#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Sorry, I did not grow up in Indiana.
    I tried the faq, but didn't find it.

How old must one be to own a long gun in Indiana?

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    :eek: I did the exact same search and I guess glossed right over it with all the handgun results.
    thanks
    sorry for being a dumbass... at least it wasn't found in the FAQ lol

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    :eek: I did the exact same search and I guess glossed right over it with all the handgun results.
    thanks
    sorry for being a dumbass... at least it wasn't found in the FAQ lol
    No need to apologize, I wasn't busting your balls. Just letting you know where I found it and how so you can replicate such procedures in the future if needed :D.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    My son (10) got his first 10/22 this year. But I just wasn't sure of the legality of it all... The reason I asked is, I am tempted to give him an ar while he's still allowed to own one.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    My son (10) got his first 10/22 this year. But I just wasn't sure of the legality of it all... The reason I asked is, I am tempted to give him an ar while he's still allowed to own one.
    You could give him an AR if you want as near as I understand the law. There would be no documentation of this either way unless you wanted to write something up so no way to prove when you gave it to him (i.e. if a ban on transfers does come into effect).

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    Do not get too caught up in the word "own". There is no firearm registration in Indiana. If you want to give him an AR have at it. Of course with that being said he should not go walking down the street with it to show off to his friends.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Do not get too caught up in the word "own". There is no firearm registration in Indiana. If you want to give him an AR have at it. Of course with that being said he should not go walking down the street with it to show off to his friends.

Well, my goal would be to insure he has one later, when he's my age. The focus is not really on him carrying it around or shooting it now. He can own whatever he wants... but he still has to live by my rules until he's out of the house eh? ;)

My impression is that you can purchase it as a gift for someone (whom can legally own it)
    This doesn't apply in my situation because I already have had the rifle for some time now.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Slihtly related, but how can you buy a gun as a gift without violating the first question on the form certifying you are the recipient?
    Is the person you are purchasing the firearm for legally able to own said firearm? If so, it is not a violation.

Is the person you are purchasing the firearm for not legally able to own said firearm? If so, it is a violation.

An example of the first would be a gift for your clean record grandfather.

An example of the second would be purchasing it for your grandfather, who has a felony.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I do not believe it is a straw sale if it is going to family. For example my wife can buy a gun for me as a gift. With no registration in Indiana it really makes no difference though. Since you already own it then it's even better. If there is a ban then all cards are off the table. I would worry about that when or if it happens. You could always draw something up saying your son owns it, date the paper and have it notorized. I would think that would cover the no new transfers in a ban situation. Beyond that I would not worry about it.

Top Bottom