• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Do you have any RIA's in stock at the store? I haven't been able to find any RIA's in the South Bend area and the "dealer locator" on the RIA website doesn't show any dealers within 100 miles of South Bend.

One. If I recall, I think it's the full size. I believe $560 may be on the tag, but I'm not positive. I'll check tomorrow for sure.
    If you want, I'll pull it from the case and stick it in the office with your name on it, to make sure it's there if you want to come take a look.
    PM me your name, if that's what you want to do.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    The Ruger SR1911 or the Springfield RO are great options.
    I like Ruger a lil better, both are GREAT pistols.

red68ss

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    I have an american classic commander with the chrome slide and blue lower. The grips aren't great but it shoots perfect! I have over 2500 rounds through it with no ftf or fte. It feeds anything, even from old gi issue mags. An the fact that it was bought new for about $500.00, made it a great buy. So far it has been rock sold reliable even with handloads. If you can find one it would be worth considering.

ultrabob

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    morristown in
    I paid $779 for my remington 1911 r1 enhanced at shooters supply in plainfield and i love it have not had any issues i was there yesterday and they had a 1911 r1 in stainless for $669 i want one!!!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Under $800 gives a lot of nice choices in 1911s today. Springfields start in the $600 range and that money will buy a nice stainless Remington as well.

jspy5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Southern Marion County
    $800 is a high bar for the 1911 I think. That gets you in the Colt range.

I think $600 would be a more appropriate level to start weeding out lower quality pistols.

Buyer's guide for all you 1911 addicts...

I agree with this. One other thing to consider as well is what about resell value. You may be someone who never gets rid of anything, but if and when the time comes you will possibly take less of a hit with one of the more popular manufacturers. Not saying there aren't some decent low end pistols out there, but name recognition usually has its advantages.

Top Bottom