• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Raising taxes is not the answer to increasing the numbers of officers on the force. The special events tax is where they should be going, but that might hurt the precious Colts. Maybe they should try treating the officers better and they wouldn't lose as many that are leaving IMPD.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    The irony being thieving politicians stealing more of your money to hire more people who want to arrest criminals who steal from people. Go figure

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    Perhaps public employees should be exempt from income taxes instead of soaking taxpayers for income taxes on top of the wages paid to public employees.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    And where is this utopia located you wish to relocate your family to. Just curious.
    Please. I'm not naive enough to think that there is a utopia, but Marion Co is Detroit in the making. And that's with a Republican at the helm. When a Dem wins the next mayoral election (because he will), how much worse is it going to get?

I want to go where people still value minding your own business. And that will probably be where the county seat has less than 2500 people. And the whole damn county has a lower population than my township. I have some possibilities.

planedriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    gone
    Perhaps public employees should be exempt from income taxes instead of soaking taxpayers for income taxes on top of the wages paid to public employees.

not sure of that.... seems like if they sign up they should be precluded from the vote?

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    IFD has law suits against the city up now due to changes in our health insurance. Under the new plan, as in only 1 choice of provider, my bimonthly premiums will double, and I have to go on a high deductible plan. The city has reopened our contract twice already and never mentioned they would be looking at health insurance. Our union showed the city another way that was cheaper than their new plan, and he response we got was along the lines of... Yea, so what, we are going to make the change anyway. I'm waiting to see if an injunction is filed to stop the implementation of the new plan.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Please. I'm not naive enough to think that there is a utopia, but Marion Co is Detroit in the making. And that's with a Republican at the helm. When a Dem wins the next mayoral election (because he will), how much worse is it going to get?

I want to go where people still value minding your own business. And that will probably be where the county seat has less than 2500 people. And the whole damn county has a lower population than my township. I have some possibilities.

Actually I thought you may have come across a place.
    Marion Co. being the actual cross roads is importing thugs from every direction. They know our Prosecutors office is lazy and the revolving door policy fits the lifestyle perfectly.

Age/health/G-babys have us nailed down right here.

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    not sure of that.... seems like if they sign up they should be precluded from the vote?

An income tax on a public employee is carried by the taxpayer private citizen.

There are a good number of folks not subject to income tax that vote.

That said, if you want to take the position that only those that pay tax should be allowed to vote I am sure you would not be alone. Many would also take the position that only property owners should vote.

Last edited:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Actually I thought you may have come across a place.
    Marion Co. being the actual cross roads is importing thugs from every direction. They know our Prosecutors office is lazy and the revolving door policy fits the lifestyle perfectly.

Age/health/G-babys have us nailed down right here.
    I need to apologize. When I typed that I was 'hearing' it in my head differently that I think it appears when reading it. So it came across snarky. And that was not my intention.

Mr88GT is pretty rooted too. So until the unpleasantness of living in Marion Co becomes a bigger PITA than what he perceives as benefits, I'm stuck here.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    IFD has law suits against the city up now due to changes in our health insurance. Under the new plan, as in only 1 choice of provider, my bimonthly premiums will double, and I have to go on a high deductible plan. The city has reopened our contract twice already and never mentioned they would be looking at health insurance. Our union showed the city another way that was cheaper than their new plan, and he response we got was along the lines of... Yea, so what, we are going to make the change anyway. I'm waiting to see if an injunction is filed to stop the implementation of the new plan.

Don't mean to sound unsympathetic, but welcome to Obamacare. Those of us who actually pay our own insurance have paid double or more since the beginning of this year.

Top Bottom