SWAT Team invades home and kills dog for a joint.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    damn right a model citizen. but even i know there are times when laws need to be broken, ie when trying to get someone who is dying to the hospital. but smoking pot is not one of them. so you guys exercise your right to dislike the police choices, and I will continue to exercise my right to back up what they did.

"Oh my, a true model citizen(ie, sheep)" you talk about sheep, forgive me for not playing into the corruption of good values like the liberals.

It's not about the guy breaking the law, he definately deserves his punishment. It's about how the raid was handled. Watch and listen to the video again.

Im the first to support the LEO, they rarely get the support they deserve. The only time you hear about them is when the "bad egg" does something wrong. The definately deserve as much if not more respect as the military.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    damn right a model citizen. but even i know there are times when laws need to be broken, ie when trying to get someone who is dying to the hospital. but smoking pot is not one of them. so you guys exercise your right to dislike the police choices, and I will continue to exercise my right to back up what they did.

"Oh my, a true model citizen(ie, sheep)" you talk about sheep, forgive me for not playing into the corruption of good values like the liberals.

And no I am not a LEO.

the government has no right to tell anyone that they cannot smoke marijuana, especially considering it is literally everywhere.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    My rage is about at its peak right now. After dealing with 17-18 pages of a marijuana thread and then to see the lengths tyrants will go to to steal a pipe and a little bit of marijuana, it's sickening. I'm ashamed to have those cops represent my country. The home owner should have defended his family (dogs included). We're at the point where we can either be obedient to tyranny or we can show these tyrants what we think of all of their controls.

I might not side with the police if they had not "discovered a grinder, a pipe and a small amount of marijuana." But since they did discover that stuff, go go police, getting a little bit of drugs off the street is better than getting none at all.

Why do people like you hang around the United States, polluting it with your compliant, obedient, anti-freedom nature? Literally any other country in the world caters to your kind of thinking. "go go police"? Are you kidding me? They should "go go" to jail to rot and then be off on their trip to hell. It never ceases to amaze me the amount of hypocrisy there is in human beings. "getting a little bit of guns off the street is better than none at all". That's what you sort of people will be saying next. The government will never end their power trip. They will go above and beyond Nazi Germany and Imperial England and with supporters like you, it's no wonder.

They regulate what we can say, what we can hear, what we can watch, what we can read, what we can eat, what we can drink, what we can smoke, when we can drive, what job we can have, what we can defend ourselves with, if they allow us to defend ourselves, how much money we can make, which of us can drive, fly, or use our roads, where we can go.

Now they can break into our houses and murder our family while we cry and they laugh about it. They can confiscate our means of self defense, even if they had the wrong person, but they won't return us our self defense, because they already destroyed it. They rig elections and pay each other off. They bail out their friends who in turn make sure they get re-elected. They have taken a **** on the ideals of the Declaration of Independence and they've used our Constitution to wipe their ***.

easy solution to that one, don't violate traffic laws. Sorry but I have no pity for those who break the law.

When everything is against "the law" how do you go about not violating it? That's where we're heading.

ReSSurrected

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    Bloomington
    damn right a model citizen. but even i know there are times when laws need to be broken, ie

Really? Guess what there smarty pants, YOU don't get to decide what laws "need" to be broken, OR where! These laws have been voted on by your elected officials, and there are no exemptions or exceptions. The LAW is the LAW, right Mr. Model Citizen? So, by YOUR logic, if you've got your dying mother loaded up in the car along with your dog going 80 in a 45 trying to get to the hospital before she croaks, and ISP felony stops you and kills your dog, you're going to be fine with that and have no complaints, eh? You're going to be standing there at the car wash trying to wash rover's blood out of the seats thinking to yourself, "Yep, can't really say much, I guess I had it coming...."

You high and mighties really make a normal human want to puke.

And for the record, no, I don't use drugs, nor condone it. HOWEVER, one doesn't need to be completely blind to see that this guy could have VERY easily been taken down in his vehicle, out of sight of the home, and then the search warrant could have been executed..... PEACEFULLY.

ReSS

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    My rage is about at its peak right now. After dealing with 17-18 pages of a marijuana thread and then to see the lengths tyrants will go to to steal a pipe and a little bit of marijuana, it's sickening. I'm ashamed to have those cops represent my country. The home owner should have defended his family (dogs included). We're at the point where we can either be obedient to tyranny or we can show these tyrants what we think of all of their controls.

Why do people like you hang around the United States, polluting it with your compliant, obedient, anti-freedom nature? Literally any other country in the world caters to your kind of thinking. "go go police"? Are you kidding me? They should "go go" to jail to rot and then be off on their trip to hell. It never ceases to amaze me the amount of hypocrisy there is in human beings. "getting a little bit of guns off the street is better than none at all". That's what you sort of people will be saying next. The government will never end their power trip. They will go above and beyond Nazi Germany and Imperial England and with supporters like you, it's no wonder.

They regulate what we can say, what we can hear, what we can watch, what we can read, what we can eat, what we can drink, what we can smoke, when we can drive, what job we can have, what we can defend ourselves with, if they allow us to defend ourselves, how much money we can make, which of us can drive, fly, or use our roads, where we can go.

Now they can break into our houses and murder our family while we cry and they laugh about it. They can confiscate our means of self defense, even if they had the wrong person, but they won't return us our self defense, because they already destroyed it. They rig elections and pay each other off. They bail out their friends who in turn make sure they get re-elected. They have taken a **** on the ideals of the Declaration of Independence and they've used our Constitution to wipe their ***.

When everything is against "the law" how do you go about not violating it? That's where we're heading.

exactly. some things are for our own good.

i am a firm beleiver that THINGS WILL NEVER CHANGE.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    I didnt watch the video. But were the Dogs being good dogs and trying to defend the home & family or was this just a case of trigger happy?

Either way, no warrants and this spells out big problems for that department, if the family can provide a case.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    I wouldn't (I hope) be going after the police officers involved. They did what they were told and trained to do. The city employing them, along with the court system issuing a warrant calling for that level of entry? I would do everything I could to sue that city back into the stone age. Oh, there would be a reckoning...

A misdemeanor violation of any kind does not warrant that sort of violence and potential for injury for citizen voters or citizen LEOs. Someone, other than the family pet, could have easily been seriously injured or killed. (See dynamic entry thread.) When lives are at risk? Absolutely. Let's be real honest here though guys... child endangerment? I'll tell you this. That house was a lot cleaner and more organized than some I've seen here in INGO photos. I've been in the home of several INGO members. Most were thoughtful and "had their **** together." One of them? I was tempted to call Child and Family Svcs myself.

I am what most folks would refer to as a LEO supporter. That includes most public servants that put themselves at risk for the common good, whether it is military, rescue/fire, police, etc.. It is up to society to provide the guidelines though. Someone with a joint in the house should be aware of misdemeanor prosecution but shouldn't expect that level of response. A guy with fireworks in a jurisdiction that doesn't allow them should expect prosecution but not to be beaten/tazed and lose his job.

Me, driving home after work, sober with NO other vehicle on the road in sight, shouldn't expect to pay $260 for failure-to-use-a-turn-signal when viewed by an officer on a side street with their lights off... who then didn't use his signal when he left and turned. (Yeah, I'm still steaming about that one. I phone-filmed two more IMPD officer's not using their turn signals in the 24 hour period after that then gave up on my little vendetta.)

Reasonable response one can expect. Out-of-proportion responses leave folks bitter, angry and alienated.

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    I guess its a good thing the kid wasnt running down the hall, there was no need to shoot those dogs. I dont completely agree with PETA but I hope they do see this video. Im glad the tax dollars were hard at work for a joint!

easy solution to that one, don't violate traffic laws. Sorry but I have no pity for those who break the law.

Question for ya? Ever been to Florida?

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    MondayMorningQBs.jpg

Do we know any facts or are we just guessing from the video?

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Reasonable response one can expect. Out-of-proportion responses leave folks bitter, angry and alienated.
    I have nothing but respect for the officers in my town (Clarksville) they don't go out of the way to ruin somebodies day just because they can. Over the last 44 years, I have had the need to call the cops maybe a half dozen times, and they have gotten to the scene within a minute or so each time, and acted professionally when they were there. I totally see, and agree with you, in your post. I also have noticed/seen/realized in the last 10 to 15 years, that some agencies are turning up the heat, and have a general disdain for all of us "regular" citizens, and this is 99% of what everybody else sees also. Every thing runs in cycles, and I see this cycle of cops/judge/jury/executioner going back the other way in the very near future. Just look at the seat belt law commercials running on tv now, they went from saying "please buckle up" a few years ago, to saying "okay, we're tired of telling you people, BUCKLE UP OR ELSE". Pathetic. And people are getting real tired of it.

sporty_live

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Sounds like thats what the police in this town are saying. He moved the drugs after the warrant was issued-8 days earlier.

If it takes 8 days from the warrant being issued before the raid could take place, they had ample time to prepare for taking him into custody outside of the home. It isnt like the home was full of 10 gun toting badasses. Im sure they had it staked out and knew that only three people that were in there.

As mentioned in another post, that house was not in bad condition at all. I am willing to put money on the table and bet that the Child Endangerment charge came in off of the illegal drug in the house.

Now, can any reasonable person view SWAT knocking in a door and firing off, what, 5? 6? shots TO KILL A DOG as NOT CHILD ENDANGERMENT??? Who put that child in more danger? Did they know where the child was when they discharged?

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Who put that child in more danger? Did they know where the child was when they discharged?

The swat was the effect of the fathers illegal drug use so I would say the father did.

With out the illegal drug use swat would of not been there.

sporty_live

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    Brownsburg
    damn right a model citizen. but even i know there are times when laws need to be broken, ie when trying to get someone who is dying to the hospital

Wow, so who determines which laws are ok to break? Taking a dying person to the hospital, ok to speed? Check. What about someone who has lost a limb and they would like it re-attached if possible? Does that qualify?

And I suppose you have always come to a complete stop at a sign and never go beyone 1 mile above the limit. Im guessing the first time you get a ticket for either you wont be so high and mighty for something so frivolous.

And I had no doubt that you arent a LEO. They, for the most part, have common sense.

You, sir, are not a model citizen in any sense of the word but are merely an automaton. Continue to follow, do as your told, and don't question anything. Your government is working hard to protect you.

Last edited:

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    The swat was the effect of the fathers illegal drug use so I would say the father did.

Maybe it was the guns?

Without the guns the bullets couldn't have been fired. We should ban guns.

sporty_live

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    Brownsburg

So you are saying SWAT is justified in knocking down doors to bust anyone for a misdemeanor amount of pot without intent to distribute? Sorry, I dont see it that way.

This does bring to mind one thing I would like to ask. This isnt to be a smartass, just trying to open up the debate.

What if this weren't for pot but was for a prescription drug? Maybe some Vicodin that you had for a surgery a year ago and didnt use completely? Instead of throwing it out, you decide to hold onto it "just in case" you might need it later on and not want to make a trip to the doctor. I have heard numerous people talk about old pills they still have. This is ILLEGAL. Should everybody have SWAT knocking down their doors for this?

Last edited:

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009

so a minimal amount of weed equals the doughnut boys coming in with guns blazing and really endangering people? yea i guess that joint could have jumped up and went ninja and killed everybody faster than those rounds the armed invaders were firing. good thinking einstein im with you brother lets put an end to jujitsu joints.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    So you are saying SWAT is justified in knocking down doors to bust anyone for a misdemeanor amount of pot without intent to distribute? Sorry, I dont see it that way.

This does bring to mind one thing I would like to ask. This isnt to be a smartass, just trying to open up the debate.

What if this weren't for pot but was for a prescription drug? Maybe some Vicodin that you had for a surgery a year ago and didnt use completely? Instead of throwing it out, you decide to hold onto it "just in case" you might need it later on and not want to make a trip to the doctor. I have heard numerous people talk about old pills they still have. This is ILLEGAL. Should everybody have SWAT knocking down their doors for this?

so a minimal amount of weed equals the doughnut boys coming in with guns blazing and really endangering people? yea i guess that joint could have jumped up and went ninja and killed everybody faster than those rounds the armed invaders were firing. good thinking einstein im with you brother lets put an end to jujitsu joints.

The officers were doing the job that the Judge had Ok'd

The real lesson is, listen closely I will type it slowly for you two.

If you want to play grown up games and do illegal things, be prepared to win the prize that comes with it.

Ta da.....in this case, it is that simple.

I wonder why no civil case was brought against the police.:rolleyes:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom