• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    But in neither of the cases I mentioned is the purpose to advertise sex. It's a way to advertise something about yourself that may not be readily apparent. No different than flying the battle flag of N. Virginia, or in this case a Gadsden flag, or the flag of your ancestors home country.
    Yes. Your sexual orientation. Or your support of others' sexual orientation (I'm sure that's a minority though). If not that, then what?

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    Its just a Code, lots of our brothers died, so we have The Rights to do as we wish, even with our Flag.
    Tell a Grunt Ground Pounder you dont like our flag in the back of his truck. lol
    I kinda have an issue with "It's just a Code". The Code states how our flag is respected and how it should be displayed for proper respect. I have been proudly flying my flag off my front porch since I've been back in Indiana. On a personal note of something I learned recently after actually reading the code. Our flag needs to be lit up at night. As soon as I found that out, I went and bought a flag light. With the embarrassment that if someone that knew the code drove by my house after darks and knew it was there. Yes, many people have died fighting for the right for all of us to be dumb@sses. But I firmly believe that just because you can doesn't mean that you should.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    When was the last time you witnessed a pedophile advertise his/her/it's true intentions?
    Never, except for video of stings. Why?
    Yes. Your sexual orientation. Or your support of others' sexual orientation (I'm sure that's a minority though). If not that, then what?
    Yep. And I've seen plenty of bumper stickers/t-shirts/etc. that advertise heterosexual orientation as well.

Last edited:

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I kinda have an issue with "It's just a Code". The Code states how our flag is respected and how it should be displayed for proper respect. I have been proudly flying my flag off my front porch since I've been back in Indiana. On a personal note of something I learned recently after actually reading the code. Our flag needs to be lit up at night. As soon as I found that out, I went and bought a flag light. With the embarrassment that if someone that knew the code drove by my house after darks and knew it was there. Yes, many people have died fighting for the right for all of us to be dumb@sses. But I firmly believe that just because you can doesn't mean that you should.
    Sorry you have an issue with it, so now its time to lecture a Marine with Flag Code. LOL.
    As far as proper respect goes,You do know that putting up a flagpole light is the epitamy of being to lazy to haul your flag down at sunset.
    Lowering the flag at night is an ultimate sign of respect for Old Glory.
    Semper Fi

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    Sorry you have an issue with it, so now its time to lecture a Marine with Flag Code. LOL.
    As far as proper respect goes,You do know that putting up a flagpole light is the epitamy of being to lazy to haul your flag down at sunset.
    Semper Fi
    I didn't mean for it to come off as a lecture. I can however see how it does though. A Marine... Thank you for your service Sir.

Quiet Observer

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    St. John
    Semper Fi
    How dismissive should we be about something called a code?
    We have the Uniform Code of Military Justice.
    The Marine Corps refers to the Marine Standards as a code.
    "OUR MARINE CORPS STANDARDS ARE NOT MERELY GUIDELINES TO FOLLOW, BUT A CODE THAT EACH AND EVERY MARINE LIVES."
    https://www.marines.com/life-as-a-marine/standards.html
    The all-caps usage is their choice.

I see these as being higher priority than the Flag Code, but I do not see the Flag Code as being relegated to casual dismissal.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    But in neither of the cases I mentioned is the purpose to advertise sex. It's a way to advertise something about yourself that may not be readily apparent. No different than flying the battle flag of N. Virginia, or in this case a Gadsden flag, or the flag of your ancestors home country.

"something about yourself that is not readily apparent" .... You mean advertising that you screw people with the same genitelia?

What are those other flags saying? The Gadsden flag means you believe in the freedoms this country was founded on, flying your nation's flag and state flag means you have a measure of respect for your nation and or your state.

Symbols have meaning, they aren't abstract pointless things. The fact that pride is one of the seven deadly sins, and it has the colors of the chakras inverted to place sex at the top and spirituality at the bottom, has a reason.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    How dismissive should we be about something called a code?
    We have the Uniform Code of Military Justice.
    The Marine Corps refers to the Marine Standards as a code.
    "OUR MARINE CORPS STANDARDS ARE NOT MERELY GUIDELINES TO FOLLOW, BUT A CODE THAT EACH AND EVERY MARINE LIVES."
    https://www.marines.com/life-as-a-marine/standards.html
    The all-caps usage is their choice.

I see these as being higher priority than the Flag Code, but I do not see the Flag Code as being relegated to casual dismissal.
    LOL. Well they added to the flag code so even todays to lazy to raise and lower our flag don't have to do that any longer.
    Personally, I could care less about our flag Code. My household has earned that right.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    "something about yourself that is not readily apparent" .... You mean advertising that you screw people with the same genitelia?

What are those other flags saying? The Gadsden flag means you believe in the freedoms this country was founded on, flying your nation's flag and state flag means you have a measure of respect for your nation and or your state.

Symbols have meaning, they aren't abstract pointless things. The fact that pride is one of the seven deadly sins, and it has the colors of the chakras inverted to place sex at the top and spirituality at the bottom, has a reason.
    I gave examples of people that fly that flag that don't screw people with the same genitalia. Flying your national/start flag can also be an exhibition of pride.

And the colors of the chakras? Please. What is your explanation of why God put the colors of the rainbow in that order? Sex at the top and spiritually at the bottom.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Board Chair Tyron Riddick interjected, "Excuse me, we can't do that."

Shoulda replied, "That's okay. You're not doing that. I am. And I'm allowed. It's freedom OF religion. NOT freedom FROM religion".

Top Bottom