• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Tie dye also has awesome burgers. I think I get the zz top (pepper jack cheese, jalapeños, and onion straws)

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    What qualifies one to be a Rube? :dunno:
    2rrauro.jpg

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    The area isn't that bad. I live right around the corner from the Steer Inn. They have awesome breakfast. Tye Die has great burgers. The owner is super nice and as others have said he always has a gun on his hip. He is a normal customer of mine at work. The Rock-Cola Café is worth the 5 minute drive. They have amazing grilled tenderloins. Over in Irvington plaza you can have great Mexican food at La Hacienda. I'm drooling as I type this thinking about the great food these places serve.
    :drool:

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Jockamo's Pizza in Irvington on Washington is fantastic and VERY safe. Ellenberger Park is a nice place to walk or just sit and people watch ... in daylight. I live next to the park and the area is safe but just as anywhere you need to keep your eyes open. I have been here for 12 years and have never had any issues but since the pool is open for summer, there are plenty of folks walking "in" from the less safe parts of the eastside. Nice Antique Mall at Washington and Ritter and some new little shops on Washington. On the weekend you can hit the flea market if that is your thing. It is next to Marsh and the DQ. Bottom line - if the sun is up you are good to go. Based on my past experience, avoid the Marathon at 10th and Arlington. Too much sulfur in the gas and way too many begger folks looking for my spare change. +100 for MCL too and if you are looking for that hard to find hardware item, hit the Ace hardware next to MCL.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Keep your 6 covered 24/7 in that area. I know it all too well. I worked the Naval Air Warfare Center at 21st & Arlington
    There's a good bar(or was) just east of Arlington on the N.side of 10th. Good Grub, Killer Burritos. 21st and Arlington there was a SUPER GYRO place that was the best authentic Gyros around. It's been over 5 yrs so I'm not 100% sure they're still there.

10th and Arlington is another world compared to 21st and Arlington.

21st Street and Arlington has the apartment complex behind the old strip center (and 4 blocks to the west) there is a state of collapse because of the surroundings and people that live there.

10th and Arlington is a whole different area, houses instead of apartments, well keep to the most part from what I remember.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    ....And at the corner of 10th and Post there's a little dive that's got some very good Greek and Gyros. Excellent chicken sandwiches as well. Family place, little indoor seating, outdoor seating, not fancy but good grub. Makes the belly happy for hours.

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    Stay away from the 10th/Post area. There's a business around there that commits tax fraud and then blames the state for shutting them down. :D

Speaking of which I wonder how the $30k pledge is going.

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    ....And at the corner of 10th and Post there's a little dive that's got some very good Greek and Gyros. Excellent chicken sandwiches as well. Family place, little indoor seating, outdoor seating, not fancy but good grub. Makes the belly happy for hours.

Yea they have decent food. Also right behind them is Papa Roux Cajun Restaurant. Dine in and get unlimited sides. And the Po-Boys sandwiches are amazing.

shortbusbob

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    east
    If you venture over to Irvington Plaza . Go see Tina at Nancy's Lounge . They make a great rubin . Don't worry about the hood . It's not bad . Better than average . I do not know where these chickens come from , but there are Quarter Million Dollar homes within sight of that intersection . Like everywhere else . Don't be a target , you won't be a target .

Top Bottom