• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I stated No one (aka everyone) can prove or disprove that Gregory broke the law. If no one knows if it was a LEO's in the studio somewhere or other circumstances how can someone demand he be arrested since none of us know if he broke the law because of what we did not see off camra!
    I've been around Military and Civil courts for 26 years.

I always doubt people on the internet when they try to use qualifications as proof of their argument, even qualifications as vague as this. Too often it means that they are trying to mask the weakness of their arguments. Despite your claim, it appears that David Gregory did not get the magazine from a LEO and did not possess it for a mere 10 seconds.

In fact, according to the police, NBC asked and was denied permission to use the magazine. It appears that Dick Gregory and NBC knowingly broke the law in an attempt to make their attack on the NRA more dramatic. I'd love to see this pushed to the maximum.

NBC contacted MPD inquiring if they could utilize a high capacity magazine for their segment. NBC was informed that possession of a high capacity magazines is not permissible and their request was denied. This matter is currently being investigated.

Last edited:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I don't want Gregory prosecuted. I don't want anyone prosecuted for possession of a weapon or a magazine in DC. Or anywhere else. It shouldn't be illegal. I don't want anyone accorded special privileges, but I don't want anyone arrested for possessions of a Constitutionally protected item.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I don't want Gregory prosecuted. I don't want anyone prosecuted for possession of a weapon or a magazine in DC. Or anywhere else. It shouldn't be illegal. I don't want anyone accorded special privileges, but I don't want anyone arrested for possessions of a Constitutionally protected item.

I agree with this, but how can the point be made to the public if flagrant violations are ignored, but less public cases are prosecuted?

We've seen plenty of cases where anti-gun politicians or other public figures are caught with firearms or have it pointed out that they have armed guards. The hypocrisy and violations of peoples rights need to be made public to influence public opinion.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I agree with this, but how can the point be made to the public if flagrant violations are ignored, but others are prosecuted?
    Happens all the time. Ask our INGO cops how many times they have let someone slide for a traffic infraction or maybe possession of a controlled substance in small amounts, (OK, they won't be able to admit to the last one, but I know it's happened). If we ignore bad laws long enough then they will be made to go away.

asipes

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    Central Indiana
    is there a way to tell for sure by looking at the clip it is an actual 30 round mag, and not a pinned 10/30?

I see where you are going... and I would point out the following:

No person in the District shall possess, sell, or transfer any large capacity ammunition feeding device regardless of whether the device is attached to a firearm. For the purposes of this subsection, the term “large capacity ammunition feeding device” means a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device that has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Any evidence he was legally called on this?

Don

According to this, the D.C. Police are taking this seriously (from Breitbart):

DC Police Investigating NBC's Gregory for Brandishing Illegal Magazine

Hopefully they crawl so far up his @$$ he'll need a proctologist to get them out.

EDIT: And here's another tasty tidbit from The Patriot Perspective indicating CNN's Don Lemon might be a partner in crime with NBC's Gregory:

http://thepatriotperspective.wordpr...d-gregory-violates-dc-gun-law-on-national-tv/

Last edited:

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I stated No one (aka everyone) can prove or disprove that Gregory broke the law. If no one knows if it was a LEO's in the studio somewhere or other circumstances how can someone demand he be arrested since none of us know if he broke the law because of what we did not see off camra!

My point is this. Lets say "hypothetical" Gregory "Possessd" the magazine for the 10 seconds he held it. A Prosecutor is not pushiung charges on Gregory holding up a magazine for for those 10 seconds to compare it to another "legal for DC laws" period. Even if a Prosecutor did push It would be an uphill fight! They don't normally spend mony from their pile on something that slim to prove.

I've been around Military and Civil courts for 26 years. Don't agree with everything but thats a reality. It's called Prosecutory Discretion!
    Nothing we can do about it as far as a DC law. sure Indiana Prosecutors and Judges we can vote on but some places (and Federal) they are appointed so what do you do!

I always doubt people on the internet when they try to use qualifications as proof of their argument, even qualifications as vague as this. Too often it means that they are trying to mask the weakness of their arguments. Despite your claim, it appears that Dick Gregory did not get the magazine from a LEO and did not possess it for a mere 10 seconds.

In fact, according to the police, NBC asked and was denied permission to use the magazine. It appears that Dick Gregory and NBC knowingly broke the law in an attempt to make their attack on the NRA more dramatic. I'd love to see this pushed to the maximum.

Pudly, First I have nothing to prove to anyone however in the 26 years of LE experience I vaguely mentioned if you must know it was with the military, 2 municiple PD's and the FED's. As far as your statement in bold above about doubting people on the internet. You might want to look at your post count. We joind the same time and yet you have 10X the posts. I don't have that much time to post. I'm a little busy working my vague LE career.

On the original thread I answered when the only "evidence" against Mr Gregory was the 10 seconds or so of film. I simply stated the fact. No one here could call that Gregory did or didn't break the law by just watching that interview alone. If the DC police are investigating it and they get signed affadavit's great but it is still up to the Prosecutor to file charges and in those 26 years I have been in prosecutors office's and court a few times and saw first hand how it works. So with the few facts so far I will be EXTREMELY surprised if anyone is charged with anything in this case. Of course anything can materialize but it is still up to the Prosecutor and I don't see it going anywhere.

This is no different than all the drug use footage we see in news stories and no one gets charged for possession of drugs etc.

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    I always doubt people on the internet when they try to use qualifications as proof of their argument, even qualifications as vague as this. Too often it means that they are trying to mask the weakness of their arguments. Despite your claim, it appears that Dick Gregory did not get the magazine from a LEO and did not possess it for a mere 10 seconds.

Dick Gregory:
    DickGregory.jpg

David Gregory:
    David-Gregory-magazine1-620x345.jpeg

El-Cigarro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Didn't see ol' Dave on "Morning Joe" so far this morning. Maybe his butt IS "In the Wringer"!!!!!! :cool:

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    Note that the article also shows show another CNN member also broke Colorado law when buying an AR-15!

Is the ATF investigating this yet?

Nope....not going to investigate a bro. See New Black Panthers voter intimidation fiasco..

Last edited:

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    I think he will be exempt since he was trying to make a point for the "Ban Crowd". Clearly he was in possession (if he was a no-name teenager on the street and the mag was weed he would surely be arrested) and he was "brandishing" the mag on top of that. Luckily no one was injured.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    I think he will be exempt since he was trying to make a point for the "Ban Crowd". Clearly he was in possession (if he was a no-name teenager on the street and the mag was weed he would surely be arrested) and he was "brandishing" the mag on top of that. Luckily no one was injured.

Another question is did they also have an AR there too?

Too bad that Wayne didn't say, "David do you know that you are breaking a DC law by having that"? That would have shut him up quick***

Top Bottom