• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    ah so no need to bring our own? Are you going to sell some? I remember a while back a place that was selling belted ammo for PKMs but I dont know if they have any left.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Hi pinshooter!

Thanks for the question. It allows me to clarify my previous note so you and others reading this aren't confused.

We will be using full rifle calibers at the pistol range. We'll be firing into the dam as our backstop. With dirt, it doesn't matter that we're only 50' away. (I've even shot a few 50 BMG rounds into it!) Obvioiusly at that close range, we couldn't use steel targets and rifle calibers.

When I mentioned the option of shooting across the pond, it was only if people wanted to experience longer range shooting and with steel. I haven't spoken to the other event organizers so I don't know if there is even time to do this.

Sorry for any confusion this may have caused.
    well If I'd looked back at the OP I would have noticed AR15 & AK on the menu! And please excuse my ignorance, but what is a PKM? I can read that It's belted, so I'm guessing it's a full rifle caliber. And I think I've heard that designation before, but can't remember where it comes from.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    PKM.....

images

Yukon227

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Henry County
    I'm planning to bring .223, 7.62x39, 45acp, 9mm, and .22 lr. Is there anything I should stay away from brand wise? I have a pretty good stash of ammo but a lot of it is cheap stuff, like wolf and tula.

Also I plan to bring a cooler and drinks. If there is any interest and it is OK'd by the organizers I am willing to bring along my AR-15 with the golf ball launcher attached for giggles. Not exactly in the same realm as a grease gun, but fun nonetheless.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom