• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Because there is a legitimate place for a low-priced gun in the market. Not everyone can afford $400-600 for a higher quality/reputation gun. Most of it's competitors at that price point are true junk that are limited to lower calibers, are *far* less reliable, and do not have the same warranty as Hi-Points. If you can afford better, then consider yourself blessed. Not everyone can, but even the poor have the right to defend themselves.

Absolutely, having inexpensive firearms available is paramount in our society.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    But only if the "inexpensive firearms" actually functions.

The Company's that have made inexpensive firearms that don't work, tend to go out of business within a few years. The firearms business is a self cleaning oven.

Davis= bankrupt
    Jennings / Glenco = bankrupt
    Sterling ( American Company ) = bankrupt. And there's plenty more.
    They produced junk and went out of business.

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    There's plenty not to like about Hi-Points, but they seem to work reliably when broken in.

If you only have $150 to spend on a gun, you don't have enough money to afford to break one in.

I prefer heavy working components of my firearms to be made of steel, not zinc...

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    If you only have $150 to spend on a gun, you don't have enough money to afford to break one in.
    It costs $20-40 (100-200 rds) to break in a C-9 Hi-Point. Seems like practice time well spent.

I prefer heavy working components of my firearms to be made of steel, not zinc...
    Makes sense. If you have the money for better, then go with better.

sensor5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2012
    I have a Hi-Point 45 that I took in on a partial trade last year. It's not pretty, but I have fired well over 500 rounds through it with no problem. I would never carry it and it stays in my tackle box in my boat.

I fully stripped the handgun when I first traded for it, and despite the cheaply manufactured polymar frame, the slide and internals seem robust.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    32644851.jpg

flintlock9

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2013
    Indy
    Have you ever fired one?

Yep my friend has one that is currently taking up space in my safe. It felt like it would fall apart as soon as i fired the first round. I understand they are built to a price point, and that will make a difference in the quality of the gun. But for the money Id rather pay a little more for a keltec p3at.

Top Bottom