• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Am I the only one who can't listen to the Chicks on the Right?

It's the radio equivalent of Us Weekly. And way too catty.
    I can't listen to them. More of a distance thing really. Well. I guess I could if I listened to the podcast. Or streamed it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I feel no sympathy for criminals that have to come up with bail money. I've got a dead beat brother that has skipped bail in at least 3 states that I know of. The money is put up to give the person an incentive to go back to court. A lot of people don't go back depending on the crime and the location. My mom and sister have lost a lot of money on the lil douche bag. I will not put up bail money for him. Never have never will.

I bailed my younger Douche bag brother out once. I had good reason to. We needed to have a very serious discussion.
    Till the day he died he always said he should have stayed in jail. Would have much easier on him.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    I too have a DB brother who blames everyone else for his problems and has at least 1 warrant for failure to appear. When does the INGO support group meet?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I have a "Few" years on me, but I can NOT remember this ^^^?? Not sure it actually happened-Should this be in Purple??

What I do remember, from the mid '60's through to date, are programs to help (Give things to) most all races except the Whites.

What I do remember is during that time, at LEAST Five different (not slang) names to describe a person with dark skin??..

What I do remember is MANY Black ONLY organizations, clubs, pageants, and others.. ONLY a dark skin person can be a member of...

What I do remember is, during MY Lifetime, being told that I HAVE to have MY $$$ spent for groups of people that do NOT want to take care of themselves??..--You know--THE Right thing to do, and all???

What I do KNOW--If you are in a "Hole" then STOP diggng---You will only go deeper in the "Hole", by digging more. (Or expecting to have things given to you.)

What I do KNOW--If I want something, I must work for it, and earn it on my OWN..Not expect someone else to GIVE it to me..

What I do KNOW--I get along with, and like people of all races, and give them the same respect that I receive...Bill.

PS: I'm sure this post will not be up long??

14 hours as of this writing. I don't see any reason for it to go anywhere.

In fact, for your three "what I do know"s at the end... you're getting a rep on this one.

Blessings,
    Bill

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    We can blame whomever we want for societal and personal ills, perceived or real. But one thing is guaranteed: you'll never overcome these things, and you'll never have anything to be proud of, unless you work for it. George Washington Carver no doubt dealt with racism. Albert Einstein lived in an era and place of extreme anti-semitism. They didn't succeed for any other reason than that they applied their God-given talents through hard work, perseverance, and ingenuity. Society is unjust. And as much as we are duty-bound to improve it, it will nevertheless be ever so. Because the world and imperfect man are unjust.

Every man, no matter what race, creed, nationality, will ultimately shoulder his difficulties and carry them through to success, or he will stagger beneath the load, and blame someone else as he is falling.

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Every man, no matter what race, creed, nationality, will ultimately shoulder his difficulties and carry them through to success, or he will stagger beneath the load, and blame someone else as he is falling.

I like that. And that's the end point of it all.

You have to admit that the system is set up to profit off of failure, and the black man has been the brunt of those numbers, but it inevitably it's the individual's choice that makes the action.

I do fully believe that the media and the teachings in the schools strip us of our culture, divide and conquer, and purposely 'jihad' cultures against each-other.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    You have to admit that the system is set up to profit off of failure, and the black man has been the brunt of those numbers, but it inevitably it's the individual's choice that makes the action.
    It's like saying the credit card companies only favor the rich because they can pay their balance where the poor can't. You still have to make the choice to be in the bad situation.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Am I the only one who can't listen to the Chicks on the Right?

It's the radio equivalent of Us Weekly. And way too catty.

I've tried, that little clip they kept playing where the girls said they want to shoot someone with rubber bullets is cringe worthy. It's something that might get said in a middle school lunch room, not by anyone I'd take seriously.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    It's like saying the credit card companies only favor the rich because they can pay their balance where the poor can't. You still have to make the choice to be in the bad situation.

Ive never personally experienced it but I'd have to think it's harder than " just make better choices" when you're in a down and out situation

Last edited:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Ive never personally experienced it but I'd have to think it's harder that " just make better choices" when you're in a down and out situation

We are spoiled Americans....We have no idea what a real "down and out situation" is....Study up a bit on world history and third world conditions and you will see people in "down and out situations" making do as best they can with the hand they are dealt...

I consider myself filthy rich because we have a faucet that pours out clean water I can drink...As long as I have that, squirrels, and the means to take them I feel pretty darn blessed...

IMHO

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I like that. And that's the end point of it all.

I do fully believe that the media and the teachings in the schools strip us of our culture, divide and conquer, and purposely 'jihad' cultures against each-other.

You know, I don't know how to react to any of this except to note that I grew up in the South Suburbs of Cook County, IL, in a high school that was 1/3 negro and 4000 students deep. I played football and wrestled with them, played baseball and basketball with them - but we didn't run in the same circles. However, in the 60s, the American negroes were still feeling their way into the Civil Rights movement; their families hadn't yet started to break down due to the welfare system; and their parents would generally treat them just like our parents treated us when we did something stupid and/or illegal - they'd kick their butts. But even in the late 60s, there was a certain amount of gang influence in the South Suburbs that was generally invisible to the white kids (and I only found out by accident when a wrestling teammate took a revolver out of his school locker and explained it was because of a particular gang). What I _do_ know is that, in general, in a high school where they were treated equally in all ways, they didn't feel compelled to act out any more than the idiot white drop-out wannabes, and they weren't treated any differently when they did.

I said all that to say this: talking about "police brutality," "institutional prejudice," and "white privilege" is making b.s. excuses for acting like criminals and thugs - at least for those born in the North. Any "institutional prejudice" had more to do with being economic competition than skin color. It might be easier to claim bias when you have a noticeable physical characteristic like skin color, but "different" people have experienced prejudice and bigotry throughout history, and America is , yes, replete with examples from the American Indian tribes to the Irish, Italians, Polish, Asians, you-name-it. Apparently, many Black Americans have gotten caught in the trap of living in the prison of victimhood, expecting - demanding - to be handed things instead of doing what their grandparents and great-grandparents did (and what other oppressed minorities did) - that is: they dug in and worked harder to get out of the situation they were born to. History is replete with examples of the ones who were wildly successful and it was due to hard work and innate talent, not being handed anything. That's worth emulating and holding up as role models no matter who you may be.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    You can't ignore the data that more blacks are convicted of a given offense than whites. That our prison populations have a large disparity. The argument is really why. One side says it's because of a racist system. .
    In Fergusun , they rioted after a shooing and a lie . In Oregon , there were plenty of lies and a shooting but no riots . I wonder what would the answer to the problem be ? I'm thinking PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY. Don't act like an idiot in public.

Top Bottom