• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    Went to the range and shot my 1911 for the first time today. Also happened to be my first time shooting a .45acp round (only pistol I've ever shot before was a Ruger .22). WAS AMAZING! Loved it. I'd recommend to anyone out there, even if you don't carry a .45, buy one, shoot it, enjoy it. I shot my wifes Glock 26 as well. First time shooting a Glock too lol. The recoil was about the same as my 1911, probably due to the small form factor of the Glock 26. I might pick up a Glock 9mm to carry, I was looking at a smaller form factor .45 but I don't know that I want another .45 now that I've shot my 1911.

Anyway, wanted to share with the crew that I love my 1911, I love my tac laser, and I love being able to spend time with the wife shooting. Just a totally amazing day with pistols! :draw:

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    Congrats Faine! Once you've fondled a 1911 it will spoil you for just about anything else, and they become addicting too!

Not much beats a great day at the range; unless it's a great day at the range with your better half (I type this as mine is peering over my shoulder...)

RockCreekRelics

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    Congrats on the 1911 choice Faine! I have to admit that even though I still love to shoot other handguns the 1911 has me spoiled and nothing else feels quite right lol.
    Welcome to the site!!!

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    I don't know

Carry that 1911! Get a good thick belt and a good holster like a Crossbreed super tuck, and carry that 1911!

I've carried it before, I don't like carrying condition 1 (putting trust in a safety not in my head) or condition 3 (unprepared) though, so I'm looking for something in a dual action. I do like the size and weight of it though.:dunno:

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    I love the 45 ACP! Then again, I kinda like most rounds I've shot ...maybe it's more about enjoying firearms than it is about the round. OTOH, the .308 doesn't do a lot for me. :D

Kudos to you and your wife for a great time at the rage. :yesway:

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I've carried it before, I don't like carrying condition 1 (putting trust in a safety not in my head) or condition 3 (unprepared) though, so I'm looking for something in a dual action. I do like the size and weight of it though.:dunno:

If you like everything but the single action part of a 1911, you might check out the double eagle. Another pistol that feels somewhat similar in my hand to my 1911s, the Sig P220, available in just about any flavor that makes you happy.

Top Bottom