• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bmoan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 30, 2015
    Bloomington
    I literally shot one a friend brought to the range last weekend, the only problem I see is he took the time to look at the thing before depositing in his new high point safe

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    No respectable burglar is going to rummage through your trash looking for your stash gun. What a neat idea, and waaay cheaper than a wall safe in the kitchen!

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I expected as much.
    I USED to visit a LGS on a regular basis until the owner started singing the praises of HighPoints. He was really talking them up.
    Oh well, there's plenty of good LGS around.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    There's plenty not to like about Hi-Points, but they seem to work reliably when broken in.

And, for something around $149 I get tempted by them just for something different to shoot. Holding out for a M&P, Glock, CZ or maybe a Canik or Tangfolio.....Christmas, Christmas time is near. Gotta buy something I do fear...

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Because there is a legitimate place for a low-priced gun in the market. Not everyone can afford $400-600 for a higher quality/reputation gun. Most of it's competitors at that price point are true junk that are limited to lower calibers, are *far* less reliable, and do not have the same warranty as Hi-Points. If you can afford better, then consider yourself blessed. Not everyone can, but even the poor have the right to defend themselves.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Because there is a legitimate place for a low-priced gun in the market. Not everyone can afford $400-600 for a higher quality/reputation gun. Most of it's competitors at that price point are true junk that are limited to lower calibers, are *far* less reliable, and do not have the same warranty as Hi-Points. If you can afford better, then consider yourself blessed. Not everyone can, but even the poor have the right to defend themselves.

I consider myself fortunate that I don't have to depend on a cheapazz thing to defend myself with.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Why do people keep defending this crap?

Defending the video, or the guns themselves?

I have no issue with Hi-Points. I have one of the carbines and I like it a lot.

I wouldn't personally carry one of their pistols as an EDC just because they are butt ugly, but I wouldn't think twice about burying one in a coffee can as part of a cache somewhere.

flintlock9

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2013
    Indy
    There are so many other possibilities, door stop, paper weight, wheel chock, hammer, ect. I really think the options for it are limitless, as long as one of them isn't to actually fire a bullet!

Top Bottom