• ...and so much more!
  • WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Guys,

I am teaching Tactical Response's Bug Out 101 class up here in Indiana, March 19-20. This class was a HUGE success when I taught it in December in TN. You can go to GOTX and read the AARs. They speak for themselves.

If you have been looking for an excuse to get out, push yourself, test your gear, learn survival skills and get trained up. This is your opportunity. This class is not your father's survival class. You will live in the woods living out of your BOB. Since it is a bug out class, we dicuss E&E considerations, to include a practical hands on with both PVS7s and thermal imagers. Its more than a 2 day, 16 hour course. There is no going home at night, or checking into a hotel. You're in for the duration, regardless of the weather. Are you up to it?

I only need a couple, three, maybe four people to do this class. I want to keep it small and exclusive, so we can tailor the content to the needs of the group.

Here is a course description and registration info. It is not on the schedule, but it will be.

Tactical Response

Let me know if you are seriously interested in taking this course, or hit me with any questions you may have.

Russ

Last edited:

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    Gun Show weekend, that makes two different classes I can't do in March. I'm just not meant to do training classes...

This guy knows his stuff, and whoever does take this will learn a lot. Wetsu is a jedi...

troy_mp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Wetsu, et al:

I'm in and will be registering for the class as soon as its posted per your link above at Tactical Response. Thanks so much for taking the initiative to put this valuable mindset and these inestimable skills on offer.

I'm trusting to the collective attentiveness that should be present among all appropriately mindful INGO-ers when I offer that for all of us ... a word to the wise should be sufficient as to the importance and value of this opportunity. That is, to be prepared is one of the best services/greatest virtues any of us can be expected to render to ourselves, family, friends and communities.

To paraphrase Jeff Cooper in his seminal "Principles of Personal Defense" ... 'Owning a firearm no more makes you a skilled shooter than owning a piano makes you a pianist.' Similarly, owning some camping gear or bugout bag and casually using them doesn't make you skilled at those crafts any more than owning a piano makes you a pianist. Only recent/relevant/realistic instruction, dedication and practice confer competence and mastery ... in anything.

Here's looking forward to seeing each of us out there. :ingo:

With warm regard and all good wishes,

Troy

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I'll post something up for folks to discuss. 72 hours is the unofficial rule of thumb. But both thumbs and rules are made to be broken. There are many ways to skin that cat so I'll start up another thread.

Also, in this class, we discuss IN DEPTH how a BOB is built and what is carried in it. We dump out contents and go over each item as needed. It is facinating for the students to see what others have included or excluded and why.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Two weeks to go until this class kicks off. There are still spots. The weather in March should be perfect for this class. A chance to test your gear, test your plan and test yourself.

Contact me if you have any questions.

Russ

Tinman

I'm just enjoying the show!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Man this sounds like a great class. Too bad it falls right in the middle between two I'm hosting and there's just no way I can move things off this weekend to make it happen.

Let me know if you're going to do it again sometime, and I'll try to make it happen.

Tinman....

Last edited:

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Is this a class that someone who has absolutely no previous experience in "bugging out" or living off the land can attend? I am pretty much clueless as how to survive outside of my comfort zone and don't want to look like a complete idiot going through this type of training.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Frank_N_Stein,

I have had people with zero experience take my Wilderness Survival Class. I have had people with zero experience and a physical disability take my class. My oldest student was 60+, my youngest was 9.

In the last Bug Out 101 class there were two LEOs. Its good material for cops. The officers who took this class seemed to view it as a basis of info and training for a post disaster, long term (multiple shift) deployment in their AO.

If you have no training in the woods, camping, land nav, wilderness 1st aid, water treatment, shelter construction and fire building, then you are the perfect student. You will leave my class Sunday with a solid understanding of all that, and the confidence to pull it off when you have to.

I hope to see you in the class!

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Bazooka Joe, yes, pretty much weekends only. That works for most people.

Now, if I had 5-10 people wanting to take a weekday class, I'd do it.

troy_mp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Parking/rendezvous point in Kil-So Quah, (i.e.), AO?

Russ, et al:

I'm very much looking forward to this upcoming class. In anticipation I picked up a 7.5 min. USGS/IN DNR topo. for the AO.

Looking at that map, and keeping in mind I'm just now educating myself about the details of reading a topo., it appears that there is a public access road branching off IN-224. That road appears to run due south and terminates in what is likely a parking area, (i.e.), all white per the topo's legend = flat. Presuming that's where you'd like us all to park/rendezvous, N/S/E/or W end?

If I'm wrong, where?

I know Tactical Response classes usually begin at 9:00 a.m. local time, if so would you like us all there and ready by 8:45 a.m. local time? If not, when?

My apologies if I've missed this info. someplace else.

With appreciation,

Troy

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Troy, you are tracking right. Class starts at 0900. Without looking at what you are seeing, yes, that is probably the place. Its the Kilsoqua boatramp and camping access road. We park back in the Youth camping lot and walk in.

I will get eyes on closer to the time. That area is subject to flooding and PACE planning dictates having a couple alternate locations.

Russ

Top Bottom