• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I think a big portion of the problems some have with new 1911's stem from the fact that they don't property clean AND lube them.

The average 1911 wants to run "wet".
    Too many people I've seen barely lube anew gun at all, whether they clean it or not.

My new 1911's get a complete field strip, cleaned to bare, dry metal, and then light gun oil on finish parts, and Lubriplate engine assembly grease on all moving parts.

They run as advertised, right out of the box.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I think a big portion of the problems some have with new 1911's stem from the fact that they don't property clean AND lube them.

The average 1911 wants to run "wet".
    Too many people I've seen barely lube anew gun at all, whether they clean it or not.

My new 1911's get a complete field strip, cleaned to bare, dry metal, and then light gun oil on finish parts, and Lubriplate engine assembly grease on all moving parts.

They run as advertised, right out of the box.
    I cleaned and lubed my RIA before I started break-in. I had a few failures to feed the first few magazines then it just ran no problems other than launching brass to Michigan.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    My ria 10mm 1911 has run good too. Had 2 hiccups I'm 99.99% sure I caused by bumping the slide stop. Guy at works kimber needs some peanut butter with its jam

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Lol Kimber's are going to Kimber , and that's a $1,200 street price gun. If he would have ponied up for an actual nice 1911 (like $300 more for a Dan Wesson) those issues would not have happened.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Lol Kimber's are going to Kimber , and that's a $1,200 street price gun. If he would have ponied up for an actual nice 1911 (like $300 more for a Dan Wesson) those issues would not have happened.
    A $1200 premium gun that won't run but a $400 RIA will. Wonder what Kimber ****ed up. I've seen to many horror stories on Kimber to ever invest in one. I do know several people that own them without issue but I'm not taking that chance for the price

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    A $1200 premium gun that won't run but a $400 RIA will. Wonder what Kimber ****ed up. I've seen to many horror stories on Kimber to ever invest in one. I do know several people that own them without issue but I'm not taking that chance for the price

Unpopular opinion, RIA's should not exist and no red blooded American should buy a foreign made 1911 it's just wrong. If you don't have the cash for a good one buy a Glock with the rest of the poors.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Unpopular opinion, RIA's should not exist and no red blooded American should buy a foreign made 1911 it's just wrong. If you don't have the cash for a good one buy a Glock with the rest of the poors.
    But that $1200 American made 1911 is a big pos. I'll take my RIA that eats everything vs a kimber that can't cycle anything....thank you very much. I like my firearms to actually work. Like my Glocks, CZs, and other foriegn firearms as well.
    Even a HiPoint works better than that pos Kimber in the video

Edit to add I do love my Ruger SR1911 and it's American made. Sounds like this one wouldn't meet your standards either as it didn't cost $1500-3000. Goes bang everytime though.

20191116_175621.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom