• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Just me but I love the weight of the Sig 1911's that have rails. I really prefer a heavier pistol and they've achieved that for sure. Heaviest 1911 I've handled is the one I own.

I concur... my 5" kimber warrior with a rail has a nice weight to it and should allow me to have better follow up shots. A good gun belt makes carrying it easy and enjoyable, now if I could just getter a better holster.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    You don't have a 1911???!!!!!! :runaway:

Absolutely true.
    I have 3 and I still look at them at gun stores and shows.
    What I want now is a 1911 in 9mm.

I was in that market up until a few weeks ago, when I found a great deal on a nice Hi-Power. At first I wasnt sure, but after getting it home, and running a few hundred rounds through it, it feels just as right in my hand as the 1911.

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    I was in that market up until a few weeks ago, when I found a great deal on a nice Hi-Power. At first I wasnt sure, but after getting it home, and running a few hundred rounds through it, it feels just as right in my hand as the 1911.

what did you give for the hi power?
    and who made it?

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    Just me but I love the weight of the Sig 1911's that have rails. I really prefer a heavier pistol and they've achieved that for sure. Heaviest 1911 I've handled is the one I own.

Shot my dad's Kimber and now I am shopping around for my first 1911. I have been eyeing the Sig 1911s over the Kimbers because the full size Sigs are made with steel frames.(And, yes, I know that you can find one or two Kimber models with steel frames. However, Kimber seems to favor aluminum frames while the Sigs seem to favor steel frames.)

Sig quality in a 1911, steel frame, and lower prices than Kimbers. My only problem seems to be settling on a Sig model. :)

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    Sig quality in a 1911, steel frame, and lower prices than Kimbers. My only problem seems to be settling on a Sig model. :)

Quality was one thing that drove me to Sig, you hear rumblings about this brand or that brand putting out poor this or good that but I've not heard anything "BAD" about Sig. They have some not popular models but they all work as intended and Sigs CS department is really good from what I hear as well.

As for finding the right model for you I'd recommend going to a Gun Store that has several Sig 1911's and handling a few of them. You might not find the exact one you want but you might find the right weight or the right grip or the right barrel length. Good luck to you whatever you decide but I'm a Sig guy now.

Top Bottom