• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    well.. did your wife call the police on you?

lol. That's messed up. Then again there has to be a reason someone would make that allegation.

First thing you need to do is sit down and write down the events as they happened in as much detail as you can while you still remember them. Then you should file FOIA requests for all documentation, video, audio pertaining to the stop. File a formal complaint with the department.

PA2Ind

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    St. Joseph Co.
    lol. That's messed up. Then again there has to be a reason someone would make that allegation..
    False! I couldnt love my wife more. They said a neigbor heard yelling, I have two toddlers boys, all they do is yell. It was more about the gun imo.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    False! I couldnt love my wife more. They said a neigbor heard yelling, I have two toddlers boys, all they do is yell. It was more about the gun imo.

I wasn't saying there was truth to what was said, only that there had to be a reason. I was thinking more along the lines of the neighbor heard an argument.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You need legal representation.

We live in a pay to play legal system.

So you need to contact your regional legal aid if you're unable to afford a lawyer. Don't get your hopes up, they're mostly libs.

Contact the NRA, become a member. Contact your city councilman or councilwoman.

Document how it all transpired and have someone proof read everything before it goes anywhere.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    You don't need a lawyer if you just want to make complaints.
    You do need to write everything down as Beu said. You can get names from the reports.
    If you want to sue, then you'll need a lawyer.
    They also have to show that there were complaints.
    SBPD is notorious for not liking gun owners. Who's to say they weren't just trying to make your life difficult if they know you're a gun carrier.

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    ATM will be along shortly to tell you that you are doing it all wrong!

I've heard SBPD likes to harass people who are legal to carry, openly or not you shouldn't be harassed at all!

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    i would push it as far as i could. complaints law suites thats the only recourse you have and not become a criminal yourself. police need to learn their place as much as citizens need to learn theirs

jake

libertyordeath

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Oh look its just another isolated incident of a cop not knowing the law, and then violating it.

I'm sure its a one time thing....

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Nothing against the OP, but there has to be more to this story. Hopefully the rest of it will come out as time goes by. Even in SB this seems a bit outlandish. If this happened to me, I would be all over the dept till I found out what caused it. I would want an official and documented reason for them to violate me and my rights like that.

BTW, who's taking bets that Officer Maxey was in on this? :n00b:

Top Bottom