• ...and so much more!
  • 1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Wow!! That lost picture is the money shot. I can't wait to here the range report! Get some video if you can.

I love it! Thanks guys. What an awesome job!

Thanks Allen and Deene.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    :thumbsup: I know that feeling! But it's so worth the pain. Yep, I'm a recoil junkie.

Well if you are a recoil junkie you may not need the brake, but it took away my flinch that I was struggling with after a half dozen rounds.
    The only downside....if this is a downside, is it sounds like a cannon going off. I dont think it would make a good gun for home defense ;)

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Not so scientific comparison here.

your rifle with no brake
    [video=youtube;TQwQ93u9txI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQwQ93u9txI[/video]

Mine with brake
    [video=youtube;eegyxOZB9hg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eegyxOZB9hg[/video]

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    We are rally close to being done. Some nit picky detail work, engrave the caliber in the barrel and refinish and you will have your rifle back....oh and make a brake I guess :)

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    The difference is pretty obvious. That brake works great! I am familiar with the noise. I have one on my 50 cal. It's pretty impressive when shooting under a canopy. :n00b: A break would make the 300wm a lot more enjoyable for follow up shots. That's for sure! Let me know what I owe ya.

I am happy to see it cycling some rounds without issue. I could not do that before. I am going to love that rifle for ever! thanks guys, for all you have done.

Deene Vanmeter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2016
    Plainfield
    Although this build isn't finished, it is nearing the end. I have really enjoyed working on this project and the comments from here. I'm sure you are going to enjoy this for a long time. I had a blast at the range with it yesterday, knowing I had a hand in the finished product. Thanks from Allen and I for the opportunity.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I am glad that is has been a fun project and not a complete PIA. I am also excited to have one of you guys first customs. This thing will be in the family forever. My boy already has his eye on it. I know he will cherish it. I hope to shoot it enough to wear out a barrel or 2. I know where to send it when I do!

As I have said, this is my bucket list rifle. I have been wanting to build a 700 for years. I was excited to here Allen wanted to get in to 700's. We had talked about a barrel swap a few years ago. The timing was right, and we were all able to put this project together. This is so awesome.

I love reloading, so I am eager to work on some hand loads. I have had awesome luck with my 308's and 30-06 loads. I shot my best groups out of that thing with my hand loads. When I could get the dam rounds out of the thing :(. I was so heart broken to have issues right out of the box. I am a big fan of the 700. I picked up some H1000 and I have ordered some 190gr Sierra bullets to try. I am nearly ready to load some different loads.

I am glad I didn't bother sending it to Remington. I know that they would not have went over it as thoroughly as you and Allen. It's in the right hands!

Don't for get that #2 is ready to head that way as soon as I get the box back. These are going to be some sweet rifles. I want o send my 30-06 down too, went I catch my breath from these two.

This is so exciting. I am like a kid at Christmas waiting for my toy! :D

Thanks guys!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    We are rally close to being done. Some nit picky detail work, engrave the caliber in the barrel and refinish and you will have your rifle back....oh and make a brake I guess :)

Don't forget to out your company name on there! ;)

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    That's some awesome engraving!! I like!! No, I love it! Awesome on the break. It's all coming together excellent. Thanks guys.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    we are down to the wire now. Stock is getting bedded Saturday and the rifle will be complete. We did the final test fire yesterday and easily got .500 and .750 groups at 125 yards with Fusion 180Gr hunting ammo. That was about the best I found at Gander.
    I am sure hand loads are going to dial in tight.

Color is Sniper gray Cerakote.

20 MOA EGW scope rail lapped in.

M16 extractor in grease :) Bolt has been coated with Cerakote Micro Slick

External bolt stop

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I love it. I think I just got wood :rolleyes: I love the color. That brake looks incredible. It's going to be a shoulder saver for sure.

I love the way you profiled and checkered the bolt stop.

Thank you so much Allen and Deene. Your talent really shows threw in this build! I can't wait to get behind it.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I finally got a chance to take it to the range. I am really really happy. Here are my first 3 shots out of the gun at 100 yards. I was using the bipod and holding the rear mono pod. I feel if I sand bagged the rear of the gun I could have easily done .5 moa or less. For not feeling up to par (still recouping) and the first time behind the gun I think I did good for off the shelf Remington 180 grain Core Lokt. I shot one group just over .5 moa but the pic was crappy. Most of my groups were .6 to 1 moa. I am going to be using my hand loads and a rear sand bag on the next trip. I feel that I can cut my groups to half with some effort and a rear sand bag.

I have tremors so I probably won't see the best the gun will shoot. But hey, I am having a good time. These shots are better then before I sent the gun in to Allen.

The gun is amazing. The second gun swill be shipping to Allen shortly.

Thanks Allen and Deene. Allen, I updated your muzzle break thread. :-)

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Awesome Larry,
    It is going to tune in real nice with handloads. Glad you like it :)

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I finally got a chance to take it to the range. I am really really happy. Here are my first 3 shots out of the gun at 100 yards. I was using the bipod and holding the rear mono pod. I feel if I sand bagged the rear of the gun I could have easily done .5 moa or less. For not feeling up to par (still recouping) and the first time behind the gun I think I did good for off the shelf Remington 180 grain Core Lokt. I shot one group just over .5 moa but the pic was crappy. Most of my groups were .6 to 1 moa. I am going to be using my hand loads and a rear sand bag on the next trip. I feel that I can cut my groups to half with some effort and a rear sand bag.

I have tremors so I probably won't see the best the gun will shoot. But hey, I am having a good time. These shots are better then before I sent the gun in to Allen.

The gun is amazing. The second gun swill be shipping to Allen shortly.

Thanks Allen and Deene. Allen, I updated your muzzle break thread. :-)

The most powerful rifle I've shot is a 7.62 x 39. Think I could handle this beast?

Top Bottom