• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    The CCO is on my short list as well. I've really been lusting after a DW and the price isn't but a couple hundred more than the S&W...

I will save you some coin. Skip the Performance Center gun. Go with a scandium roundbutt E series. Them buy some VZ grips and have ChurchMouse put in a new trigger.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    The Smith PC gun isn't that much more than the E-series version.
    I think you get a lot more for your money with the PC gun.
    The cuts in the slide, hand fitted and assembled, etc... Way worth a couple hundred more dollars.
    the down side is that it does not have night sights which I don't understand why not.

the Dan Wesson CCO is tempting too and it has night sights.

That aluminum framed commander size Ruger SR1911 with night sights seems like a great bang for the buck.

At the last shoot over at MCFG, I got to shoot the Schroder Bauman aluminum frame commander and it was incredible.
    didn't feel like shooting a light weight 1911 at all. It felt to me like it had the same recoil as a full size gun.
    Truely a pleasure to shoot.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Well, can't get a SB now, unless one comes up for sale, which I would doubt. Ah well, either the Smith or the CCO should be fine. Now I just need to save up the money :D

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The cuts in the slide, hand fitted and assembled, etc... Way worth a couple hundred more dollars.
    the down side is that it does not have night sights which I don't understand why not.

That aluminum framed commander size Ruger SR1911 with night sights seems like a great bang for the buck.

At the last shoot over at MCFG, I got to shoot the Schroder Bauman aluminum frame commander and it was incredible.
    didn't feel like shooting a light weight 1911 at all. It felt to me like it had the same recoil as a full size gun.

That SB went across my bench. It was not that nice out of the box.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour

I carry a PC1911. Good shooting gun. The hand fitting you mentioned was not that good. Churchmouse cleaned up the trigger and had to adjust the sights on mine. Internals were MIM. When we put in the short trigger it dropped in with no fitting and rattles around. Slide cuts are a place that collects dust bunnies. I do like the Briley bushing though. Very tight, gun groups good. Fast cycling with the light slide so keep fresh mags and recoil springs in the gun. Large external extractor works well. I think it is a great carry gun. It not without baggage and overpriced.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Thanks all. Yeah Tim, I've been considering a Officer sized 1911, but haven't made any decisions yet. As much as I love 1911's, I also eventually want to pick up my first revolver and I have the CZ-ickness as well and want another CZ. Too many guns, too little money... :):

As much as I love my 1911s, if you have not dipped your toe in the CZ waters yet, I'd go that route next. Be careful there though. That's yet another slippery slope to navigate.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    As much as I love my 1911s, if you have not dipped your toe in the CZ waters yet, I'd go that route next. Be careful there though. That's yet another slippery slope to navigate.
    A very slippery slope indeed! Can get expensive to navigate especially once you have experienced the CGW upgrades but a dream to shoot and enjoy.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Oh, I've dipped my toe in alright. Sometimes it feels like the whole foot, or even the leg...:):

I have a CZ 75B that I picked up a month or so ago. Very nice gun. Only problem is that I don't get to shoot it enough. I've also shot TopDog's cajunized P-09, which has me lusting after one of those. I've even toyed with the idea of picking up a cajunized SP-01 shadow. Yes, I'm definitely infected!

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    I dipped my foot in that CZ water you speak of and as much as I tried to LOVE EM, I just couldnt LOVE EM like others on here do. I got rid of them no regrets. What I did like about them was their resale value. Traded a $600 gun for a $900 gun, many love em. ha wish I had 10 more.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I dipped my foot in that CZ water you speak of and as much as I tried to LOVE EM, I just couldnt LOVE EM like others on here do. I got rid of them no regrets. What I did like about them was their resale value. Traded a $600 gun for a $900 gun, many love em. ha wish I had 10 more.

They have to be cajunized before the real love can occur.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I brought mine to the range last week when I met a buddy for lunch. He only owns a Glock 19 and I asked him if he wanted to try out the CZ 75B. He did and while we were talking afterwards, he said he liked it much better than he did his Glock. I may be trying to help him pick one up soon... :D

I know it's a 1911 thread, but it's my thread so here's my CZ:

CZ%2075b_zpsqeetfoor.jpg

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    I brought mine to the range last week when I met a buddy for lunch. He only owns a Glock 19 and I asked him if he wanted to try out the CZ 75B. He did and while we were talking afterwards, he said he liked it much better than he did his Glock. I may be trying to help him pick one up soon... :D

I know it's a 1911 thread, but it's my thread so here's my CZ:

CZ%2075b_zpsqeetfoor.jpg
    Real nice!

Top Bottom