• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cue7467

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Westfield Indiana
    Why do people ALWAYS seem to find it necessary to make low ball offers?
    I get so freakin sick of it. You have to ask more then you want for something these days just to get a reasonable offer.

Guy offered me $2700 for 5 like new glocks with 10+ extra mags and 2 like new AR-15's with 6 brand new 30 round mags

heck, thats like $600 a piece for the AR's and $300 each for the Glocks.

PEOPLE NEED TO GET A CLUE. I understand wanting a good deal but SERIOUSLY!!!!!

308skinner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    So, IN
    I always tell them to **** off when they do that to me. They want you to give it to them. Its part of the share your wealth plan.

Last edited by a moderator:

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I dont mind the lowball offers, gives me something to laugh at. As i have experienced some of the lowball offers i've received have came from FFL holders or friends of one that could get the same item a little cheaper.

Also depending on what type of AR they are some are going for around $600 now, and you can find used glocks on sites in the mid $300's.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    You are right, people need to get a clue. Just because you are selling something doe NOT mean you are going to take any offer that comes along. Nor does it mean that you have to sell the item. I've got one of my properties listed for sale. Asking price is $2.35 million. One guy came in with an offer of $1.6 million. He was upset that I would not even return his call. He came back at $1.8 million a couple weeks later. I still wouldn't return his calls, he can go screw himself. Personally I think it is simply insulting to make low ball offers and I think its insulting to get them. Ignore the jerks.

NEWMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    Aren't you the one selling like 20 some guns on the forsale forum with no advertising?

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Something to think about...

Not that it's necessarily the case with either of the scenarios mentioned above:

But if all you're getting are "low-ball offers", then perhaps that's what the current market will bear.

I've said it before: This is a free market. You're free to sell something for whatever price you want. If it ain't selling...then you're either too high on your price or aren't reaching the right market.

Being a free market, you're also free to turn down and/or ignore offers that aren't up to snuff, so to speak.

That's life...

-J-

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    You are right, people need to get a clue. Just because you are selling something doe NOT mean you are going to take any offer that comes along. Nor does it mean that you have to sell the item. I've got one of my properties listed for sale. Asking price is $2.35 million. One guy came in with an offer of $1.6 million. He was upset that I would not even return his call. He came back at $1.8 million a couple weeks later. I still wouldn't return his calls, he can go screw himself. Personally I think it is simply insulting to make low ball offers and I think its insulting to get them. Ignore the jerks.

Hey, I was just trying to get a good deal. Don't you know what haggling is? Calling me a "jerk" on the internet for the whole world to see is unnecessary! J/K:D :ingo:

I do have a week old bag of Doritos and subscription to Home and Garden magazine I could trade you. :laugh:

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana

Wow, I feel poor now.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.

In todays market 1.6/1.8 offer would be standard.

But heck what would anyone else know.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I would say you have two options to fix YOUR problem:
    1) Get a strong set of Vice Grips.
    2) A bucket of water.

From here I can't tell exactly what the problem is, but my guess its either a misplaced stick or sand in the vulva. Either way the above treatment should help with the attitude adjustment, and you can move along with your day.

BTW, Get over it, saying no is easy.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    Hey... an offer is an offer... this BS about, "i'm pissed that your offer to give me money when I'm asking for money" is total baloney.

be glad somebody is making an offer. If it is too low, ignore it... reject it... print it out in bold on glossy paper, put it in the shredder, take it out, cut it into tiny pieces, roll it into a cigar, smoke it, blow all of the smoke into a condenser, inject the residue into a baloney sandwich and then feed that to your dog, scoop up the dog's poop and put it in a bag, throw it on the offering parties porch, ring the doorbell, and then light it on fire.

(maybe I went a little overboard... then again)

I just don't understand how an offer, any offer, is insulting. I can understand how saying, "give me $50 and I'll take it off your hands" could be insulting... then again, if I don't understand what the market is for what I'm offering, then that's my problem.

I'm starting to look for a new house. I plan to WAY LOWBALL every offer I make. I could care less if the seller is offended. One day I'll come across somebody who will bite. THAT is the free market, THAT is conservatism at the core.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    People who want to shop full retail or just pick it up and walk to the cash register don't shop the for sale adds on internet messege boards, they just walk in to a retail store and behave like retail store customers.

You want your chain yanked, you should get a load of cheap skates trying to beat the system out of store over head, insurance, taxes, hired help, financing an inventory by selling in free ads on the internet and then whine if cutomers act like they are at a yard sale.

Top Bottom