• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    il go to starbucks on the 9th, here in indy, il even tip every barrista in there with a crisp 2$ bill

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    il go to starbucks on the 9th, here in indy, il even tip every barrista in there with a crisp 2$ bill

Better yet - inform them why you're there - I've been countering the MDA's and most Barista's don't understand what they (The MDA's) are doing and most don't agree with it from what I've run across. ... make sure they know. take a no gun = no money type card.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Man would love to see the word get out about this, first I have heard of it. I don't drink coffee but I'll hit a Starbucks anyway on Friday. INstormChaser, I'm close to Carmel, which Starbucks is yours? I'll spend some money there.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    anyone else notice that FB page is a clusterfark of a pissing contest? Well, more so than usual I mean.

I guess the mod just doesnt follow the left's methods of heavy editing, member/posting security controls, and swinging of the ban hammer. it took me a few minutes to figure out which side this page was really on due to all the derp posted by the opposition.

Constructionist

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    As a Supervisor at Starbucks and a Lifetime CCW holder I am really glad I work for a company that supports the 2nd amendment!

Serious question:

Do they necessarily support the 2A, or do they simply respect the laws of the state in which each particular store operates? Don't get me wrong, I support them either way. After all, respecting the rights of others, especially when you don't necessarily agree with them, is commendable.

I ask only because I thought I'd heard once that Starbucks, Inc. has said they don't take a stand either way, they just go with that state's laws. Looking to you for clarification. Thanks!

INstormChaser

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Carmel, IN
    Serious question:

Do they necessarily support the 2A, or do they simply respect the laws of the state in which each particular store operates? Don't get me wrong, I support them either way. After all, respecting the rights of others, especially when you don't necessarily agree with them, is commendable.

I ask only because I thought I'd heard once that Starbucks, Inc. has said they don't take a stand either way, they just go with that state's laws. Looking to you for clarification. Thanks!

To be a little more specific this is exactly it, Starbucks, Inc. supports and respects all local and state laws. They believe its not their job to dictate certain things company-wide, like contradicting local laws. I should have clarified on that, instead of writing just a short statement that really probably made some people ":dunno:?". But you are right, as a company, I love the fact that they support the rights of others, when I am pretty sure if I actually walked into corporate headquarters in Seattle and asked if they support the 2nd amendment, chances are I would get a big fat no. Kudos Starbucks.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I appreciate their stance, but is it OK to bring a nice cup of Folgers from home? :-)

Try their Blonde roast. Its MUCH better than their normal dark swill. Until I had that new flavor, I typically only drank things like Carmel Macchiatos or with lots of cream and sugar.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I appreciate their stance, but is it OK to bring a nice cup of Folgers from home? :-)

The meeting after the article on WTHR and then the day the article was on Fox about 2 weeks ago - the photos shown on FOX show 2 to 4 other "OUTSIDE" coffee's - clearly a McCafe for one of them. on the table in Starbucks. ... when I OC'd at the location of the last 'meeting' (that's what the Barista thought it was - not protest/petition drive; she rolled her eyes when Explained) - I only notice 1 generic drink. :dunno:

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana

Two words: Mocha Frappacino. Ok three, Grande Mocha Frapachino.

It's a life changing summertime experience if you haven't tried one yet.

I do all my regular coffee at home with my Keurig.

Starbucks is for everything else.

And yes, everyone who said Starbucks corporate policy is to follow state / local laws is correct.

Starbucks hasn't taken a position beyond saying they support / follow state laws on CC/OC. Which is more than good enough for me. :yesway:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Well although that'd be cheaper I suggest you buy at least one cup of coffee from them to show them your own support.

Yes. You really arent supporting them if all you do is show up and take up space their otherwise paying customers would.

Maybe thats part of what MDA is doing? A kind of "I dont support their current position so Im not going to give them any of my money" attitude. It would be kinda like PETA protesters outside of McDonalds going inside for a McSalad during their lunch break. :dunno:

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Yes. You really arent supporting them if all you do is show up and take up space their otherwise paying customers would.

Maybe thats part of what MDA is doing? A kind of "I dont support their current position so Im not going to give them any of my money" attitude. It would be kinda like PETA protesters outside of McDonalds going inside for a McSalad during their lunch break. :dunno:

No - MDA is actually suggesting bringing in other coffee. I saw a McCafe in the one TV report photo, along with some others. Go Back to the Fox 59 article 2 weeks ago.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    No - MDA is actually suggesting bringing in other coffee. I saw a McCafe in the one TV report photo, along with some others. Go Back to the Fox 59 article 2 weeks ago.
    Ok so lets all show up and buy coffee from Starbucks everytime MDA protests there.

Top Bottom