• ...and so much more!
  • 1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I managed to get to the range for the second time yesterday. What a blast! We played with my hand loads a bit. The best load so far is 74 grains of H-4831 with a 180gn Hornady SST. I need to pick up some 190gn Sierra's to try.

I am going to start moving the bullet towards the lands and see what happens. Best group so far is .125 at 100 yards with my buddy Harry shooting. I've seen him put 5 bullets threw the same hole. We were using my hand loads. This thing rocks. The recoil is nearly nothing. The brake is amazing. I put 40 rounds threw it today. I am usually sore after 10-15 rounds. I feel nothing in my shoulder.

Later this week we will be shooting at 200 yards, then 300 yards. I am having a blast literally. ;)

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I finally got to handle this rifle today. WOW! The craftsmanship is second to NONE. The bolt is butter smooth. The finish is outstanding. Great job Allen and Dean.

Deene Vanmeter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2016
    Plainfield
    Thanks, been a while on this one. Hoe you all had fun with it. I still want to come up that way before it gets cold, but not looking good at this point. Maybe in the spring

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I got to shoot this today. Wow. Great trigger, smooth bolt and LOTS of noise. Recoil was really, really mild. Had 1" groups at 100 yards. And I'm not that good of a rifle shooter.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I got to shoot this today. Wow. Great trigger, smooth bolt and LOTS of noise. Recoil was really, really mild. Had 1" groups at 100 yards. And I'm not that good of a rifle shooter.

Here's the video for proof. You did great BT. Those loads aren't the best, yet. I am still working on the loads for the 190 Sierra's. The 180 SST's Hornaday's will put on right threw the same hole. That was the first hand load with that round. And it was a light load. The next loads will hopefully get better. We all had a great time today. Thanks for coming up with the ideal to shoot today. It was a perfect day for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Here's the video for proof. You did great BT. Those loads aren't the best, yet. I am still working on the loads for the 190 Sierra's. The 180 SST's Hornaday's will put on right threw the same hole. That was the first hand load with that round. And it was a light load. The next loads will hopefully get better. We all had a great time today. Thanks for coming up with the ideal to shoot today. It was a perfect day for it.

[video=youtube_share;HXsmB9d8aEQ]http://youtu.be/HXsmB9d8aEQ[/video]

So smooth!

Top Bottom