2012 Elections & Firearm/Ammo Shortages - Interviews Needed!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JRL

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Broad Ripple
    Hello All,

I'm writing a piece for a prepper's magazine about the possible governmental issues with firearms & ammunition as a result of the upcoming election. I know there are quite a few threads revolving around this topic but I would love to get some people thoughts (and possibly interviews if you are interested) on the topic.

I'm interested in the your thoughts on the price of ammo, the availiblity of guns & ammo, the effects of Fast & Furious, so on and so forth and what could/will happen in November.

If you would be interested in swapping a couple emails me or getting more details, just let me know.

Thanks & I appreciate it!
    -Ry-

brutalone

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Westside Indianapolis
    I see you are fairly new to the forum....
    Could we get more background on you, and who you are writing for?
    Who you are employed by?
    Most on here are happy to help...... So long as we know the information is not being used in any improper manor.

JRL

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Broad Ripple
    Of course,

I'm a freelance writer & prepper myself. I have been aboard for a few years in a reseach program focusing on social theory and just returned to Indy about a year ago. I just got a job with a brand new digital magazine (Kindle/iPad ready) & website, ZombieTraining.com. I realize that probably sounds silly but but it's actually quite serious.

We have 15,000+ subscribers across all platforms who just preppers like the rest of us but enjoy a little fun spin. We have writers who focus on everything from pop culture to weapons/ammo to surivial skills. My contribution revolves around prepping tech (H20 systems, reusable/solar energy sources, communication technologies, etc) and firearms/ammo reviews & modern society/culture.

JRL

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Broad Ripple
    If anyone would rather not speak in a public forum, please feel free to email me at: rylickliter@gmail.com

I also completely respect your privacy and will not publish any information about yourself you don't wish to have seen by the public.

Thanks again,
    -Ry-

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I believe it's a bunch of crap that we perpetuate, allowing the manufactures to make money. If people would stop writing about the "sky falling" because of an election, prices and availability would not be effected. Of course the manufacturers aren't going to say, "Stop!" since they are making money.

brutalone

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Westside Indianapolis
    I believe it's a bunch of crap that we perpetuate, allowing the manufactures to make money. If people would stop writing about the "sky falling" because of an election, prices and availability would not be effected. Of course the manufacturers aren't going to say, "Stop!" since they are making money.
    And yet the more this happens..... the wider the spectrum of gun owners we get. That is a good thing. Every new person we get to invest in guns and ammo will thus be a new person who wishes to protect their investment. Which means more people protecting our rights of ownership.....

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I've been stocking up on assault weapons in case a radical gun-grabber like Mitt Romney comes anywhere near the reigns of power. He has a history of signing weapon bans and supporting gun control. His record tells us that he would appoint anti-gun justices to the Supreme Court and work diligently on stomping out our civil right to bear arms.

-- Rambone

Last edited:

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Just saw this in my Grafs & Sons email

356.gif

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    And yet the more this happens..... the wider the spectrum of gun owners we get. That is a good thing. Every new person we get to invest in guns and ammo will thus be a new person who wishes to protect their investment. Which means more people protecting our rights of ownership.....

I believe you are bringing up a separate point. I will never be an advocate for fear mongering. I would rather people embrace their rights out of love for their country and to uphold and defend the republic we've been blessed to have. I would argue that a great majority of the people who buy guns for fear that ONE MAN is going to take away their rights, will never actually properly train with it. Those who fought to make this country did so with expert skill with their muskets and a love for freedom. Why is it necessarily a good thing when the "good-sheeple" buy their Glocks with 33-round magazines, but don't even bother to vote, understand the Bill or Rights, or even read the Constitution, let alone take a training class or go to the range.

I stand behind my point that even when gun sales go up, it does nothing to quail the fear of those who think they are going to lose their guns. The manufacturers -- most who really don't care about anything more than their profit -- still make money off of fear. Besides, an investment in guns isn't protected by buying them and hording them in a hole under the bed. Our RIGHT is protected by advocating for the right representation in our government and doing something to promote gun-ownership in a positive way, that draws the masses to embrace it for the right reason and not out of fear.

brutalone

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Westside Indianapolis
    I believe you are bringing up a separate point. I will never be an advocate for fear mongering. I would rather people embrace their rights out of love for their country and to uphold and defend the republic we've been blessed to have. I would argue that a great majority of the people who buy guns for fear that ONE MAN is going to take away their rights, will never actually properly train with it. Those who fought to make this country did so with expert skill with their muskets and a love for freedom. Why is it necessarily a good thing when the "good-sheeple" buy their Glocks with 33-round magazines, but don't even bother to vote, understand the Bill or Rights, or even read the Constitution, let alone take a training class or go to the range.

I stand behind my point that even when gun sales go up, it does nothing to quail the fear of those who think they are going to lose their guns. The manufacturers -- most who really don't care about anything more than their profit -- still make money off of fear. Besides, an investment in guns isn't protected by buying them and hording them in a hole under the bed. Our RIGHT is protected by advocating for the right representation in our government and doing something to promote gun-ownership in a positive way, that draws the masses to embrace it for the right reason and not out of fear.
    All very good points.... I wasn't saying I supported the fear mongering.... However it is capitalism at work. Also, while the hoarders and sheeple are a big part of the buying frenzy.... I would believe the true message is getting through to more and more people as the threat to our rights becomes more clear and imminent....

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    All very good points.... I wasn't saying I supported the fear mongering.... However it is capitalism at work. Also, while the hoarders and sheeple are a big part of the buying frenzy.... I would believe the true message is getting through to more and more people as the threat to our rights becomes more clear and imminent....

That is exactly the point. What is the message? There is a Civilian Marksmanship Program that was chartered by the government, along with programs such as Appleseed that promote the heritage and history of guns and marksmanship in our country. The CMP has made a way for every citizen in our country to own a rifle (taking inventory into account), but they are available, because people aren't interested in learning. People want to be moved by fear! Also, Appleseed trains people to properly shoot their rifles, while learning the importance of one-man-one-vote. So we have the government providing guns and programs to teach the proper use. How many people are rushing to their doors to take advantage of the opportunity?

Now because thousands now believe that guns will be banned, they want to run out and drive up prices and lessen availability! Should this message make me happy? I would rather the CMP ran out of rifles because people are desiring to learn marksmanship with a true piece of history. I would rather hear that Appleseed shoots are running at maximum capacity. I would also like to hear that trainers are experiencing record numbers of students. The message I hate hearing is, "Buy as many guns and bullets as you can because Obama is going to take them away."

The true message has been lost for many years. The threat to our rights is laziness and complaciancy, not the President. If that is wrong, I welcome anyone to post what the true message really is in regard to "the threat to our rights..."

brutalone

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Westside Indianapolis
    That is exactly the point. What is the message? There is a Civilian Marksmanship Program that was chartered by the government, along with programs such as Appleseed that promote the heritage and history of guns and marksmanship in our country. The CMP has made a way for every citizen in our country to own a rifle (taking inventory into account), but they are available, because people aren't interested in learning. People want to be moved by fear! Also, Appleseed trains people to properly shoot their rifles, while learning the importance of one-man-one-vote. So we have the government providing guns and programs to teach the proper use. How many people are rushing to their doors to take advantage of the opportunity?

Now because thousands now believe that guns will be banned, they want to run out and drive up prices and lessen availability! Should this message make me happy? I would rather the CMP ran out of rifles because people are desiring to learn marksmanship with a true piece of history. I would rather hear that Appleseed shoots are running at maximum capacity. I would also like to hear that trainers are experiencing record numbers of students. The message I hate hearing is, "Buy as many guns and bullets as you can because Obama is going to take them away."

The true message has been lost for many years. The threat to our rights is laziness and complaciancy, not the President. If that is wrong, I welcome anyone to post what the true message really is in regard to "the threat to our rights..."
    You HAD some good points till you said "NOT the President"...... What!?! Is this not a 2nd Amendment issue? Does the President NOT appoint Justices?
    and as far as the purity of the message..... I'd rather have another 5 million people worried about the government taking their Glocks..... Than a few thousand people with Garands and M1 Carbines......
    Even if they decide to not vote at all and hide in a hole.... THAT is a thousand times better than having them out there voting Democrat....

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    You HAD some good points till you said "NOT the President"...... What!?! Is this not a 2nd Amendment issue? Does the President NOT appoint Justices?
    and as far as the purity of the message..... I'd rather have another 5 million people worried about the government taking their Glocks..... Than a few thousand people with Garands and M1 Carbines......
    Even if they decide to not vote at all and hide in a hole.... THAT is a thousand times better than having them out there voting Democrat....

If people who thought like you (not a personal attack) were conveying the proper message: god, family, country, who is to say they would be voting democrat? Who is to say that political party would even matter. The People would make sure they were voting someone in office who would be concerned about protecting our domestic tranquility by protecting our borders and ensuring our economy was given the opportunity to thrive, without restrictive laws and burdensome regulations.

I would choose 100 trained people with Garands and M1 Carbines over 1,000 frightened and untrained stragglers with their Glocks any day of the week. In the same vein I will take 100 people with a mind to make things better, the right way, over 1,000 who only wish to complain and pass along fearful messages on the internet.

If the right message were being taught, the President would be the last of our worries. Besides, it's not like the President can wake up on any given day of the week and install a Justice. He has to have a simple majority of the Senate. If the right message were being taught, everyone would be concerned about who is being elected into the Senate and stop thinking the President can just do whatever he desires. There are checks and balances, but the majority of us are not checking and we are totally unbalanced.

brutalone

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Westside Indianapolis
    If people who thought like you (not a personal attack) were conveying the proper message: god, family, country, who is to say they would be voting democrat? Who is to say that political party would even matter. The People would make sure they were voting someone in office who would be concerned about protecting our domestic tranquility by protecting our borders and ensuring our economy was given the opportunity to thrive, without restrictive laws and burdensome regulations.

I would choose 100 trained people with Garands and M1 Carbines over 1,000 frightened and untrained stragglers with their Glocks any day of the week. In the same vein I will take 100 people with a mind to make things better, the right way, over 1,000 who only wish to complain and pass along fearful messages on the internet.

If the right message were being taught, the President would be the last of our worries. Besides, it's not like the President can wake up on any given day of the week and install a Justice. He has to have a simple majority of the Senate. If the right message were being taught, everyone would be concerned about who is being elected into the Senate and stop thinking the President can just do whatever he desires. There are checks and balances, but the majority of us are not checking and we are totally unbalanced.
    You are reading WAY too much into what I said...... I was simply saying that some of the Zombie and 2012 and election day preppers who are for the first time in their lives opening their eyes to the fact that a gun (or two) is necessary and that they may be able to stand on wobbly legs without the government..... Then they just might open their eyes a little further and start to let a little God, guns, family, and country into their lives. These are people that may have never crawled from under a rock no matter how much common sense or statistics you push at them.
    and just maybe.... if they get vested enough in being self reliant during a crisis..... perhaps they will start to vote so.... or at least stop voting the anti gun ticket.....
    Surely you can at least admit this has brought in a large number of people who are buying firearms.... getting training.... (CMP and Appleseed are not their scene..... Though the tactical and defense training industry is booming)..... who otherwise never would have......????

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    You are reading WAY too much into what I said...... I was simply saying that some of the Zombie and 2012 and election day preppers who are for the first time in their lives opening their eyes to the fact that a gun (or two) is necessary and that they may be able to stand on wobbly legs without the government..... Then they just might open their eyes a little further and start to let a little God, guns, family, and country into their lives. These are people that may have never crawled from under a rock no matter how much common sense or statistics you push at them.
    and just maybe.... if they get vested enough in being self reliant during a crisis..... perhaps they will start to vote so.... or at least stop voting the anti gun ticket.....
    Surely you can at least admit this has brought in a large number of people who are buying firearms.... getting training.... (CMP and Appleseed are not their scene..... Though the tactical and defense training industry is booming)..... who otherwise never would have......????

I do agree with most of your points. It's just sad that I have to get into the game of hording for the sake of having anything to reload and shoot because others are now afraid.

Although you didn't agree with my statement about the President, I'm sure you would agree that he cannot place anyone in the SC without a simple majority of the Senate, right?

Armed Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Now this was some good lunchtime reading material here! This is exactly the reason why I joined this forum, open conversations about guns. I LOVE INGO! when we talk about GUNS, 2ND, SURVIVAL, EVEN SOME POLITICS! Not all the other BS....

Last edited:

brutalone

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Westside Indianapolis
    I do agree with most of your points. It's just sad that I have to get into the game of hording for the sake of having anything to reload and shoot because others are now afraid.

Although you didn't agree with my statement about the President, I'm sure you would agree that he cannot place anyone in the SC without a simple majority of the Senate, right?
    This president has made at least one appointment that was done without the approval of a single congressman.... and the checks have failed in the past.... at least one sitting justice... I highly doubt would have been confirmed if not for her race and heritage.... The point is.... if you have a pro gun, god, freedom president..... Congress will never have to feel pushed into such a decision..... THE President can ultimately keep sending who so ever THE president wants for confirmation.... IT IS THE president who appoints justices..... the checks and balances are dead..... the days are long that the media, special interests, and fear of being labeled a hate monger have controlled our so called representatives.......... oh.... and lets not forget MONEY...
    So, that being said...... Yes, I strongly DISagree with your statement that "It doesn't matter who is president".

BroodXI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Salem
    Damn, i like the way Que thinks. that man can sure can articulate his thoughts. But i might just like the handle. That's been my handle everywhere else but INGO for the last 13 years i have had internet. Right here, in this house.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    This president has made at least one appointment that was done without the approval of a single congressman.... and the checks have failed in the past.... at least one sitting justice... I highly doubt would have been confirmed if not for her race and heritage.... The point is.... if you have a pro gun, god, freedom president..... Congress will never have to feel pushed into such a decision..... THE President can ultimately keep sending who so ever THE president wants for confirmation.... IT IS THE president who appoints justices..... the checks and balances are dead..... the days are long that the media, special interests, and fear of being labeled a hate monger have controlled our so called representatives.......... oh.... and lets not forget MONEY...
    So, that being said...... Yes, I strongly DISagree with your statement that "It doesn't matter who is president".

There has NEVER been a SC appointment in this administration without a simple majority of the Senate. PLEASE correct me if I am wrong. If I recall, SCJ Sotomayor was confirmed with a vote of 68-31 (this may be off), with a few Republicans crossing the aisle. Race has nothing to do with this subject in my opinion, so I'll leave that alone.

There is no such thing as checks and balances failing. We are the ones who elect those who are put in place to vet the processes. If we do nothing, then we have failed, right along with those elected. Yes, the President can send Donald Duck up for confirmation if he likes, but the Senate must confirm by a simple majority. IIRC, Senator Lugar voted in favor of SCJ Sotomayor, so the question is, how much is he being held accountable, or does he get a pass because he's on the "right" side of the fence?

I believe it has nothing to do with right, left, or middle. Men and women without a conscience or deference for the history and heritage of this country will act in opposition to the creed we should hold dear, if they are not held accountable. This happens because we only tell the story when it's time to get rid of the "other" guys, but the standard is lowered when those with somewhat similar ideological beliefs stray from what is right.

Top Bottom