• ...and so much more!
  • Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    OpoQQ.jpg

I don't understand how any of you got a full story out of that. What happened to the original 1911? What happened to the friend? What about the fiance? I'm confused...

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    I don't have any personal experience with the 1911 but make sure you read reviews and if possible test fire it before you buy it. Don't let the harassment discourage you from owning another firearm. Everyone makes mistakes; I'm just glad to hear no one was injured and I'm sure you learned a valuable lesson when that happened.

You should stick to fishing.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    So I had a 1911 for 4 years and loved. Well one night my friend was handling it and he ends up letting of a round through the bottom of my coffee table. Freaks my fiancee out because he clams to have never loaded the gun, even though I heard him rack the slide. Anyways, so I am looking at getting another 1911 and I found anarmscor 1911-A2 and for the price it seems like an awesome deal and its a double stack. Does anyone have any experience with one of these? I had a rock island previously and really enjoyed it so owning a cheaper 1911 is not an issue.

Where to start. First off is this a out of season april first kind of thing?:dunno:

IF this a for real thing I have to ask do you actually have any idea of gun safety or just hand over a potentially loaded pistol to someone?

I cant really type what else Id like to say about the lack of maturity or simple thought processes that seem to escape the OP. I will go out on the limb here to also say the OP thinks shooting a full mag is practice on a stop sign with a beer in the week hand.

Its ignorant acts like this that make other folks like perhaps the future Mrs. Darwin winner not like firearms. The OP needs to take money earmarked for more guns and spend it on a class from barney fife on safe gun handling.
    Stop the insanity.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    I will check the chamber and magazine before I hand one of my guns to any of my friends.
    Strange thing is, Most of my friends will recheck the chamber and mag right after hand it to them.
    Even if they just watched me check it myself.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    So I had a 1911 for 4 years and loved. Well one night my friend was handling it and he ends up letting of a round through the bottom of my coffee table. Freaks my fiancee out because he clams to have never loaded the gun, even though I heard him rack the slide. Anyways, so I am looking at getting another 1911 and I found anarmscor 1911-A2 and for the price it seems like an awesome deal and its a double stack. Does anyone have any experience with one of these? I had a rock island previously and really enjoyed it so owning a cheaper 1911 is not an issue.

I've not had any experience with an Armscor 1911, but I've owned a couple of the cheaper models (RIA and American Classic II). Maybe someone with experience will chime in, soon, who will be able to help you with your question.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    Anyways, so I am looking at getting another 1911 and I found anarmscor 1911-A2 and for the price it seems like an awesome deal and its a double stack. Does anyone have any experience with one of these? I had a rock island previously and really enjoyed it so owning a cheaper 1911 is not an issue.
    Sorry I was distracted by the ND part of the story.
    I do own a 1911 A2 and it is awesome.
    The A2's share the same mags with the Para P14 so extra mags are available.
    Be warned though the extra mags are expensive.

I worked on the trigger a bit on mine.
    As far as I can tell, all of the internals are stock 1911 parts.
    The exception being the trigger bow, which has to be wider to fit around the mag.
    It was fine right out of the box, but I wanted the trigger pull to be a bit lighter.
    I think the hammer hooks on the Rocks are typically a little long from the factory.

Anyway, I would recommend RIA anytime.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I will check the chamber and magazine before I hand one of my guns to any of my friends.
    Strange thing is, Most of my friends will recheck the chamber and mag right after hand it to them.
    Not strange at all. It is a basic safety rule.

Tandor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2011
    Chesterton
    NEVER never never give someone a loaded fire arm. Step 1: remove mag/bullets, Step 2: Check to make sure its unloaded, Step 3: hand gun to person, handle first, Step 4 Have person double check steps 1&2. All important THE GUN IS ALWAYS LOADED.
    Stupidy=Step 1-pull trigger....dead coffe table..:popcorn:

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne

Not really strange, you have smart friends.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I don't understand how any of you got a full story out of that. What happened to the original 1911? What happened to the friend? What about the fiance? I'm confused...

Thank you! I thought I was the only one. The original post lacks focus or connection between the story elements.

Example: "I stepped on a puppy. Should I get a Poodle?"

BTW ... It doesn't matter if the gun is loaded or not. You never point a gun at anyone or anything you don't want to shoot. You don't touch the trigger until you intend to fire and are ready to fire. Know your target and be aware of everything beyond it.

Gpfury86

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Whether I'm handing someone a weapon or receiving a weapon from someone else, I also do the same procedure drop the mag and clear the weapon. Common safety practice. I always teach people that aren't familiar with firearm basic firearm safety. The gun is always loaded, don't point it at anyone one or anything that u don't want dead. I don't know how many times I've heard people say "but it's not loaded". That phrase makes me furious. Anyway, the op still hasn't responded, but if u knew this person did not have basic firearm handling safety knowledge u should have never handed him a weapon period, until u trained him how to treat it. I have had several different 1911's but I've heard good things about the rock island armory. I haven't heard anything about the other pistol u mentioned. Also expect to get flamed for that post. This is a gun forum and we as a group of people that want to keep our rights, emphasize safety and want to be recognized as responsible people, not people that hand loaded guns to people that pull the trigger "accidentally".

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    #1 buying another handgun will not make your girlfriend feel better (if she is still around)
    #2 your and your buddie both NEED trained in proper gun handling, ALWAYS breach open, rifle, or pistol
    #3 Armacor makes a decent pistol, most parts can be filed to fit, beaver tail, better hammer, like most 1911's a trigger job will not hurt (but with you and your buddie I don't think you need a lighter trigger) armacor also makes the frame for one of the sti pistols

Top Bottom