SWAT Team invades home and kills dog for a joint.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    so a minimal amount of weed equals the doughnut boys coming in with guns blazing and really endangering people? yea i guess that joint could have jumped up and went ninja and killed everybody faster than those rounds the armed invaders were firing. good thinking einstein im with you brother lets put an end to jujitsu joints.

we are not brothers, you think its ok to do some illegal things.

You are the part of the problem, not the solution.

Son of Liberty

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    The swat was the effect of the fathers illegal drug use so I would say the father did.

With out the illegal drug use swat would of not been there.

So if a swat member shot one of the kids, would you say, "oh well, Dad, you shouldn't have had that joint, and we wouldn't have shot your child"

Like before Indy, you show that in your eyes, cops can never be wrong or make mistakes.

Maybe they should have done some real police work and investagated to see if the informant was giving the correct information. If this guy was such a big time dealer, it wouldn't have been hard to follow him durning his routine, to confirm his level of dealing if any.

Instead they went off of hearsay, you see if you need swat to serve a warrant to a drug dealer than obiviously, your information leads you to believe the cede person is a big fish, or at least pushing real weight. And I know from experience that the big fish have something more than a J and grinder laying around.

Son of Liberty

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    we are not brothers, you think its ok to do some illegal things.

You are the part of the problem, not the solution.

Smoking pot is not causing the problems, society acceptance of a military style police force is. I really believe you favor a dictatorship where you can be told what to do instead of your god given freedom. Btw there are a lot of stupid and crazy laws out there still on the books you might be breaking everyday and not know it.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    So if a swat member shot one of the kids, would you say, "oh well, Dad, you shouldn't have had that joint, and we wouldn't have shot your child"

No I would of said that the kid should not of attacked the police like the dog did.

Were not talking about a warrant that was served to the wrong house. We are talking about a past felon who by all probability was back to selling dope again.

My who theory on life is, personal responsibility and being an asset to society.

If you do those two things and the cops are messing with you, I will stand next to you shoulder to shoulder.

If you want to raise your kids in a house that you use drugs in, then I hope you get arrested and taken out of the pic before the kid is old enough to figure out what a failure his/her dad is in life. I will be the guy in the Big Brother program that spends time with them every two weeks.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Smoking pot is not causing the problems, society acceptance of a military style police force is. I really believe you favor a dictatorship where you can be told what to do instead of your god given freedom. Btw there are a lot of stupid and crazy laws out there still on the books you might be breaking everyday and not know it.

Take another hit, because that makes no sense.

God didnt give you freedom, the constitution of the United States does.

I would like to go back to the day when the police had two choices, night stick or gun.

no more of this sissy stun gun.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    No I would of said that the kid should not of attacked the police like the dog did.

Were not talking about a warrant that was served to the wrong house. We are talking about a past felon who by all probability was back to selling dope again.

My who theory on life is, personal responsibility and being an asset to society.

If you do those two things and the cops are messing with you, I will stand next to you shoulder to shoulder.

If you want to raise your kids in a house that you use drugs in, then I hope you get arrested and taken out of the pic before the kid is old enough to figure out what a failure his/her dad is in life. I will be the guy in the Big Brother program that spends time with them every two weeks.

What if their dad sells prescription drugs? What if they sell firearms or automobiles or anything that kills and harms more people than "less than a single joint." Should all of their children be taken away too?

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    What if their dad sells prescription drugs? What if they sell firearms or automobiles or anything that kills and harms more people than "less than a single joint." Should all of their children be taken away too?

its-a-trap.jpg

:D

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    BTW if you guys noticed I believe there is a shot as soon as the door is breached then the other dog starts to bark. The one still barking is definately a pit and not a corgi, so they shot the corgi when they entered.:dunno: At least thats how i take it.

Son of Liberty

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Take another hit, because that makes no sense.

I would like to go back to the day when the police had two choices, night stick or gun.

no more of this sissy stun gun.

So if there were no countries and we were just people roaming the land, would you be free? I believe you would, and yet there would be no constitution to say that you are free, so that only leaves God.

Yeah it's all good until it's you.

So what they did was to be lazy, instead of doing real police work, they said, "well we know he served time for supposedly dealing and we have some hearsay to go with it, so lets kick in the door, screw following up on leads and seeing if it's even true.

Theres one problem with your thought process and theirs, were are the drugs, guns and money, that warranted that level of force and aggression?? Like I said I know the people moving that kind of weight have a lot of at least one of those three things on the list lying around.

Yet the military force that raided the house found, a fine worth of stuff.
    Hmmmmmm, no matter how you look at it, that math equation makes no sense.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    BTW if you guys noticed I believe there is a shot as soon as the door is breached then the other dog starts to bark. The one still barking is definately a pit and not a corgi, so they shot the corgi when they entered.:dunno: At least thats how i take it.

If you dig deeper into the news articles the corgi was shot in the paw, the report says it was a shot that missed the pit.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    So what they did was to be lazy, instead of doing real police work, they said, "well we know he served time for supposedly dealing and we have some hearsay to go with it, so lets kick in the door, screw following up on leads and seeing if it's even true.

You pulling all that out of your posterior.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The validity of the warrant is not based upon what was found after it was served. A judge would likely not sign a search warrant for a joint, nor would a police officer go through the hassle of obtaining a search warrant for a joint. The evidence indicated that there was likely to be a larger quantity of illegal substances inside of the residence. Waiting 8 days is not only a bad decision, it is not allowed here in Marion County (not sure if that applies to the entire state). This is the information that the judge used to determine that a search warrant was permissable:

"Information provided by an informant led investigators to believe Whitworth was in possession of a large amount of marijuana and was considered a distributor. In 2003, Whitworth pleaded guilty to conspiracy to distribute cocaine and marijuana in federal court and was ordered to serve 15 months in federal prison, according to court documents."

Before someone jumps in with it, an "informant" is not just someone who calls the police up randomly and says "so and so has 50lbs of marijuana in his house". For information from an informant to be considered sufficient for a warrant that person must have demonstrated a pattern of providing information to the police which turned out to be truthful and resulted in or contributed to the success of prior investigations. An anonymous phone call doesn't get it done, far from it.

I'm not a fan of shooting dogs, I hate it actually but just like in the non police officer world, some have a greater fear of them then others. I have been charged by several and have never felt threatened enough to shoot one but I am a dog lover and have four currently. Some police officers are not dog people and therefore have a greater fear of them. I feel that I can quickly determine a dog's intent when I see one. There is a difference between charging intent on attacking and charging because it is frightened and doesn't know where to go. Unfortunately some officers can not do this and won't give the dog the benefit of the doubt.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    If you dig deeper into the news articles the corgi was shot in the paw, the report says it was a shot that missed the pit.

I stand corrected. I still didnt hear any barking till the shot. Don't get me wrong if it was trying to "defend its home" and save the drug dealing family by attacking the officers then.......

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010

It appears you failed natural law 101.

The Constitution of the United States, unamended, didn't include any substantive rights protection at all. And when the framers were debating adding a bill of rights, they feared doing so because they feared precisely what you think--that society would come to assume that ONLY the codified rights mattered, and that government would be free to intervene in the lives of individuals in any manner other than those specifically prohibited. Put another way, they didn't think there'd be any reason for a Bill of Rights, because they didn't believe the government would have any power other than those which were given to it specifically in the Constitution, and that including a Bill of Rights might give the false impression that government had power that was never granted to it.

Rights do not come from government. They pre-date government and are based on the natural rights of every human being.

Government cannot grant me any freedom. Freedom is a negative--a lack of restraint. Nobody can grant you a lack of something.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    It appears you failed natural law 101.

The Constitution of the United States, unamended, didn't include any substantive rights protection at all. And when the framers were debating adding a bill of rights, they feared doing so because they feared precisely what you think--that society would come to assume that ONLY the codified rights mattered, and that government would be free to intervene in the lives of individuals in any manner other than those specifically prohibited. Put another way, they didn't think there'd be any reason for a Bill of Rights, because they didn't believe the government would have any power other than those which were given to it specifically in the Constitution, and that including a Bill of Rights might give the false impression that government had power that was never granted to it.

Rights do not come from government. They pre-date government and are based on the natural rights of every human being.

Government cannot grant me any freedom. Freedom is a negative--a lack of restraint. Nobody can grant you a lack of something.

\\:popcorn: Im listening.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom