SWAT Team invades home and kills dog for a joint.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    This thread is a combination of the "War on Drugs" thread and the "No-Knock Warrants" thread...

The video shows a SWAT Team serving a search warrant because of "suspicion of drug charges and child endangerment"

Upon entry to the home the SWAT team shoots BOTH of the family's dogs.
    "Police discovered a grinder, a pipe and a small amount of marijuana"

Read the article from the Columbia Tribune...
    Family questions SWAT drug search that led to dog’s death | The Columbia Daily Tribune - Columbia, Missouri

UPDATE : May 7th 2010
    Chief: Warrant info too old | The Columbia Daily Tribune - Columbia, Missouri

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbwSwvUaRqc&feature=related"]YouTube - Columbia Mo SWAT Raid 2/11/2010. Cops Shoot Pets With Children Present[/ame]

I find it very funny that he was arrested on child endangerment charges. Which would you consider more endangering...An adult man smoking a joint after work; or a SWAT team busting down your door and shooting your dogs in front of you???

Last edited:

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    As a dog lover all i can say is WOW! As someone that trains soldier's for combat all i can say is WOW! I'm not a lawyer but i believe this video may be these officer's downfall. FULL OF FAIL!

Redemption

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Many bad things would have happened if that had been my house and family pets.

This type of thing is what will happen when the house to house gun searches start.
    One more reason to hate cops.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I might not side with the police if they had not "discovered a grinder, a pipe and a small amount of marijuana." But since they did discover that stuff, go go police, getting a little bit of drugs off the street is better than getting none at all.

sporty_live

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I might not side with the police if they had not "discovered a grinder, a pipe and a small amount of marijuana." But since they did discover that stuff, go go police, getting a little bit of drugs off the street is better than getting none at all.

So you are justifying this action for what amounts to a misdemeanor? With that rationale they could do the exact same thing for traffic violations. You are nuts..

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Yeah, and the idiot ISP motonazis are justified in running into traffic on I-65 to stop a car, all the while ignoring all the cars slamming on their brakes to avoid a collision, because the low life scum speeder was doing 59 in a 55. Stupid is as stupid does.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    So you are justifying this action for what amounts to a misdemeanor? With that rationale they could do the exact same thing for traffic violations. You are nuts..

easy solution to that one, don't violate traffic laws. Sorry but I have no pity for those who break the law.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I don't know where to begin...:xmad::n00b:

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    The video shows a SWAT Team issuing a search warrant because of "suspicion of drug charges and child endangerment"

SWAT teams don't issue the warrants, they serve them. Warrants are issued by judges after hearing evidence presented by police as to why they want the warrant issued. Whatever the evidence was that was presented to the judge in the application for this warrant was deemed sufficient enough to issue the warrant. Don't take this next statement as defending the officers in this video because I am not: Sometimes after a warrant is issued evidence is moved/consumed/destroyed/etc and little or nothing is found during the serving of the warrant.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    SWAT teams don't issue the warrants, they serve them. Warrants are issued by judges after hearing evidence presented by police as to why they want the warrant issued. Whatever the evidence was that was presented to the judge in the application for this warrant was deemed sufficient enough to issue the warrant. Don't take this next statement as defending the officers in this video because I am not: Sometimes after a warrant is issued evidence is moved/consumed/destroyed/etc and little or nothing is found during the serving of the warrant.

Sounds like thats what the police in this town are saying. He moved the drugs after the warrant was issued-8 days earlier.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    damn right a model citizen. but even i know there are times when laws need to be broken, ie when trying to get someone who is dying to the hospital. but smoking pot is not one of them. so you guys exercise your right to dislike the police choices, and I will continue to exercise my right to back up what they did.

"Oh my, a true model citizen(ie, sheep)" you talk about sheep, forgive me for not playing into the corruption of good values like the liberals.

And no I am not a LEO.

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN

Thanks for the lesson. Fixed it for you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Redhood
    Top Bottom