• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    All we should ask for is neutrality? I disagree.
    We have every bit the ability and responsibility to persuade others.
    The impetus is on us to to do it in a polite manner that doesn't weaken our cause.
    Why should neutrality be the best outcome for which we may hope?

Because neutrality is still in our benefit. Currently, neutral-stance allows us to carry wherever we like. Pushing for a business to become purely "pro-firearms" will alienate the other side, which isn't as civil. Then again, in our hypothetical here... the "extreme" on our end would be disallowing non-carrying people into a business... so it's not a 100% fair comparison. Since we are the ones with the freedoms and rights on our side, and they only have emotion and feelings.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    OK, I am going to have to be late to my own appointment at Starbucks. I will be there at 1PM perhaps sooner. My week of being hostage in my own house due to having deliveries or workmen coming by at their convenience continues.

So again, if anyone cares, I will be at the Starbucks in Terre Haute near the corner of US41/US150 & 7th (near the Burger King), south of I-70 at or before the hour of 1PM.

I'll be the guy in tie-dye t-shirt with a Sig P226 in a Blackhawk Serpa holster on my hip sipping hot chocolate. :cool:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I'm with GPIA7R on this.

"Neutral" (eg: following all appropriate local, State, and Federal laws) is absolutely the same as pro-anything. It is how business treats pretty much EVERYTHING else. Simply staying "legal" shifts most of the burden to the State. If you don't like something, take your business elsewhere and/or take up the issue with your elected officials. There is no reason for a business to have a policy list that is as long as the Indiana Code.

Starbucks should sell coffee to any non-criminal. Nothing more, nothing less.

Edit: tomorrow is a busy morning, but I'll find time to swing by the local 'bucks for a cappuccino.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    It seems like we had a flier to print that we gave to the Starbuck's people last year (or the year before) that thanked them for following the state laws on firearms or something of that ilk.

Anyone remember where they came from?

I'll try my INGO fu.

Found it but it's specific to the Buycott on 2/12/12.

Last edited:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    At Martinsville Starbucks.

Met up with The Wamp at Martinsville Starbucks. I was CC my CZ 2075 RAMI. Wamp was not carrying do to not having his LTCH yet.

We did not see a whole lot of who we thought were INGOers and we did not see anyone OC. Looked like the typicall Starbucks yuppie crowd to me.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'll be supporting over lunch somewhere along 86th street. I am not a coffee guy so don't know where Starbucks is but there has got to be one on the west end of 86th.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Just got back from the Brownsburg 'bucks. Chatted with the girl at the counter for a bit. She is getting her LTCH, and her uncle is showing her how to shoot. Pointed out a few local ranges. Her comment "If the government can buy me contraceptives, they should buy me ammo, too."

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Well I am heading to the Terre Haute Starbuck's earlier than expected. My hostage taker came and went so I am free to leave my home now.

In case anyone cares, I will be there shortly. :):

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Met Woodro29 in SE Indy. Mentioned the Starbucks appreciation day to the cashier who just gave me a blank look. :): Had a great conversation and just got back. Always enjoy meeting new INGO members. We start off with something in common.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

ShpEo.gif

Top Bottom