Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: SHTF Clothing

SHTF Clothing

What type of clothing/vests/gear/etc do you guys stock up on for SHTF? I've started buying some classic Woodland BDU's. I'd also like to get some in just Black. I've bought a couple MOLLE accessories and will build more once I get a vest. I figure the Woodland would be good for use...well....in the woods and I would use the Black if I had to go to any populated towns/cities. I also have a crapload of sweaters and cold weather clothing put away as well.
    "Negative, Ghost-Rider....pattern is full."

Grandmaster
    You might wanna be careful wearing BDU's during SHTF. Might draw to much attention to yourself in populated areas especially if there is a military presence.
    Last edited by rmabrey; 01-15-2010 at 02:02. Reason: Forgot to add: I bought a few scabbards to easily carry rifles, BDU's, and some MOLLE gear

I just use street clothing, keeps a low profile while everyone else stand out in their latest tacti-cool gear.
    I believe in NO COMPROMISE GUN OWNERSHIP!!

Pack away all the stuff that still fits but you don't wear. No one will care what you look like after the SHTF!
    You know how to get to Carnegie Hall don'tcha?...Practice.

Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by rmabrey View Post
    You might wanna be careful wearing BDU's during SHTF. Might draw to much attention to yourself in populated areas especially if there is a military presence.
    While I agree with this.

There are a few people that could pull off the BDU's thing. But you have to play the part. You have to look like "one bad dude" with an army to back you up.

I would prefer to keep a low profile. You have to look like you have nothing to take but everything to fight for, so that a thug/thief has nothing to gain by mugging you.

Plinker
    what is SHTF, sorry new here

Quote Originally Posted by rtrouten View Post
    what is SHTF, sorry new here
    ***** hits the fan.

Me, I wear what I wear normally since it's all designed to be functional, comfortable, and durable.

When SHTF, I'm not planning on being around people. I'm not going to walk through the streets of Chicago in BDU's after a catastrophic event. I'm talking about holding up at your house and needing to go hunting or sneak around.
    "Negative, Ghost-Rider....pattern is full."

Expert
    I am also one that will dress to fit in and keep a low profile. Jeans, boots, T-shirt with cover shirt.

Marksman
    I'm talking about holding up at your house and needing to go hunting or sneak around.
    For sneaking around, definitely wear clothing that will camouflage you in your environment. That may mean woodland camo, or that may mean street clothes. If avoiding people is impossible, blend. If there are few people around and you are good at stalking/stealthy movements, then wear suitable camo.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast