• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • juggaloxjj4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    I dont know where to post this but it involved me and my gun. So this just happened at 330 am today me and my buddies were playing poker out in willow glen and me and one of my friends were leaving. We walked outside and it looked like my inside car light was on so i was mad because i thought my battery was going to be dead. But then i look and see some guy walking across an appartment building behind a dumpster. I then see that my window was broken and put 2 and 2 together so i hop into action. I pull out my amt 45 and start chasing after him. He didnt see me till i was right up on him and took off and hopped in his buddys car. I was right on the butt end of his car with my pistol pointed at him saying "stop you ****** ****** before i ******* shoot your ***** ***" i was close enought to reach my hand out and clear off snow from his licence plate but i couldnt get all of it off. So within 30 seconds me and 3 other people are rolling around looking for him with glass stuck where it doesent need to be rolling around this appartment looking for them. Well after stopping a cop and telling him what happens we get a phone call from 3 of my other friends saying that they chased him to a trailer park over on madison and thompson right by that bridge called long view or long horn or something of that nature. Well the messed up thing about it was they werent there anymore none of them had their phone on them so they couldnt call us to let us know so we head there anyway and start patrolling around but couldnt find them but they said they got theit licence plate number it was

N 368?
    p

they couldnt get the last number

it was a hunk of junk light blue mazda or buick looking car.

The thing that makes me mad was i didnt want to shoot them because i didnt know if it was in my legal boundrys to blow out a tire or their back windown or blow them out of the water.

Also when we talked to the cops again they said they did it up in that appartment and got a few cars which sucks but there out on patroll looking for them so i hope all gets resolved but i just wish i would of left thirty seconds sooner. well you can hope all you want but whats done is done so if you guys could help me out that would be cool but im pretty sure that nothing is getting solved.

But would it have been legal to send a little bit of hot lead there way?

Last edited:

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Not a legal shoot. Your life or the life of others was not in jeopardy. Now if you had been in the vehicle when they broke in that is a different game altogether. Drawing your weapon in this instance was probably not a good idea either. I would also rethink some of what you have posted and clean it up a bit before someone quotes you.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    I dont know where to post this but it involved me and my gun. So this just happened at 330 am today me and my buddies were playing poker out in willow glen and me and one of my friends were leaving. We walked outside and it looked like my inside car light was on so i was mad because i thought my battery was going to be dead. But then i look and see some guy walking across an appartment building behind a dumpster. I then see that my window was broken and put 2 and 2 together so i hop into action. I pull out my amt 45 and start chasing after him. He didnt see me till i was right up on him and took off and hopped in his buddys car. I was right on the butt end of his car with my pistol pointed at him saying "stop you ****** ****** before i ******* shoot your ***** ***" i was close enought to reach my hand out and clear off snow from his licence plate but i couldnt get all of it off. So within 30 seconds me and 3 other people are rolling around looking for him with glass stuck where it doesent need to be rolling around this appartment looking for them. Well after stopping a cop and telling him what happens we get a phone call from 3 of my other friends saying that they chased him to a trailer park over on madison and thompson right by that bridge called long view or long horn or something of that nature. Well the messed up thing about it was they werent there anymore none of them had their phone on them so they couldnt call us to let us know so we head there anyway and start patrolling around but couldnt find them but they said they got theit licence plate number it was

N 368?
    p

they couldnt get the last number

it was a hunk of junk light blue mazda or buick looking car.

The thing that makes me mad was i didnt want to shoot them because i didnt know if it was in my legal boundrys to blow out a tire or their back windown or blow them out of the water.

Also when we talked to the cops again they said they did it up in that appartment and got a few cars which sucks but there out on patroll looking for them so i hope all gets resolved but i just wish i would of left thirty seconds sooner. well you can hope all you want but whats done is done so if you guys could help me out that would be cool but im pretty sure that nothing is getting solved.

But would it have been legal to send a little bit of hot lead there way?

your kiddin rite? you pulled your firearm and threatened a person who may or may not have broken your window? you didnt see this person do it so how do you know he wasnt behind the dumster takin a **** or dumster diving? owning a firearm doesnt automaticaly make you some action hero in a movie. you shouldnt pull your weapon unless you plan on poppin that trigger,plain and simple. your damn lucky you didnt get your arse shot pullin a stunt like that...next time the other person may not be so hesitent and may put a round in you before you have time to think.

juggaloxjj4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    i saw him walk away from my car to the side of the building it was him and the police said it was him and the cop i talked to said i SHOULD OF SHOT A TIRE OUT?

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    i saw him walk away from my car to the side of the building it was him and the police said it was him and the cop i talked to said i SHOULD OF SHOT A TIRE OUT?

That advice would have gotten you charged. You would not like the results from that. I suggest you read the Carry Issues and Self Defense section. https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/carry_issues_and_self_defense/
    There are many threads on what is a good and or bad shoot.
    You need to know what you can and can't do before you ever pull that gun again.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Glad to hear yo didn't shoot in this case. Hope nothing to valuable was taken

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN

even though you seen him walk away from your car..if you would of shot this person would you be willing to live with the fact that you just shot someone over a broken window..not only would it ruin you life but the lives of the persons family.
    and the officer giving you that kind of advice is just wrong..you would of been charged with something I can assure you of that. you are allowed to protect your property but what are you protecting after the damage had already been done? the guy was fleeing so he was no threat to you so IMHO you screwed up the moment you pulled your firearm.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton

The cop said you should have shot the/a tire out?!! Are you kidding?

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    and how come everytime someone has one of these stories they have to say what kind of firearm they pulled? "pulled my glock 17 with crimson laser grips and hi cap mag loaded down with hollow point and went after him"

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    You are very lucky you are able to post up something on this board instead of making collect calls today trying to find someone to bond you out or waiting for your initial hearing.

Sheesh, from a legal standpoint you should breathe deep and thank your blessings that you are not waiting on a fresh tray of powdered milk and jello for breakfast at county lockup.

A property crime is NEVER going to serve as justification for pulling your weapon. There were multiple people observing this transaction of events etc. If you had shot this guy you wouldn't have been able to put together a credible defense due to conflicting witness testimony. (and believe me - after the heat of the moment a few hours with IMPD questioning everyone relentlessly there would be conflicting versions). If you pull it you better be aware that its use likely follows and you have to be in a defensible position.

Cool off and remember - he could of just as easily shot you too. What is in the car can be replaced.

As for the Officer telling you to shoot out a tire?! I find that incredulous. Just seems way out of line. Dang, what a crazy series of events.

Old adage - Nothing good happens after midnight.

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    Whomever this police officer is that said you should have shot his tire out.. he's a big time idiot.

And you shouldn't have pulled your weapon and chased them.. your life wasn't in immediate danger.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Wouldn't have been a good shoot. And you are lucky you weren't charged after chasing people, who may or may not have done a darn thing, around with a gun and threatening them with it. There are cops around who would have arrested you, one I suspect would have has already responded in this thread, and IMHO they would have been right to do so. If you are going to accept the life or death responsibility of carrying a gun, you owe it to yourself, your family, and those around you to learn when you can and can't, and when you should or shouldn't, use it.

baldmax

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    North Liberty
    Someone needs a Mentos. I think you over reacted a bit. Calmer heads always prevail. Pulling the gun was not the best judgement call, either was going out on patrol after them.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Lets try and make this a learning opportunity. :)

:+1:

Valium.jpg

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    Sounds to me lilke the LEO needs a trip back to the academy. Offering advice like " you should have shot a tire out" and not hauling you in for those kind of actions, he may be a little rusty on his role as a LEO.

I offer this advice to you, not as an insult, but as a gun owner, take a PD class. You will benefit from the training as to when to draw your weapon. Untill then, be careful out there, let this be a learning lesson and grow from it.

Top Bottom