• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • awilson82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    I would much rather vote Johnson and hope that the libertarians get enough of a percentage to gain support and I would do that IF potentially 2-3 supreme court justices werent going to be up for grabs. Since that is the case and as much as I dont want Romney picking them I REALLY dont want Obama picking them. I have to go with the lesser of two evils on this one. Now provided Romney wins and appoints the justices then I will vote Johnson or whoever they run in 2016.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    as much as I dont want Romney picking them I REALLY dont want Obama picking them

Romney's REAL stance on guns (aka, prior to POTUS bids) is enough for me to wholeheartedly believe that his SCOTUS picks will be just as bad as Obama's. You're really choosing between Strawberry+Vanilla or Vanilla+Strawberry. From my POV, we get to choose 4 more years of :poop: or a renewed potential for 8 more years of :poop:. As far as I can tell, the SCOTUS picks aren't a good reason to renew...

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    All I can say is I hope there are enough like-minded liberals who choose to vote Libertarian this time around. I don't care what percentage of the vote Johnson gets as long as Obama doesn't win.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I dunno. I joined INGO in 2010 and saw plenty of *****ing about GW Bush. I'm sure we'll ***** about Romney if he doesn't do everything we want him to do. Which he won't.

I bet you won't see Romney voters making threads like this when Romney does something similar. https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/general_political_discussion/232672-obama_sends_form_letters_to_families_of_dead_seals.html

2010, huh? So you didn't get to witness the INGO November, 2008 meltdown. You'll probably get to witness the 2012 meltdown though.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I bet you won't see Romney voters making threads like this when Romney does something similar. https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...s_form_letters_to_families_of_dead_seals.html

2010, huh? So you didn't get to witness the INGO November, 2008 meltdown. You'll probably get to witness the 2012 meltdown though.
    I went back the other day and read through a number of threads from that period. Seemed real familiar to me. The republicrat supporters are good at recycling, tho.

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    I bet you won't see Romney voters making threads like this when Romney does something similar. https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/general_political_discussion/232672-obama_sends_form_letters_to_families_of_dead_seals.html

You might well be surprised. I don't expect miracles from Romney, I do expect some significant results. I may not agree with what he does, but he'd better have a good reason that I at least understand for what he does. And if he and Ryan don't do much of anything then I will certainly be joining you third party guys next election. (just probably not Libertarian as I still have some serious issues with their policies). Is that fair enough?:)

awilson82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Romney's REAL stance on guns (aka, prior to POTUS bids) is enough for me to wholeheartedly believe that his SCOTUS picks will be just as bad as Obama's. You're really choosing between Strawberry+Vanilla or Vanilla+Strawberry. From my POV, we get to choose 4 more years of :poop: or a renewed potential for 8 more years of :poop:. As far as I can tell, the SCOTUS picks aren't a good reason to renew...

I agree he is not ideal but I think pressure from the public and his concern about a reelection bid will make him pick justices which wont offend.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I would much rather vote Johnson and hope that the libertarians get enough of a percentage to gain support and I would do that IF potentially 2-3 supreme court justices werent going to be up for grabs. Since that is the case and as much as I dont want Romney picking them I REALLY dont want Obama picking them. I have to go with the lesser of two evils on this one. Now provided Romney wins and appoints the justices then I will vote Johnson or whoever they run in 2016.
    Just like in the primary. It was already over when Indiana had its vote. So I voted for Ron Paul just to register my displeasure with the party and the choices that I had. If it had still been a contested matter, I may have had to look at it differently.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI

If you dig deeper and have friends or family that live in MA, you may come to find Romney is not as bad as you first thought on 2A issues. My family lived there at one time. I hate all things Kennedy. I have friends in MA and I thought the same way you did. I even stockpiled hundreds of MA and NY legal pre-ban mags for my friends and family who still live there.

These days I am more comfortable with Romney but can you ever be truly relaxed in today's political environment?

Irradiated poop is still poop but given the choice I will go with irradiated over coming fresh from the Cow's butt.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Is that what it is called? :rockwoot:

I am still pissed at George Bush Sr. but INGO was not around for that. Don't get me started on Carter and the Metric system

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Is that what it is called? :rockwoot:

I am still pissed at George Bush Sr. but INGO was not around for that. Don't get me started on Carter and the Metric system
    I was cursing Carter this week, as I was putting a tool cabinet together and needed my metric sockets for it.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I was cursing Carter this week, as I was putting a tool cabinet together and needed my metric sockets for it.
    I am sending this to my GF in an email right now.

Now, in her defense, I have found most Hippies are truly gun loving Libertarians. Show them some attitude and some AR's and they sign right up. Kind of like Susana Martinez saying to her Husband "Damn, we are Republicans."

We met over our love for good science and of course she loves the metric system AND Carter. I have learned to live with it, it is our only true difference. Hell, Obama has made me find a new appreciation for Carter.

Top Bottom