• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • barber613

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Kokomo
    Josh, weren't you selling 10 rounds of 7.62x39 for like 50.00 dollars a while back? What would be considered a lowball offer on that?

JustGone

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2009
    In the PRK now =(
    Business is business, people lowball because of the small chance the seller is willing to come down in price. Alot of time this is how good ole fashion negotiation goes. Offer low the seller comes down a little you come up a little it's the standard way of doing things when you sell stuff outside of the store front environment.

I used to sell alot of car parts and help my friends sell car parts, we would lowball parts on craigslist trying to keep our expense as low as possible so we could then turn around and make a profit on that item or put the parts into a shell and build a car for profit. Just a big money game, and can be fun if your into the workin deals out side of things.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Josh, weren't you selling 10 rounds of 7.62x39 for like 50.00 dollars a while back? What would be considered a lowball offer on that?

That was just to see how much these thing were worth. I've been getting conflicting stories - first, they are just surplus. Then, they are washed rounds worth a billion dollars.

So I put a very large reserve on it to see what Gunbroker folks said.

Josh <><

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    Why do people ALWAYS seem to find it necessary to make low ball offers?
    I get so freakin sick of it. You have to ask more then you want for something these days just to get a reasonable offer.

Guy offered me $2700 for 5 like new glocks with 10+ extra mags and 2 like new AR-15's with 6 brand new 30 round mags

heck, thats like $600 a piece for the AR's and $300 each for the Glocks.

PEOPLE NEED TO GET A CLUE. I understand wanting a good deal but SERIOUSLY!!!!!
    do this... You want to barter, ok, I'll open at $6000, you counter with $2700, we close at $4000. Bring cash.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    I'm starting to look for a new house. I plan to WAY LOWBALL every offer I make. I could care less if the seller is offended. One day I'll come across somebody who will bite. THAT is the free market, THAT is conservatism at the core.

Just plan on using all the money saved with the lowball offer.
    You will need it to fix everything the desperate schmoe that jumped on your lowball offer has neglected for the last ten years.

Of course the same is true for the top dollar offers as well because everyone practices some form of that same "conservation" .

Melensdad I feel for your pain.
    Probably the lowball offers are from people looking to enjoy a huge equity windfall at the expense of your equity largess.
    Don't sell to them rat bastages, hang on to your property and enjoy your wealth.

Honestly I don't understand why morepeople don't want to pay top dollar for everything they buy!

Heck if no one can make an enormous profit when selling something then why sell it?

Of course on guns that doesn't hold true because guns are considered depreciating commodities like most cars.

The loss you are willing to take should be considered your enjoyment tax. You enjoyed paying full price, you enjoyed owning, shooting, carrying and possibly upgrading it. Now you get to enjoy selling it for the absolute lowest amount any ding dong offers.

Enjoyment tax!
    Get it?

It gets complicated because everyone wants a good deal but no one wants to willingly take a loss.

That's the American way people.
    Until Obama has his way and no one gets to keep their profits. Instead they will be collected to be redistributed to the less fortunate at an exorbitant expense to pay the government wonks and bloated programs that dictate how, when and who get the proceeds of your profits.

The profit lost is your enjoyment tax for building, selling or providing a service entirely for the enjoyment of being a productive American.

Get with the program. I want a new Hybrid and without your help I can't afford it

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    People that brag to much.. usually don't have what they claim.

That's very mature of you to start the name calling though.. internet tough guy.
    While that is on the light side. Yes, I did call you a name.

He has not bragged. But he must have pics of someone ELSE'S snow cat, and someone ELSE'S cigar shop. I ask again. HAVE YOU EVER MET HIM? HAVE YOU EVER EVEN BEEN IN NWI WHERE HIS BUSINESSES ARE? No you don't have to answer me. You are quick to make assumptions about people you have no clue about.

Regarding comments made about melensdad.... just remember this quote

He who speaks of another man's business has no business of his own to tend.

Melensdad has no reason to lie and every member of INGO should be thought an honorable person until they prove unhonorable. What benefit does he have for lying about property value? Internet cookies and kudos?

:ingo: :twocents:
    Did you get neg repped by Machinegun too?:dunno:

+1 for melensdad
    +1 for what weakerbrother had to say

Mods is this tread really productive any longer?
    Nope.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    That's the American way people.
    Until Obama has his way and no one gets to keep their profits. Instead they will be collected to be redistributed to the less fortunate at an exorbitant expense to pay the government wonks and bloated programs that dictate how, when and who get the proceeds of your profits.

I can't wait till the gov redistributes guns , then maybe I'll get a Glock or HK !

WOOHOO !! Thems gonna be the days boys & girls !!

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    This thread has full-blown aids.

I love how it takes ZERO effort to ignore an offer and some effort to whine...And some choose to whine.

I wish someone would have given some of your guy's parents a sign like this when you were growing up:

249941924_66a0aec8f7.jpg

Top Bottom