• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HamYankee

Expert
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Hendricks County
    A guy called in to the Chicks on the Right show just now. He blamed white on black crime on the system, cops, and racism. He blamed black on black crime on a racist education system that teaches blacks to hate themselves and each other.
    I'll never understand. I went to public schools in a mixed-race and economic environment and I don't once ever remember witnessing institutionalized racism.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    You don't remember those classes? The ones where they'd show you movies and when there was a white face you'd get candy but when there was a black face they'd shock your privates until you peed?

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    What we remember??... IBTL....

You don't remember those classes? The ones where they'd show you movies and when there was a white face you'd get candy but when there was a black face they'd shock your privates until you peed?

I have a "Few" years on me, but I can NOT remember this ^^^?? Not sure it actually happened-Should this be in Purple??

What I do remember, from the mid '60's through to date, are programs to help (Give things to) most all races except the Whites.

What I do remember is during that time, at LEAST Five different (not slang) names to describe a person with dark skin??..

What I do remember is MANY Black ONLY organizations, clubs, pageants, and others.. ONLY a dark skin person can be a member of...

What I do remember is, during MY Lifetime, being told that I HAVE to have MY $$$ spent for groups of people that do NOT want to take care of themselves??..--You know--THE Right thing to do, and all???

What I do KNOW--If you are in a "Hole" then STOP diggng---You will only go deeper in the "Hole", by digging more. (Or expecting to have things given to you.)

What I do KNOW--If I want something, I must work for it, and earn it on my OWN..Not expect someone else to GIVE it to me..

What I do KNOW--I get along with, and like people of all races, and give them the same respect that I receive...Bill.

PS: I'm sure this post will not be up long??

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    You can't ignore the data that more blacks are convicted of a given offense than whites. That our prison populations have a large disparity. The argument is really why. One side says it's because of a racist system.

I'm mixed on it. One one hand, I will agree that there is a bias. Maybe it's attitude/behavior, the ability to afford legal defense, or any number of other factors. You keep hearing about poor black neighborhoods. The question is why? Does the general public have some effect? Does the mass population go to those areas to litter and vandalize? Or is it in the behavior of the localized population? Is it that blacks being treated so unfairly that they're poor and can only afford to live there? Or are they poor because of their own choices and behavior? Where is the root cause? Is it really outside racism, or does the responsibility lie within?

The bottom line is pretty simple. If you don't like being prosecuted unfairly, don't do something illegal.

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    You can't ignore the data that more blacks are convicted of a given offense than whites. That our prison populations have a large disparity. The argument is really why. One side says it's because of a racist system.

Yes:
    History_Speeches_1109_Lyndon_Johnson_Civil_Rights_Workers_still_624x352.jpg

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    A guy called in to the Chicks on the Right show just now. He blamed white on black crime on the system, cops, and racism. He blamed black on black crime on a racist education system that teaches blacks to hate themselves and each other.
    I'll never understand. I went to public schools in a mixed-race and economic environment and I don't once ever remember witnessing institutionalized racism.

Was his name Larry?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I'm mixed on it. One one hand, I will agree that there is a bias. Maybe it's attitude/behavior, the ability to afford legal defense, or any number of other factors. You keep hearing about poor black neighborhoods. The question is why? Does the general public have some effect? Does the mass population go to those areas to litter and vandalize? Or is it in the behavior of the localized population? Is it that blacks being treated so unfairly that they're poor and can only afford to live there? Or are they poor because of their own choices and behavior? Where is the root cause? Is it really outside racism, or does the responsibility lie within?

The bottom line is pretty simple. If you don't like being prosecuted unfairly, don't do something illegal.

If we're trying to find root causes, yes, I'd say it's the system that rewards the thing that causes it. It's Democrat induced.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Sort of along the same vein, I just watched a VICE documentary on the for profit bail bond industry, which affects lower income families more than wealthier families.

Very interesting story, I hadn't thought much about how we do bail in this country before.

[video=youtube;TGomdoO368g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGomdoO368g[/video]

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Sort of along the same vein, I just watched a VICE documentary on the for profit bail bond industry, which affects lower income families more than wealthier families.

Very interesting story, I hadn't thought much about how we do bail in this country before.

[video=youtube;TGomdoO368g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGomdoO368g[/video]

I feel no sympathy for criminals that have to come up with bail money. I've got a dead beat brother that has skipped bail in at least 3 states that I know of. The money is put up to give the person an incentive to go back to court. A lot of people don't go back depending on the crime and the location. My mom and sister have lost a lot of money on the lil douche bag. I will not put up bail money for him. Never have never will.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I have a "Few" years on me, but I can NOT remember this ^^^?? Not sure it actually happened-Should this be in Purple??

Can't get anything past some people ;) Yes, sometimes something is so facepalmingly obvious that the purple need only be implied. Trouble with someone like me is I run the gamut from demented to pedantic, with stops in geekery and obscurity. Sometimes in one post.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I feel no sympathy for criminals that have to come up with bail money. I've got a dead beat brother that has skipped bail in at least 3 states that I know of. The money is put up to give the person an incentive to go back to court. A lot of people don't go back depending on the crime and the location. My mom and sister have lost a lot of money on the lil douche bag. I will not put up bail money for him. Never have never will.

Good anecdotal story, in the video they explain that in other places there are systems, like gps ankle braces and such that serve to replace bailsmen, it's an awful system and has nothing to do with taking it easier on the alleged criminal.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    I think so. I heard the same call, the dude was a moron.

Also, :popcorn:

Larry is quite a character, he often calls radio shows. Sometimes he is coherant and other times not so much. He was running for mayor and did an hour long interview with Abdul which was very interesting.

I have also seen Larry ranting to the city counsel on our local version Cspan.

I hear crazy black man on the radio, I think of ol' Larry.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Am I the only one who can't listen to the Chicks on the Right?

It's the radio equivalent of Us Weekly. And way too catty.

Top Bottom