Not open for further replies.

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    I'm exhausted :laugh:

My regular staff was awesome, as usual. Volunteer RO's, Jim, Jay & John were great as well.

I can think of worse ways to have spent my 49th birthday :D

Thanks RogerB!!! You did one heckuva job.

Great meeting everyone.

Eric, I miss you, man.

P Starr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Indianapolis, IN
    I had a wonderful time! Thanks so much Roger B for the pic of me shooting. I got a few of Pull Trigger, Goes Bang & IndyBeldar (which I will post tomorrow) but none of me.

Glad to get a change to put faces to screen names.

Can't wait for the next one.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    Today's INGO event is a testament to the people of this forum.

We, as a group of individuals, watched out for each others safety and well being, and enjoyed each others company.

This forum is blessed with a wide range of talented, educated, dedicated, caring, family oriented people.

I think thats what sets the INGO forum apart and above all others.

:yesway: :ingo:

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Great way to spend a afternoon

I want to thank everyone who put the effort in to make this a great time for all. The range staff were top shelf. Met some more INGO members and enjoyed the conversation. Can't wait for the next picnic.

Dick

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    We had a great time, really enjoyed meeting the folks we got to meet. Sorry we missed others.

Thanks to the folks who put this together.

A BIG thanks and kudos for a job well done to the folks running the range. They handled it very professionally and smoothly, and cycled a bunch of folks through with no fuss. Cathy had a ball, and despite being a little intimidated shooting on such a controlled range for the first time ya'll put her right at ease.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I for one had a blast!!!!
    Grumpe an I had a ton of fun shooting your SMG :) Thanks for the chance and all I had to bring was ammo :) That made 3 full auto weapons we shot today.
    11gsflv.jpg

a4rjmf.jpg

But I will admit the Kriss that Britton let me shoot was the highlight of the last year for me :ar15:Thanks a ton to everyone who helped make this an absolute great day!It was good to meet a bunch more INGO people and put faces with names!
    27yog11.jpg

Slacker thanks for the pics of us shooting! We forgot our camera!

Last edited:

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I'm exhausted :laugh:

My regular staff was awesome, as usual. Volunteer RO's, Jim, Jay & John were great as well.

I can think of worse ways to have spent my 49th birthday :D

Thanks RogerB!!! You did one heckuva job.

Great meeting everyone.

Eric, I miss you, man.

I have to say, the range officers were all top notch - as usual. You guys are so helpful and I really appreciate it! I brought my brother there once when he was in from N.C. and he was very impressed and surprised. Most RO's are jerks in his experience. :yesway::yesway:

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    I'm so sorry we missed this today. I had some dental work done yesterday which resulted in a nasty whopper of a headache this morning. :bash:

Glad you all had a good time! :ingo:

So tell me tell me... who was there... what'd I miss?

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    MAN! I'm soooo sorry I had to miss it! So much happened all at once this weekend and I lost the kids for the day to some serious BS and couldn't bring them. Figured since I couldn't bring my family I'd just go take some time to myself and get stuff right in my head. Ended up at Cataract Falls and Lieber SP.

Again I'm really sorry I missed it. It looks like you all had a great time! How did the Flag look? Did our soldier brethren feel as honored as we do? How did that Kriss shoot? Looks like Fen had fun with it!!! I HATE that I missed it, but if I couldn't bring my kids I wasn't going. I did put about 250-300 miles on my hoopty ride though! :D

Missed seeing you there, but sometimes you just gotta drive. Been there plenty of times. Very therapeutic.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    :tantrum: I'm so jealous! :tantrum:

Today's INGO event is a testament to the people of this forum.

We, as a group of individuals, watched out for each others safety and well being, and enjoyed each others company.

This forum is blessed with a wide range of talented, educated, dedicated, caring, family oriented people.

I think thats what sets the INGO forum apart and above all others.

:yesway: :ingo:

:+1: From all the other shoots I've been to, the people I've FTFed through the classifieds, met in various places like the 1500... I've gotta say, I've never met nicer, more dedicated, and more talented than this forum has to offer. Especially for this being a local forum.

Couldn't have said it better, Roger.

BTW, have I mentioned I'm really kicking my arse over this? :dunno:

wag1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Awesome fun! I want to thank everyone involved in the planning, setup, and operation of this event. Plenty of shooting and socializing. The range was run very safely and efficient. The only problem for me was that 4 hours was not enough!!! I met several of you, fired several guns, ~350 rounds+slugs; probably a little too much since my hold wasn't very steady toward the end (glad I brought 2 ammo cans!), but also did not get to meet everyone I wanted to, or fire all of the guns I wanted to.

I ended up missing Jay altogether - I'll get with you sometime to fire that 686 Combatmaster :)

With the amount of good folks and good toys it would have been impossible to get it all accomplished - but that's exactly why there should be another one next year!

I do want to thank the following good folks for allowing me to shoot their arms (boy I hope I do not leave anyone out):

fastmover
    Archbishop
    Britton
    esrice
    Michiana
    tatters
    Snake Eater

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Outstanding day at the range.......

Many thanks to all who helped put it together.... that way I don't miss anyone. Excellent facility, and kudos to Steve for sticking his neck out for our enjoyment, and kudos to every shooter for shooting safely and keeping Steve from getting his neck chopped at.......

Chicken was great, thanks ..... missed the bacon, though.. :dunno:

There really needs to be a next time...... :rockwoot:I have to use this icon, cause if I tried this at my age, I'd hurt myself

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    bwegner......

I was the one in the INGO shirt...... :D

We'll get together...... holler if you're gonna be north of Indy some time. Range time is easy for me.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    ..... missed the bacon, though.. :dunno:
    I KNEW IT! When I first got there and walked over to the range, as soon as I got in the enclosure, I smelled bacon. I actually commented to a couple of the ROs that I was expecting to smell gunpowder but not bacon.

Yesterday was great, got to socialize with some great people, shoot full auto :ar15:(thanks Britton), and got some swag (thanks again Britton). Between the bowling pin shoot and the range day, I had great fun.

Unfortunately, coming home to 83º and climbing in my house ended that fun. Now I get to wait until Tuesday for the AC guy to come check us out.

Oh yeah, thanks to SirRealism for the awesome name tags.

tatters

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Columbia City
    What a good day at the range. I got to meet several of the folks here on the board, and as was stated before, what a great bunch of people. While it's nice to meet those from other parts of the country, it's really nice to be able to gather at a central location for many of us. I once drove to Springfield, Mo to a shoot put on by the old owner of the Family Friends Firearms forum (Gunslinger RIP). That was a haul. So glad this was closer. The wife let me drive her G6 convertible.

I'm sorry I didn't bring my camera, and sorry I didn't get to mingle as much as I could have. Hope I didn't seem stand -offish.

Thanks also to the organizers, and set up people, and the folks supplying the basics. Thanks also for the offers to shoot some of the more unusual of the firearms.

Anyway, if you didn't know by now why you belonged to a board like this, now you know.

Thanks
    Steve

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom