• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    That's the one bad thing about posting any AAR on an open internet forum.

There will be skeptics. You will be scrutinized and or second guessed up one side and down the other.

If you feel that you have personally been wronged I would suggest filing some kind of complaint or consult an attorney depending on how egregious you feel that your rights were violated.

If you have any questions on how to go about that then I would suggest you just post them without going into any specific details about the incident.

DadOfFour

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nothing against the OP, but there has to be more to this story. .....

I'll be honest, this seems a bit out there. If true, this takes the cake even for JBTs.

If it went down the way the OP states it did....

.... if the incident happened as presented, it really should be pursued agressively.

I sorry, but i don't buy this story......

....I agree, it doesnt pass the smell test.

There is more to this story. Or less to it. Or nothing to it.

I assume you all have reason to doubt the OP? Or is this just 6 more examples of Gun Owners mentally excusing the cops by saying there has to be more to the story? Cause let's face it the cops would NEVER trample all over somebody's right just cause they can right?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    When I first read this I was like "Oh wow, they really stepped on their PP's." But now there is a bit of clarification, it makes more sense. This was NOT a traffic stop. Sounds like your neighbor called 911 to report that YOU were beating your wife. That is much more serious and when they stopped you as you were leaving they did 100% the right thing by removing you from the firearm. Domestic disturbances are the most volatile situations an officers will handle. Taking the pistol of the alleged suspect is SOP. BTW, a visual "search" of your vehicle from the outside is not a search at all. When you told them "no" when told to open the trunk, did they open it anyway? The female officer that was speaking to your wife, did she call your wife "stupid"? Many times, the abused spouse will deny abuse when asked for fear of retaliation. I have seen it more times than I can remember. So the line of questioning may seem like they thought she was "stupid" but rather they were just trying to ask specif questions. I do not agree with taking bullets out of a mag (why bother) but I would NEVER allow an alleged domestic violence suspect have access to one during the duration of the investigation. Rather than being pissed at the officers for doing their job (albeit they could have done a few things differently) you really need to find out who called 911 telling police you were beating your wife. Maybe they even told them you were armed while doing so, that would explain the response.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I assume you all have reason to doubt the OP? Or is this just 6 more examples of Gun Owners mentally excusing the cops by saying there has to be more to the story? Cause let's face it the cops would NEVER trample all over somebody's right just cause they can right?

In my first break down post, i stated that "it happens" I didnt say I agree with it or condone it. i was just simply stating that cops seem to commonly take guns to check the numbers.

Im not saying cops don't do terrible things or wrong things im saying I don't buy the story in question.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    You assume wrong as far as my quoted post. Check my post out above yours.

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    Okay first off if you have had calls neighbor tromping in his yard like a big bad mad man... reguardless of your reasons great... maybe the neighbora think you have lost your marbles and no longer sain.. fair argument.. fast forward.... now lets say that some pita neighbor just so happened to mistake a toddler for your voice unlikely but i am sure it happens.. and they yell alot in a burly man voice expectially at each other and your wife... great.. say that call was made just a few minutes before officer joedickweed shows up to ram your vehicle... and gun drawn whole nine yards.. well sounds good... if i was officer joedickweed... i would have done the same... reports mad man running around the yard and house oc a gun (bet you were all kinds of happy about your break in).. and then an domestic call... the facts dont look good for you based on the supposed calls.. they look very damning. .

As far as a police officer and female to console your wife... and probe and ask if all is okay etc... women often do protect dangerous men.. that beat the holy crap out of them due to brain washing and fear and hopes crap might get better... the police know that.. honestly if i was beating my wife and she was protecting me i would want them pushing my wife.. for the truth.. i would clearly need help!

As far as the event being scary for the toddlers.. you bet.. guns drawn daddy man handled on the vehicle cops talking to mommy... daddy carrying a gun around the house and doimg yard work what ever (probably not part of your normal routine).. and then more cops show up.. daddy looks upset and helpless and what are they saying they can help mommy from daddy? What... what did daddy do..

Did daddy kill a neighbor, or rob a store, did daddy do something like on hbo or such... the list could go on and on... because who knows what the kids see on tv..

Oh your kids are marked.. the school councilers will be all probing your children and you wont know about it.. kids are impressionable... school counslers do evil things... such as hold a doll up amd ask... so if daddy was touching you somewhere bad where would he touch you in a bad way.. point out on this doll.. has dad ever touched you there for any reason? Oh dad helped me wipe down here... are you sure dad helped you wipe or did he do more... its okay.. tell me the truth and you can have this sucker.. oh just wiped... okay no sucker for you.... well maybe more... okay here is a sucker... does daddy hurt you spank you make you feel bad ever... may i suggest private school.. dont think it could happen to you??? Think again... be careful how you proceed, how well connected officer joedickweed is.. etc... or the pita neighbor..

If the neighbor is truly making up stuff like so just imagine what they will make up later when they know your kids are in school...

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    ...you really need to find out who called 911 telling police you were beating your wife. Maybe they even told them you were armed while doing so, that would explain the response.

(Assuming everything the OP wrote was factual)...I don't blame you for being out raged.

Denny- Will 911 tell you, a citizen, who called that in? I'd imagine some sort of legaleez will have to happen to get that info.

OP- If you think about it, I'm guessing you can figure the 911 complainant out yourself...probably some neighbor with whom you're having some other, unrelated problem.

Good luck!

fullmetaljesus

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Okay first off if you have had calls neighbor tromping in his yard like a big bad mad man... reguardless of your reasons great... maybe the neighbora think you have lost your marbles and no longer sain.. fair argument.. fast forward.... now lets say that some pita neighbor just so happened to mistake a toddler for your voice unlikely but i am sure it happens.. and they yell alot in a burly man voice expectially at each other and your wife... great.. say that call was made just a few minutes before officer joedickweed shows up to ram your vehicle... and gun drawn whole nine yards.. well sounds good... if i was officer joedickweed... i would have done the same... reports mad man running around the yard and house oc a gun (bet you were all kinds of happy about your break in).. and then an domestic call... the facts dont look good for you based on the supposed calls.. they look very damning. .

As far as a police officer and female to console your wife... and probe and ask if all is okay etc... women often do protect dangerous men.. that beat the holy crap out of them due to brain washing and fear and hopes crap might get better... the police know that.. honestly if i was beating my wife and she was protecting me i would want them pushing my wife.. for the truth.. i would clearly need help!

As far as the event being scary for the toddlers.. you bet.. guns drawn daddy man handled on the vehicle cops talking to mommy... daddy carrying a gun around the house and doimg yard work what ever (probably not part of your normal routine).. and then more cops show up.. daddy looks upset and helpless and what are they saying they can help mommy from daddy? What... what did daddy do..

Did daddy kill a neighbor, or rob a store, did daddy do something like on hbo or such... the list could go on and on... because who knows what the kids see on tv..

Oh your kids are marked.. the school councilers will be all probing your children and you wont know about it.. kids are impressionable... school counslers do evil things... such as hold a doll up amd ask... so if daddy was touching you somewhere bad where would he touch you in a bad way.. point out on this doll.. has dad ever touched you there for any reason? Oh dad helped me wipe down here... are you sure dad helped you wipe or did he do more... its okay.. tell me the truth and you can have this sucker.. oh just wiped... okay no sucker for you.... well maybe more... okay here is a sucker... does daddy hurt you spank you make you feel bad ever... may i suggest private school.. dont think it could happen to you??? Think again... be careful how you proceed, how well connected officer joedickweed is.. etc... or the pita neighbor..

If the neighbor is truly making up stuff like so just imagine what they will make up later when they know your kids are in school...

OBTWA.jpg

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I didn't read the last couple of pages because the chatter was pretty disgusting.

INGO is a great place... a place where we all come for a bunch of different reasons: To learn, to laugh, to socialize, to discuss, for help.... but the common denominator bringing us all here is our belief in the 2nd Amendment and what it stands for and the rights associated with it.

I'm not sure what qualifies any of you guys to determine the validity of the OP's story. I'm not even sure it matters how accurate his account was. The only thing that matters is potentially a fellow 2nd Amendment supporter had his rights violated and he has come here for advice. Even if he made the whole thing up... there is so much value in this thread as experts show up and give good advice. Why ruin it?

Either...

A.
    The OP made it all up and because a few of you can't seem to get past that, the rest of us miss out on some good information because you are clouding the thread.​

B.
    The OP is telling the truth, but in his rant didn't feel the need to divulge every single last detail because afterall he isn't writing a police report to us. And you guys are just a bunch of *******s who feel the need to **** on the very thing you "supposedly" come to INGO to support/defend.​

Well Done!!

clap.gif

fullmetaljesus

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I didn't read the last couple of pages because the chatter was pretty disgusting.

INGO is a great place... a place where we all come for a bunch of different reasons: To learn, to laugh, to socialize, to discuss, for help.... but the common denominator bringing us all here is our belief in the 2nd Amendment and what it stands for and the rights associated with it.

I'm not sure what qualifies any of you guys to determine the validity of the OP's story. I'm not even sure it matters how accurate his account was. The only thing that matters is potentially a fellow 2nd Amendment supporter had his rights violated and he has come here for advice. Even if he made the whole thing up... there is so much value in this thread as experts show up and give good advice. Why ruin it?

Either...

A.
    The OP made it all up and because a few of you can't seem to get past that, the rest of us miss out on some good information because you are clouding the thread.​

B.
    The OP is telling the truth, but in his rant didn't feel the need to divulge every single last detail because afterall he isn't writing a police report to us. And you guys are just a bunch of *******s who feel the need to **** on the very thing you "supposedly" come to INGO to support/defend.​

Well Done!!

clap.gif

a60SH.gif

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    When I first read this I was like "Oh wow, they really stepped on their PP's." But now there is a bit of clarification, it makes more sense. This was NOT a traffic stop. Sounds like your neighbor called 911 to report that YOU were beating your wife. That is much more serious and when they stopped you as you were leaving they did 100% the right thing by removing you from the firearm. Domestic disturbances are the most volatile situations an officers will handle. Taking the pistol of the alleged suspect is SOP. BTW, a visual "search" of your vehicle from the outside is not a search at all. When you told them "no" when told to open the trunk, did they open it anyway? The female officer that was speaking to your wife, did she call your wife "stupid"? Many times, the abused spouse will deny abuse when asked for fear of retaliation. I have seen it more times than I can remember. So the line of questioning may seem like they thought she was "stupid" but rather they were just trying to ask specif questions. I do not agree with taking bullets out of a mag (why bother) but I would NEVER allow an alleged domestic violence suspect have access to one during the duration of the investigation. Rather than being pissed at the officers for doing their job (albeit they could have done a few things differently) you really need to find out who called 911 telling police you were beating your wife. Maybe they even told them you were armed while doing so, that would explain the response.

I want to mak sure I understand this so please bare with me here.

Your response does make logical sense and ties in the OPs events. I'm guessing you hit the nail on the head.

Just so I'm clear, if a neighbor calls and says I beat my wife which is something I would never in a million years do, the LEOs arriving at the scene will more than likely treat me as guilty and are fully within the scope of the law to disarm me?

If my wife says, hell no he doesn't beat on me, the officers will most likely not believe her and assume she's lying out of fear of possible reprisal from the abuser later? The neighbor is the default honest third party in this scenario?

How would the husband even know what was going on? If police show up as in the OPs scenario, the last thing I'm thinking is the police are here because they think I'm beating on my wife. If I'm legally obliged to surrender my firearm and be subjected to investigation, on my own property none the less, but have no idea why LEOs are there, why would I even comply? Which then makes matters worse.

I know my initial instincts are to not trust LEOs while they're in the process of being LEOs. As people, some of the nicest folks I've met but during the course of doing their jobs, I've had zero positive encounters. I'm not consenting or complying to anything until someone explains to me why they're there in the first place.

I'm trying to be descriptive, not judgmental (although I recognize I'm failing) but would really appreciate some clarification. When you're innocent but being mistreated by an LEO, what are you supposed to do. Just take it and file a complaint after the fact? Is there any other profession on the planet any one of us would allow that to happen and not seek immediate retribution?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    (Assuming everything the OP wrote was factual)...I don't blame you for being out raged.

Denny- Will 911 tell you, a citizen, who called that in? I'd imagine some sort of legaleez will have to happen to get that info.

OP- If you think about it, I'm guessing you can figure the 911 complainant out yourself...probably some neighbor with whom you're having some other, unrelated problem.

Good luck!
    Maybe. If the caller wants to remain anonymous then it will say so. Otherwise it will have the caller's name or at least the address they are calling from if they are using a land line. At the very least, the run will have the info given to 911 by the caller and would most likely give reason to the officers actions.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    This is one reason why I, and many others, always wear a digital audio recorder and have it running when we are carrying in public. When I grab my gun I also grab my recorder and turn it on.

PA2Ind

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    St. Joseph Co.
    Thank you for the people whole have kept an open mind. One detail I forgot to write, if it matters, is the female officer said she knows the caller personally... The neighbors are less than reputable imo.

MeatyBacchus

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Thank you for the people whole have kept an open mind. One detail I forgot to write, if it matters, is the female officer said she knows the caller personally... The neighbors are less than reputable imo.

Too much bickering in this thread for me to read it all/comment on all the non sense.

Are you still looking for advice on how to handle?

If so, send me a PM.

Top Bottom