! Manning SUCKS! Always has always will.

Its HIS F ups that do his team in EVERY time...Picks and fumble sin the clutch..the guy just cant win the big games...The guy is not a choke artist, hes the KING of choke artists.

Top Bottom