• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gajones06

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2011
    So I had a 1911 for 4 years and loved. Well one night my friend was handling it and he ends up letting of a round through the bottom of my coffee table. Freaks my fiancee out because he clams to have never loaded the gun, even though I heard him rack the slide. Anyways, so I am looking at getting another 1911 and I found anarmscor 1911-A2 and for the price it seems like an awesome deal and its a double stack. Does anyone have any experience with one of these? I had a rock island previously and really enjoyed it so owning a cheaper 1911 is not an issue.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    In my experience, 1911s won't put bullets through coffee tables unless they're loaded or unless you put the bullet on the table and use the 1911 as a hammer, which I usually don't recommend. I wasn't there, didn't hear a thing, but I can conclusively say that the gun was loaded.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    So I had a 1911

my friend was handling it

round through the bottom of my coffee table.

he clams to have never loaded the gun, even though I heard him rack the slide.

Lemme get this straight...
    Your 1911 had a magazine with rounds in it.
    You handed it to your friend.
    You HEARD YOUR FRIEND CHAMBER A ROUND.
    He promptly put his boogerhook squarely on the bang switch (while you WATCHED??).
    He blew a hole through a table.
    And now you want a do-over??

Yeah, if you're for real (which I doubt)...go for it.
    There's a gene pool joke in there somewhere, but I don't have the strength anymore.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Me, I can't understand why your fiancee is stressed about that. Honest mistake, could happen to anyone. I see no problem with having another one -- what could possibly go wrong?

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Me, I can't understand why your fiancee is stressed about that. Honest mistake, could happen to anyone. I see no problem with having another one -- what could possibly go wrong?
    Shipwreck.jpg

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    If you are real, you should review the basics of firearms safety and take a class. Anyone who hands over a loaded pistol to another person needs firearms safety training.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Yikes

You're not the first, nor will you be the last, to make this mistake. Be glad the coffee table was the only casualty, consider how bad it could have been, and learn from it.

donnie1581

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Elwood, IN
    I don't have any personal experience with the 1911 but make sure you read reviews and if possible test fire it before you buy it. Don't let the harassment discourage you from owning another firearm. Everyone makes mistakes; I'm just glad to hear no one was injured and I'm sure you learned a valuable lesson when that happened.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Don't let the harassment discourage you from owning another firearm.
    Harassment?? Excuse me, but the guy said he gave his friend a loaded pistol to handle and then blamed the guy for shooting a hole in his furniture with a round that he "heard him rack the slide" to chamber...that is all kinds of BAD, all the way around, and somebody SHOULD speak up and say exactly that!

my friend was handling it
    a round through the bottom of my coffee table
    clams to have never loaded the gun
    I heard him rack the slide.

Bad! BAD! BAD!
    (see? like that^!)

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    ^^. What she said. And the important lesson isn't about what the OTHER guy did. One of those basic rules for life: Focus on the things YOU can control. You can't control what someone else will do, for the most part (short of 'it rubs the lotion on its skin' if you happen to have a guest in the pit in your basement...) So the important lesson, IMHO, comes from the question "what could *I* do differently?" If your reaction to something like this is "wow-- that moron shot my coffee table", you're missing the lesson that falls into the realm of things YOU can control.

And yes, like some others, I wonder if this is just a shiny, spinning target for us.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Back to the OP.
    NO! to the anarmscor 1911-A2 (unless its REAL cheap :D)

go get another rock island.:twocents:

And then don't hand it to anyone with a loaded magizine.:D

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    And then don't hand it to anyone with a loaded magizine.:D
    yeah, that^!
    ORRR...
    ...if this turns out to be what a couple of us thought, you can feel free to use this because nobody else has, yet. Just open it, right click/copy in the address bar and then paste it here in the thread inside image tags like this:
    Here ya go: Click it

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I don't have any personal experience with the 1911 but make sure you read reviews and if possible test fire it before you buy it. Don't let the harassment discourage you from owning another firearm. Everyone makes mistakes; I'm just glad to hear no one was injured and I'm sure you learned a valuable lesson when that happened.
    The problem with gun mistakes is that once that round is out of the barrel, it cannot be called back and all the "I'm so sorry" phrases cannot bring someone back to life. Basic safety rules were violated and that is serious business. The OP should be more concerned about that then what brand of 1911 he should buy next. What makes you think that the OP learned a valuable lesson?

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Well, it was "locked", the other guy "loaded" it, but seriously, you don't hand it to someone uncleared unless it's absolutely understood between you that the correct sequence of actions will result in a "bang". And that's only in the circumstances none of us hopes to find ourselves in. And the other guy should have the sense to clear it. He's lucky it was just a table. -1

Arickosmo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Indy
    I'm not sure I can take it. I've been party to THREE idiot mishaps with firearms. I've been party to MILLIONS of IDIOT MISTAKES with 5000 pound or more wheeled missiles. If you think anyone who has ever made a mistake with a firearm should just give it up, you should just go ahead and dig your bunker. If you can't learn from yours, or better yet others' mistakes, why are you on the internet seeking knowledge.

I'm off topic from the OP and therefore, I offer nothing. I am completely unfamiliar with that brand of firearm. Don't let your friend hold it if you buy it. I'm a fan of more reputable 1911 makers but you never know when you'll find that diamond in the rough.

Thank God no one was hurt. Lesson learned?

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    IIRC, the 1911, has 3 (THREE), safeties the MANUAL, the GRIP, and one other, and one I can't remember, right now ..... I DO NOT understand how the 1911, went off !!!!!

Top Bottom