• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Note that the article also shows show another CNN member also broke Colorado law when buying an AR-15!

Is the ATF investigating this yet?

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Note that the article also shows show another CNN member also broke Colorado law when buying an AR-15!

Is the ATF investigating this yet?

On the Colorado incident probably NO. ATF only gets involved if it is related to a Federal Law! Which everyone should know.

As far as Meet The Press. I watched the whole interveiw as well. I am no Gregory fan HOWEVER, the ATF or DC Prosecutors will not make a case because there is no proof Gregory broke a law. Now let me explain. No one here can prove or disprove that there was not a DC Police or other LEO in the studio that provided the magazine Gregory used for comparison. Gregory held up the 30 round magazine to compare against a 10 round magazine for what 10 seconds!. No US Attorney is going to take a case (besides it would be a DC law anyway which even if a prosecutor wanted to no one here can prove it beyond a resonable doubt).

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I don't follow the logic. Announcing it was a 30 round mag, having it witnessed by an acknowledged gun person like Wayne LaPierre, and having the whole event recorded isn't "beyond a reasonable doubt"? If a prosecutor can't make that stick, I have to wonder what is actually needed.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Every time david gregory opens his pie hole about how more gun laws will
    prevent gun violence someone should remind him that the law restricting him from
    possessing a 30 round magazine did not prevent him from possessing that magazine.

The law made no difference to gregory, the law will make no difference to a nut job.

Laws are not a magic wand to ward off evil.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I don't follow the logic. Announcing it was a 30 round mag, having it witnessed by an acknowledged gun person like Wayne LaPierre, and having the whole event recorded isn't "beyond a reasonable doubt"? If a prosecutor can't make that stick, I have to wonder what is actually needed.

If the glove does not fit you must aquite. :whistle:

@printcraft
    Sssssshhhhh stop using logic we all know all animaos are created equal, some animals are more equal than others.

indymike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    How is "possession" defined when it comes to state and local bans? Does that mean it has to be in your house or car, on your person when walking in public or in this case, can simply holding it in your own hands be considered possession? Sorry for my ignorance on this, just curious.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    On the Colorado incident probably NO. ATF only gets involved if it is related to a Federal Law! Which everyone should know.

As far as Meet The Press. I watched the whole interveiw as well. I am no Gregory fan HOWEVER, the ATF or DC Prosecutors will not make a case because there is no proof Gregory broke a law. Now let me explain. No one here can prove or disprove that there was not a DC Police or other LEO in the studio that provided the magazine Gregory used for comparison. Gregory held up the 30 round magazine to compare against a 10 round magazine for what 10 seconds!. No US Attorney is going to take a case (besides it would be a DC law anyway which even if a prosecutor wanted to no one here can prove it beyond a resonable doubt).

Perhapes if you read my post in bold letters that would better explian the logic in it.
    With a studio full of people do you charge all of them? Yes Gregory held it up for like 10 seconds for a comparison so what, That doesn't mean he "possessed it" it could have been a LEO's that was there in the studio. Like I said no on here can prove either way. And Prosecuors need more than what we watched to go forward with charges. If a Prosecutor knows there is a likelihood it would get thrown out/aquitted Prosecutors don't normally spend the money and that is what it boils down too!

There's your logic!

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    the ATF or DC Prosecutors will not make a case because there is no proof Gregory broke a law. Now let me explain. No one here can prove or disprove that there was not a DC Police or other LEO in the studio that provided the magazine Gregory used for comparison.

Actually, you are the one making an absolute claim. I've bolded it for you since you missed it. Feel free to explain how you can be so sure of your point, but no one else can trust their own lying eyes.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Every time david gregory opens his pie hole about how more gun laws will
    prevent gun violence someone should remind him that the law restricting him from
    possessing a 30 round magazine did not prevent him from possessing that magazine.

The law made no difference to gregory, the law will make no difference to a nut job.

Laws are not a magic wand to ward off evil.

^^^^^^this^^^^^^

As I watched that program, it didn't even occur to me that those might be illegal in DC.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Actually, you are the one making an absolute claim. I've bolded it for you since you missed it. Feel free to explain how you can be so sure of your point, but no one else can trust their own lying eyes.

I stated No one (aka everyone) can prove or disprove that Gregory broke the law. If no one knows if it was a LEO's in the studio somewhere or other circumstances how can someone demand he be arrested since none of us know if he broke the law because of what we did not see off camra!

My point is this. Lets say "hypothetical" Gregory "Possessd" the magazine for the 10 seconds he held it. A Prosecutor is not pushiung charges on Gregory holding up a magazine for for those 10 seconds to compare it to another "legal for DC laws" period. Even if a Prosecutor did push It would be an uphill fight! They don't normally spend mony from their pile on something that slim to prove.

I've been around Military and Civil courts for 26 years. Don't agree with everything but thats a reality. It's called Prosecutory Discretion!
    Nothing we can do about it as far as a DC law. sure Indiana Prosecutors and Judges we can vote on but some places (and Federal) they are appointed so what do you do!

Top Bottom