• ...and so much more!
  • singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Actually I thought you may have come across a place.
    Marion Co. being the actual cross roads is importing thugs from every direction. They know our Prosecutors office is lazy and the revolving door policy fits the lifestyle perfectly.

Age/health/G-babys have us nailed down right here.

I thought staying in a place because of Grand-babies was stupid until I laid eyes on my Granddaughter.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    An income tax on a public employee is carried by the taxpayer private citizen.

There are a good number of folks not subject to income tax that vote.

That said, if you want to take the position that only those that pay tax should be allowed to vote I am sure you would not be alone. Many would also take the position that only property owners should vote.

Romulus and the Patricians certainly would!

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Good luck selling your house, ask me how I know :(

We'll be okay in that regard. Several factors working in our favor, not the least of which is that we bought it well under market (and when the market was low to begin with). I also know how to negotiate less for the commission. ;)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I thought staying in a place because of Grand-babies was stupid until I laid eyes on my Granddaughter.

It is sometimes hard to understand until you experience it. If I do not see all my girls every day I am not right with the world.

88...No worries. I understood where you were coming from. Hard to put a true "Tone" on my typed remarks.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Meanwhile, in other news, the police union is suing taxpayers over proposed changes to health insurance plans.

Police, fire unions file lawsuits against city following proposed changes to health care plans | Fox 59

Right alongside the Fire Department. I don't know why they're doing it, it's only a breach of the ****ing contract the city signed and results in the loss of about $7000/yr in take home pay. Who doesn't have $7000/yr laying around to give away? I'm sure that money will be well spent on more rental bicycles, electric cars and big fat juicy contracts and taxpayer funded buildings owned by friends of the elected officials.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    It'll be interesting to see how long this money stays as "for more police" instead of for more pet real estate projects, welfare for millionaire/billionaire business owners, and the usual way Ballard flushes money away on BS while sadly shaking his head that he just doesn't have money for essentials.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I want to go where people still value minding your own business. And that will probably be where the county seat has less than 2500 people. And the whole damn county has a lower population than my township. I have some possibilities.

Don't count on that. :laugh: There are fewer of them but there's always the ones that keep up with what you and your neighbors are doing. Small town politics can be just as oppressive and impenetrable as big city stuff. But having neighbors separated from you measured in yards and miles rather than by inches and feet is certainly a blessing.

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    Don't mean to sound unsympathetic, but welcome to Obamacare. Those of us who actually pay our own insurance have paid double or more since the beginning of this year.

No offense taken. I did not mean to come off as whinning or unsympathetic to others. My main reasoning for responding was to show how the City is reaching into my, our, pocket to fix an issue I did not create. I thought perhaps not everyone was aware.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    A. They are cutting police and fire insurance as mentioned by pphylodog. It was part of the contract. If u chose to screw with it wait until the contract is up. It would be like hiring a contractor to build a 2story addition onto your house w a 3 car garage. After agreeing on the price and taking your money, he decides to turn your addition into a screened in porch and tells you to deal with it.

B. They don't need more tax money as cops are retiring, dying, and getting fired left and right. Almost 50% of the police department can retire today if they felt so inclined. There are less officers today than what ipd had before the merge. So less officers stretched out to cover the entire county not just inside 465. It should be considered a crisis when you have less officers that now cover 2x the sq footage. Whenever a cop/firman dies, quits or gets fired his salary/retirement goes into the general fund not public safety. If we had 2000 officers and now we have 1500, in theory we should have 500 salarys to hire a new class...and have enough money to buy them all patrol lamborghinis and platinum glocks. Instead the taxpayer has to pay more, cops lose their already ****ty ins for ultra high deductible super ****ty insurance, and still they won't hire enough to cover the deficit. All the while using all the money that should be for public safety from cops/firemen leaving and spending it on pet projects like free preschool for everyone.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Ballard is an assclown. In the several personal conversations I've had with the man he is a true politician and out if touch with reality. Also a typical former military officer. I call it the "let them eat cake" mentality. The sooner he is out if office the sooner we can move on as a city.
    Im all for hiring new officers and also honoring the contracts they made with the fireman and police. Let's ditch these sports teams and pay for protecting our city! All the people clambering to keep funding these money pits can pay for them out of their own pocket. Start a colts and pacers and soccer team fundraising campaign. But do not take ****ing tax money to pay for them you theiving bastards!!

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    Preschool and cops... only .gov .indy could come up with this. The problem comes when the city controller decides pre-k is better for the city than more cops. The controller decides where all moneys goes.

The problem with one insurance provider is no bidding. Anthem might be the cheapest this year. What if
    Advantage or any other insurer have a better bid next year? If the city locks in one non competitive bid for the largest private contract it is a disservice to the tax payer and public servants.

It just does not pass the smell test to me.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Preschool and cops... only .gov .indy could come up with this. The problem comes when the city controller decides pre-k is better for the city than more cops. The controller decides where all moneys goes.

The problem with one insurance provider is no bidding. Anthem might be the cheapest this year. What if
    Advantage or any other insurer have a better bid next year? If the city locks in one non competitive bid for the largest private contract it is a disservice to the tax payer and public servants.

It just does not pass the smell test to me.

But, but... if we just educate the 4 and 5 year-olds, they will all grow up to be model citizens! Heck, in a few years, we probably won't need cops because all those well-educated kiddies will be so law-abiding.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Just a tidbit of information: studies show that bumpy the time children are in 3rd grade, there is no difference in performance between those who attended preschool and those who didn't. Similarly, the same holds true for kindergarten. Early learning in the government schools is not a contributing criteria to future success.

if pressed, I would say that early learning has little to no effect on the at-risk status of children either. That risk comes largely from the home dynamics which don't change just because the kid went to school at age 4 instead of at age 5 or 6.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Just a tidbit of information: studies show that bumpy the time children are in 3rd grade, there is no difference in performance between those who attended preschool and those who didn't. Similarly, the same holds true for kindergarten. Early learning in the government schools is not a contributing criteria to future success.

if pressed, I would say that early learning has little to no effect on the at-risk status of children either. That risk comes largely from the home dynamics which don't change just because the kid went to school at age 4 instead of at age 5 or 6.
    QFT!!!!!!!!!!

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Ballard is an assclown. In the several personal conversations I've had with the man he is a true politician and out if touch with reality. Also a typical former military officer. I call it the "let them eat cake" mentality. The sooner he is out if office the sooner we can move on as a city.
    Im all for hiring new officers and also honoring the contracts they made with the fireman and police. Let's ditch these sports teams and pay for protecting our city! All the people clambering to keep funding these money pits can pay for them out of their own pocket. Start a colts and pacers and soccer team fundraising campaign. But do not take ****ing tax money to pay for them you theiving bastards!!

Do tell what are we like?

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    IFD has law suits against the city up now due to changes in our health insurance. Under the new plan, as in only 1 choice of provider, my bimonthly premiums will double, and I have to go on a high deductible plan. The city has reopened our contract twice already and never mentioned they would be looking at health insurance. Our union showed the city another way that was cheaper than their new plan, and he response we got was along the lines of... Yea, so what, we are going to make the change anyway. I'm waiting to see if an injunction is filed to stop the implementation of the new plan.

Why are you exempt from feeling the financial hit in the pocket book just like everyone else with crappy insurance plans, increased premiums, with higher deductibles, etc? Think making health care affordable for everyone else that doesn't pay for it...

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    No offense taken. I did not mean to come off as whinning or unsympathetic to others. My main reasoning for responding was to show how the City is reaching into my, our, pocket to fix an issue I did not create. I thought perhaps not everyone was aware.

And the city created the skyrocketing health care costs how? Guess if you're in a union, only the city should absorb those costs and not you just like everyone else in the real world.

Top Bottom