• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Ok so lets all show up and buy coffee from Starbucks everytime MDA protests there.

And maybe print out a flyer to give to the manager(s) (maybe even proactively across the city?) So that they are aware of what MDA is doing. (and if possible, screen grabs or emails where she tells them to carry in outside drinks) I'm sure a heads-up manager who knows what Ms. Watts and her cronies are doing would probably stop overlooking the outside food and drink if he knows he isnt alienating a customer. He may not kick them out outright, but it would be fun to make them sit around without refreshments while they collect signatures.

I actually think it would be more fun if managers removed them completely so that they had to stand around outside in the elements to collect signatures on the public sidewalk where protesters belong. I've never before seen a business who actually allowed protesters to bother customers within the store.

Or maybe we could get under their skin by buying them coffee while we were there? LOL

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Or maybe we could get under their skin by buying them coffee while we were there? LOL

^ this. Kill them with kindness. And as a long time retail manager I can safely say it is within the rights of Starbucks to kick them out. It's not public property so I don't believe right to assembly applies.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Wait, they stand there asking people to sign their petiton? Ok let's all meet oc our guns and when they ask us we should say no thank you. Simple as that, smile and be super nice people. That'll kill them

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Wait, they stand there asking people to sign their petiton? Ok let's all meet oc our guns and when they ask us we should say no thank you. Simple as that, smile and be super nice people. That'll kill them

there were a half a dozen of us that showed up to the Starbucks on East Washington and Audobon this morning to do just this.. MDA never showed, yet they had it on their schedule.
    Not one weird look, no one said a word and we sat for an hour and chatted, while drinking our Starbucks that is

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Funny that they didn't show to their own event. They must not have the numbers to back up their loud mouths. Plus, it's such a long drive for a soccer mom to drive to the east side from Zionsville.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Funny that they didn't show to their own event. They must not have the numbers to back up their loud mouths. Plus, it's such a long drive for a soccer mom to drive to the east side from Zionsville.

If you look closely at the sign in page to volunteer, none of their peeps were scheduled. One person signed up as a volunteer stating he was going to be there to support starbucks' policy:
    "John Last
    Ill be there supporting Starbucks policy. Banning guns makes no sense....."

I bet they all saw that and avoided that meetup due to percieved threats/opposition.

NavyVet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Marshall County
    Count me in for the Mishawaka meetup. My son has a driving test at 4:30... We should be done in time to be there at 5:30 (or shortly thereafter).

Other takers?

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    So this is Friday? Terre Haute has a Starbucks. I can't drink coffee, it makes me jumpy and keeps me up for days. I can drink tea, do they have tea? Never been in one but I am most happy to join in whatever it is we call this sort of thing by OCing at my local Starbucks on the 9th. I'd be surprised to see anyone else show up in TH open carrying but it would be a welcome sight for sure. I will be there around Ten AM and hang around for an hour or so sipping my tea, even if I have to bring it with me. :D

This is the Starbucks on the South side of Town on US41/US150 near Burger King & Kroger @ 10 AM.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I love how totalitarian fascists aren't happy enough with a company being "neutral" on laws.

that is just it, they do NOT see Starbucks policy of following local laws as fair. We had a Mom from MDA posting on IndianaMomsAgainstGunControl's Facebook page, I tried without success to help her understand that by taking no stand, which IMHO following law is no stand, is fair to both.
    They see fair as only what they want. I will stand up and fight where I am needed but I will not bang my head on the wall when trying to sway these "Moms" anymore.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    that is just it, they do NOT see Starbucks policy of following local laws as fair. We had a Mom from MDA posting on IndianaMomsAgainstGunControl's Facebook page, I tried without success to help her understand that by taking no stand, which IMHO following law is no stand, is fair to both.
    They see fair as only what they want. I will stand up and fight where I am needed but I will not bang my head on the wall when trying to sway these "Moms" anymore.

Yeah, campaigning for something to be "absolute" is simply extremism.

I want companies to follow the laws. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't say companies should be forced to be pro-gun. That's not right.

Wanting a company to remove the rights of one group in favor of your fake-comfort (MDA) is extremist.

All we can, and should ask for as gun owners, is neutrality (in Indiana).

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Yeah, campaigning for something to be "absolute" is simply extremism.

I want companies to follow the laws. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't say companies should be forced to be pro-gun. That's not right.

Wanting a company to remove the rights of one group in favor of your fake-comfort (MDA) is extremist.

All we can, and should ask for as gun owners, is neutrality (in Indiana).

All we should ask for is neutrality? I disagree.
    We have every bit the ability and responsibility to persuade others.
    The impetus is on us to to do it in a polite manner that doesn't weaken our cause.
    Why should neutrality be the best outcome for which we may hope?

Top Bottom