• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I think he will be exempt since he was trying to make a point for the "Ban Crowd". Clearly he was in possession (if he was a no-name teenager on the street and the mag was weed he would surely be arrested) and he was "brandishing" the mag on top of that. Luckily no one was injured.

Based on the latest Yahoo News Article is looks like he won't be exempt.
    It appears NBC asked the DC police first if they could use the 30 magazine round in the segment and the DC police said NO as it's illegal to have such a magazine in DC. NBC went ahead and did it anyway.

So they can't claim they did not know it was illegal.

Did TV Anchor Violate Gun Law? - Yahoo! News

Mrkeller

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Greensburg
    I just got done sending an email to MPD. Not sure if I will get a response, but if I do it will probably be something along the lines of "We can't talk about this due to it being a pending investigation."

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I don't want Gregory prosecuted. I don't want anyone prosecuted for possession of a weapon or a magazine in DC. Or anywhere else. It shouldn't be illegal. I don't want anyone accorded special privileges, but I don't want anyone arrested for possessions of a Constitutionally protected item.

Under most circumstances I would agree. There should be no laws against the free exercise of a constitutional right; However, I will gladly support the most severe prosecution of a person who uses an already prohibited item for which anyone else would have the book thrown at him in the effort to incite a public frenzy for even more unconstitutional legislation. My only reservation is that he should be tried for treason, not possession of the magazine if things were done my way. I fail to see how inciting clearly unconstitutional government action (enforced by armed government personnel) does not constitute making war on the republic.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Under most circumstances I would agree. There should be no laws against the free exercise of a constitutional right; However, I will gladly support the most severe prosecution of a person who uses an already prohibited item for which anyone else would have the book thrown at him in the effort to incite a public frenzy for even more unconstitutional legislation. My only reservation is that he should be tried for treason, not possession of the magazine if things were done my way. I fail to see how inciting clearly unconstitutional government action (enforced by armed government personnel) does not constitute making war on the republic.

And if found guilty which form of punishment should he get? :dunno:
    guillotine.jpg

4-posada-firing-squad-granger.jpg

220px-Pisanello_010.jpg

Other?

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County

:yesway: Very well said! Rep.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Based on the latest Yahoo News Article is looks like he won't be exempt.
    It appears NBC asked the DC police first if they could use the 30 magazine round in the segment and the DC police said NO as it's illegal to have such a magazine in DC. NBC went ahead and did it anyway.

So they can't claim they did not know it was illegal.

Did TV Anchor Violate Gun Law? - Yahoo! News
    According to that same article after they were told "NO" directly by the DC police they decided to try and get clearance from the ATF who have no jurisdiction involving enforcement of DC law but agreed to pose the question to a couple of DC cops who had worked with them in the past and they said Gregory would be good to go displaying the magazine as long as it wasn't loaded. Turns out that info from the two cops was bogus according to the way DC law reads.

What a bunch of dopes. :rolleyes:

Mrkeller

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Greensburg
    So here is the reply from the email I sent MPD.
    "The Metropolitan Police Department is in receipt of your e-mail regarding the David Gregory segment on "Meet the Press." MPD has received numerous e-mails informing us of the segment. NBC contacted MPD inquiring if they could utilize a high capacity magazine for their segment. NBC was informed that possession of a high capacity magazine is not permissible and their request was denied. This matter is currently being investigated. Thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention.

Customer Service – Metropolitan Police Department"

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    D.C. police won’t arrest David Gregory

Sort of just like I stated what would happen

MILLER: D.C. police won

Miller is a good reporter ( seems strange pairing those two words) if you read her prior articles you will see just how unjust your opinion is. I don't bash authorityv to bash authority, but in your case yhou are supporting the fact that it is a minor infraction, well where you are from it may be, but in DC this law has been treated with prejudice. Now because the aleged perpetrator is a celebrity the police are dragging their feet.

I do hope that I never need to face you in court because you seem to think some are more equal than others. In addition you posted not knowing all tbe facts.

Lincoln's misquote of the Bibie is aprapo p. " It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Miller is a good reporter ( seems strange pairing those two words) if you read her prior articles you will see just how unjust your opinion is. I don't bash authorityv to bash authority, but in your case yhou are supporting the fact that it is a minor infraction, well where you are from it may be, but in DC this law has been treated with prejudice. Now because the aleged perpetrator is a celebrity the police are dragging their feet.

I do hope that I never need to face you in court because you seem to think some are more equal than others. In addition you posted not knowing all tbe facts.

Lincoln's misquote of the Bibie is aprapo p. " It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

blue falcon, I never defended Mr Gregory at anytime. In my previous statements I added from my experience in LE that Mr Gregory would probably not be charged with a crime. Some (OK most) didn't like my answer as in they (and it sound like you from your statements here) acted like I was defending him. I was not but I did try to articulate that it takes a lot more than a 10 second frame of video for most prosecutors to proceed with any type of charges etc. Which is why I posted the link on the story that no charges would be filed.

And as far as thinking some are more equal than others I believe everyone is equal no matter what economic, social or whatever class however it is not up to the individual Officers or Departments on wetehr a person is charged it is up to the Prosecutor. Officers just investigate and turn over the findings to the Prosecutor. If the Prosecutor dosen't charge them it's called Prosecutory Discretion which I also mentioned. Have I had issues with how the Prosecutor ruled in a few cases in my career? Yes both by their decision to prosecute for some BS and some where there was overwelming evidence of a crime and they choose not to, but at the end of the day I am not the Prosecutor.
    Just because I have a prediction someone will not be charged or will be charged does not mean I agree with it either.

Last edited:

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    blue falcon, I never defended Mr Gregory at anytime. In my previous statements I added from my experience in LE that Mr Gregory would probably not be charged with a crime. Some (OK most) didn't like my answer as in they (and it sound like you from your statements here) acted like I was defending him. I was not but I did try to articulate that it takes a lot more than a 10 second frame of video for most prosecutors to proceed with any type of charges etc. Which is why I posted the link on the story that no charges would be filed.

And as far as thinking some are more equal than others I believe everyone is equal no matter what economic, social or whatever class however it is not up to the individual Officers or Departments on wetehr a person is charged it is up to the Prosecutor. Officers just investigate and turn over the findings to the Prosecutor. If the Prosecutor dosen't charge them it's called Prosecutory Discretion which I also mentioned. Have I had issues with how the Prosecutor ruled in a few cases in my career? Yes both by their decision to prosecute for some BS and some where there was overwelming evidence of a crime and they choose not to, but at the end of the day I am not the Prosecutor.
    Just because I have a prediction someone will not be charged or will be charged does not mean I agree with it either.

I agree.. Way too many "elite" get off with nothing or a little slap on the wrist. Gregory wont be charged....but I'll bet he wont do it again..

Top Bottom