• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    N.E corner
    Penguin Point was a great fish/chicken/slaw/ff chain. They had them around auto plants throughout michigan. Last sign I saw of one was in Anderson, In and i thought I was halucinating.

I need to go back and investigate.

There is one in Auburn just west of the I69 & st rd 8 exit

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    China Coast. It was always packed, but they closed it anyway.
    Victoria Station. Made of train cars, oh man I'd eat the biggest prime rib; the waiters usually asked if I really meant that one. Couldn't eat it now.
    There were H Salt and Arthur Treacher's for fish & chips. I can't remember whether they were regional or competitive or what.

Only ones of theirs I don't remember were White Tower and Gino's.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    We used to love Po Folks by "Whispering" Bill Anderson. They served drinks in Mason jars and had all my southern favorites.

They had one of those in my home town in Tennessee. They always seemed to have a good crowd--wonder what happened.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Penguin Point was a great fish/chicken/slaw/ff chain. They had them around auto plants throughout michigan. Last sign I saw of one was in Anderson, In and i thought I was halucinating.

I need to go back and investigate.

Penguin Point holds a special place in my heart.

When I was young ('70s) we hardly ever went out to eat, but every once in a while, my Mom and I would meet my Dad at the Penguin Point on Bristol Street in Elkhart across the street from the Miles headquarters where he worked.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    Bennigans was my last meal before boot camp, I loved Chi-Chi's, Kenny Rodgers had the best cornbread, Rax was a staple of my chldhood, I heard china coast closed for serving beef and chicken that wasnt beef and chicken

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I heard china coast closed for serving beef and chicken that wasnt beef and chicken

China Coast was a Darden restaurant. Darden is pretty good at seeing the writing on the wall and bailed on their Chinese concept just as the rush of small Chinese-run takeout and buffet joints came in.

Top Bottom