• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Shared on Facebook. I hope you get to give away a bunch of training, Guy.

I heard a guy in Texas interviewed that was offering to give Texas required CCW training to teachers over their Christmas break...the response was overwhelming.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Ind. Code 35-47-9-1(2) allows any person employed or authorized by a school to act as a security guard to also carry a firearm on school property. That may include teachers or any other persons properly authorized by the school to possess a firearm. As our way of contributing to the effort to prevent another horrific tragedy like Sandy Hook Elementary School, Tactical Firearms Training now makes the following offer: Any person who presents a valid Indiana License to Carry Handgun and a written authorization to carry a firearm on school property may take NRA Basic Pistol, Personal Protection Outside the Home and Comprehensive Indiana Gun Law at no charge. That is $850 in training free.

Let's stop talking about protecting kids and start protecting kids.

Tactical Firearms Training, LLC
    www.tactical-firearms.com
    www.facebook.com/TFT.Indy

(If you're going to repost the OP, I made a couple of changes to it that will be helpful. I put the url for TFT in the body. That will make it easier for those who don't know Guy to get in touch).

bcskypilot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Jan 22, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    With my wife being a teacher and all of my children in school I think it's a great idea.

I haven't been on Facebook in months but jumped on to post this. I also sent it to news friend of mine At Fox 59.

Thank you for making a difference!

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Liked and posted. I'll be sending the info to the teachers I know personally as well.

I'm a nobody, but also happy to help in any way I can. Maybe get coffee or something....

Stand-up thing to do, Guy!

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    This is all well and good, but as of right now the number of those AUTHORIZED is about zero. Perhaps in the coming months with continued discussion SOMEBODY will see the wisdom in having armed personnel in our schools. It seems more likely the easy road of banning the implement will be the hot topic.

ditto

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Newburgh
    Still an awesome offer, though. Even if only a couple people get to utilize it, it's still a couple more than we had. Shared.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    This is all well and good, but as of right now the number of those AUTHORIZED is about zero. Perhaps in the coming months with continued discussion SOMEBODY will see the wisdom in having armed personnel in our schools. It seems more likely the easy road of banning the implement will be the hot topic.

That's the point. Let's remove the cost of training as an excuse and advance the discussion. Are you in or out?

Guy

Top Bottom