• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Ind. Code 35-47-9-1(2) allows any person employed or authorized by a school to act as a security guard to also carry a firearm on school property. That may include teachers or any other persons properly authorized by the school to possess a firearm. As our way of contributing to the effort to prevent another horrific tragedy like Sandy Hook Elementary School, TFT now makes the following offer: Any person who presents a valid Indiana License to Carry Handgun and a written authorization to carry a firearm on school property may take NRA Basic Pistol, Personal Protection Outside the Home and Comprehensive Indiana Gun Law at no charge. That is $850 in training for free.

Let's stop talking about protecting kids and start protecting kids.

Please repost this on every social media available to you. I also call on all of my fellow Indiana instructors to join this effort and make a similar offer.

Guy

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    Thats one Hell of an offer. I'd be interested in seeing how many people get to take you up on the offer. I imagine the permission in writing will be the biggest hurdle for school staff to attain the free training.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Thats one Hell of an offer. I'd be interested in seeing how many people get to take you up on the offer. I imagine the permission in writing will be the biggest hurdle for school staff to attain the free training.

I hope this will lead to the inverse: LTCH holders with Tactical Firearms Training certificates recognized by school corporations to carry there.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Linked on my fb. This is awesome, Guy!! TFT is definitely ahead of the curve and leading the crowd with this solution. I sincerely hope you get a bunch of folks that can take you up on the offer!!!

:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Do bear in mind that many of your local school systems have Facebook pages. Might not hurt to post it up there, where it might do some good. Or get you banned....

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.

I hope it goes well also. We have done this before and the demand was practically non existent. Unfortunately the problem doesn't seem to be lack of training but lack of will. Regardless, kudos to Guy and good luck.

Top Bottom