• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Looks like the gop has managed to **** off enough Paul supporters with their shenanigans at the convention that they're going to lose those votes and have many people actively working against their chosen candidates. Can't say it wasn't coming, tho. From the state level to the national the gop did nothing but shove them aside and change the rules to shut them out. The chickens will come home to roost.

http://youtu.be/tD0LlwN-xOg

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Hey I'm almost mad enough to vote for Obama just to spite the Republican establishment. Though, I don't think I could live with myself. So I will just vote for myself my dad or Ron Paul depending on the options. That's assuming I even vote at all.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Looks like the gop has managed to **** off enough Paul supporters with their shenanigans at the convention that they're going to lose those votes and have many people actively working against their chosen candidates. Can't say it wasn't coming, tho. From the state level to the national the gop did nothing but shove them aside and change the rules to shut them out. The chickens will come home to roost.

Surely this claim is nothing more than tinfoil hattery; there is no way the noble GOP would subvert its own rules, at any level, just to ensure the desired results.

I think there is enough documented here to call into question the integrity of party operatives around the country.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I can't support a liar and cheat... even setting aside romney's disastrous economic platform and hatred for firearms and free market health care, that is a deal breaker.

The good news is, all these old party hacks will be die of old age in the next decade.

Until we get people with morals and integrity at the top of the GOP, I can't condone or support it.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    It looks like they may have to learn the hard way that they don't own our votes. I would have thought that the 2006 and 2008 elections would have made that point with sufficient clarity, but it seems that they still don't get it.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    People are certainly free to support and vote for whomever they please, but I suspect that if sizable numbers of "Ron Paulites", after not showing sufficiently well, numbers-wise, in the various primaries and after having at least some of RPs agenda adopted by the Republican Party choose to work against the Republican Party nominee, many other folks - me included - will say: "sour grapes" and ask why they should pay any attention to such ideas in the future? It's not like the Democrats are going to adopt Paul's ideas and the Libertarian Party is still going to get about 5% of the popular vote come November.

So, yeah, by all means pi$$ on what RP accomplished working within the Republican Party and go elsewhere; see how well that works for you.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I have news for you sore losers...

The primaries are OVER. Obama couldn't be happier that RP has caused a rift in the party, and that you guys are taking stabs at Romney every single day. Your behavior is the same as an Obama supporter really. If only the Democrat Hillary supporters would've carried on so much hate towards Obama after the primaries, Obama may have lost, but no, at least those looney liberals had the sense to stick together and put their differences aside.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    People are certainly free to support and vote for whomever they please, but I suspect that if sizable numbers of "Ron Paulites", after not showing sufficiently well, numbers-wise, in the various primaries and after having at least some of RPs agenda adopted by the Republican Party choose to work against the Republican Party nominee, many other folks - me included - will say: "sour grapes" and ask why they should pay any attention to such ideas in the future? It's not like the Democrats are going to adopt Paul's ideas and the Libertarian Party is still going to get about 5% of the popular vote come November.

So, yeah, by all means pi$$ on what RP accomplished working within the Republican Party and go elsewhere; see how well that works for you.

Somehow, I think it'll be the GOP that suffers most from this. I'm feeling more and more confident that we'll have more than two major parties in the future. And if that entails defections from the GOP and alienation of young voters, the GOP will lose influence.

Assign blame where you will, but the fact of the matter is that many former Republicans are seeing that the party just doesn't represent them.

No hard feelings on either side.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

The primaries are OVER. Obama couldn't be happier that RP has caused a rift in the party, and that you guys are taking stabs at Romney every single day. Your behavior is the same as an Obama supporter really. If only the Democrat Hillary supporters would've carried on so much hate towards Obama after the primaries, Obama may have lost, but no, at least those looney liberals had the sense to stick together and put their differences aside.

Well by all means, let's just all throw our deeply held beliefs and principles by the wayside, and vote for the guy we don't like or want just to vote against the other guy we don't like or want.

:rolleyes:

It's called freedom. Get used to it. If Romney doesn't get enough votes to win, it's ROMNEY'S fault. Nobody else's.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

I wouldn't say that they had any sense to stick together. The issue is that there was no significant difference between the two candidates, making it very easy for them to unite without giving up anything in the process. By contrast, Ron Paul has little in common with those who are now the primary representatives of the GOP (who have more in common with the Dems than with Paul). Uniting here is much more like being forced to accept sitting at the kids' table and being given leftovers after dinner if there is anything left over.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Well by all means, let's just all throw our deeply held beliefs and principles by the wayside, and vote for the guy we don't like or want just to vote against the other guy we don't like or want.

:rolleyes:

It's called freedom. Get used to it. If Romney doesn't get enough votes to win, it's ROMNEY'S fault. Nobody else's.

Well said. Dissent is such an ugly thing, comrade.

Once libertarian-leaning Republicans leave the party for good, then the GOP won't need to worry about these pesks. The party will probably move further toward the progressives in order to recapture influence.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Well said. Dissent is such an ugly thing, comrade.

Once libertarian-leaning Republicans leave the party for good, then the GOP won't need to worry about these pesks. The party will probably move further toward the progressives in order to recapture influence.

Do you suppose they will merge with the Dems and therefore get out of the way completely?

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark

Pragmatism has gotten us into this crisis - it won't be pragmatism that gets us back out of it. This assumes, of course, that we can extricate ourselves from our prior bad decisions.

Top Bottom