2012 Elections & Firearm/Ammo Shortages - Interviews Needed!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    Reality
    There has NEVER been a SC appointment in this administration without a simple majority of the Senate. PLEASE correct me if I am wrong. If I recall, SCJ Sotomayor was confirmed with a vote of 68-31 (this may be off), with a few Republicans crossing the aisle. Race has nothing to do with this subject in my opinion, so I'll leave that alone.

There is no such thing as checks and balances failing. We are the ones who elect those who are put in place to vet the processes. If we do nothing, then we have failed, right along with those elected. Yes, the President can send Donald Duck up for confirmation if he likes, but the Senate must confirm by a simple majority. IIRC, Senator Lugar voted in favor of SCJ Sotomayor, so the question is, how much is he being held accountable, or does he get a pass because he's on the "right" side of the fence?

I believe it has nothing to do with right, left, or middle. Men and women without a conscience or deference for the history and heritage of this country will act in opposition to the creed we should hold dear, if they are not held accountable. This happens because we only tell the story when it's time to get rid of the "other" guys, but the standard is lowered when those with somewhat similar ideological beliefs stray from what is right.

Blind loyalty to the two party system, rather than character; what is right and what is not will ultimately kill this country.

We need to stand for liberty, the Constitution and truth. All are in scant supply presently.

ghunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    nap-town
    RE: Original post

The possible next run on gun shops will be the days leading up to Obama's inaugeration, if he's reelected. If that happens, you will see panic buying of every hand gun, long gun, pellet gun, and squirt gun out there.

Strangely enough, Romney is no Ted Neugent Twin either, but Obama can push the gun buying panic button just by showing up. The weapon and ammo sales in January 2009 were crazy!

brutalone

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Westside Indianapolis
    There has NEVER been a SC appointment in this administration without a simple majority of the Senate. PLEASE correct me if I am wrong. If I recall, SCJ Sotomayor was confirmed with a vote of 68-31 (this may be off), with a few Republicans crossing the aisle. Race has nothing to do with this subject in my opinion, so I'll leave that alone.

There is no such thing as checks and balances failing. We are the ones who elect those who are put in place to vet the processes. If we do nothing, then we have failed, right along with those elected. Yes, the President can send Donald Duck up for confirmation if he likes, but the Senate must confirm by a simple majority. IIRC, Senator Lugar voted in favor of SCJ Sotomayor, so the question is, how much is he being held accountable, or does he get a pass because he's on the "right" side of the fence?

I believe it has nothing to do with right, left, or middle. Men and women without a conscience or deference for the history and heritage of this country will act in opposition to the creed we should hold dear, if they are not held accountable. This happens because we only tell the story when it's time to get rid of the "other" guys, but the standard is lowered when those with somewhat similar ideological beliefs stray from what is right.
    Ha Ha... I knew that would yank your chain.... I did not say anything about a "Supreme Court" appointment without approval..... You are looking for reasons to attack my position..... and you are simply reiterating my statements.... no.... it has nothing to do with right or left anymore..... it is controlling limited resources, buying votes with social reform, and selling America's soul for cheap Chinese goods.....
    Anyway..... may I ask..... since you are so defensive of the President's decisions..... Did you vote Obama? Are you one of those gun owners who vote Democrat because you wish to defend the Unions?

Hiker1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    South
    To the OP...

You appear to be perpetuating the myth that creating shortages, and hoarding at election time is important, or worthwhile. Congratulations, you are further complicating an unnecesary situation!

brutalone

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Westside Indianapolis
    "If I recall, SCJ Sotomayor was confirmed with a vote of 68-31 (this may be off), with a few Republicans crossing the aisle. Race has nothing to do with this subject in my opinion, so I'll leave that alone. . IIRC, Senator Lugar voted in favor of SCJ Sotomayor, so the question is, how much is he being held accountable, or does he get a pass because he's on the "right" side of the fence?"

and as I said..... i doubt we would have had people crossing the fence if not for her "historic place" (historic meaning first Hispanic..... or is it Latino......? or anyway non white and non black and not Asian and...... AND female) on the court......
    Hence the pressure of popular sentiment..... Nothing to do with her experience, previous positions, or ideology..... I am SURE some voted to affirm just to avoid being labeled a racist, hate mongering, clinger to God and guns......
    SHE was and still is a member of an origination that is solely made up of one race and one heritage.... excluding all others and only promoting those who are alike....
    ARE you kidding ME! Had she been white and a member of a like minded organization..... the vote DOWN would have been unanimous .....
    But since it was a "historic" appointment by our historic (historic because he is the first BLACK POTUS) president..... the right tripped over each other to either support the appointment or be as neutral as possible....

JRL

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Broad Ripple
    To the OP...

You appear to be perpetuating the myth that creating shortages, and hoarding at election time is important, or worthwhile. Congratulations, you are further complicating an unnecesary situation!

That couldn't be further from the truth. As I said I have been out of the country for some time, since before the 2008 elections, so when I went to the last 1500 and saw the queue wrapping around the block I asked some of the nice people I happen to talk to there why they thought that was.

9/10 pointed a finger to the upcoming elections. Being removed for as long as I have, I turned to this forum to see if I could get some more opinions/thoughts to help support my own opinions. It's really as simple as that.

Please don't pass judgement on my intent without understanding it first.

That being said, I really do appreciate everyone's feedback. This is obviously not an issue with a black or white answer and I truly do appreciate everyone's positions.

JRL

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Broad Ripple
    I believe it's a bunch of crap that we perpetuate, allowing the manufactures to make money. If people would stop writing about the "sky falling" because of an election, prices and availability would not be effected. Of course the manufacturers aren't going to say, "Stop!" since they are making money.

When you say we, who are you referring to exactly? Our own paranoia? The media? The corporations? It has to stem from some where and I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on that.

JRL

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Broad Ripple
    RE: Original post

The possible next run on gun shops will be the days leading up to Obama's inaugeration, if he's reelected. If that happens, you will see panic buying of every hand gun, long gun, pellet gun, and squirt gun out there.

Strangely enough, Romney is no Ted Neugent Twin either, but Obama can push the gun buying panic button just by showing up. The weapon and ammo sales in January 2009 were crazy!

That's interesting... I'm curious about your thoughts on the 2009 sales spike. What lead to that in your opinion? Was it justified (even if you personally don't agree with it) or was it simply fear as a few have mentioned? What events would lead to this fear in the first place and why would it happen again? Surely it can't just be Obama himself, there would have to be actual events that helped it along. (Or not, ha)

Thanks again.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Ammo prices come and go.

It's the grenade pricing that has become absurd. Even a simple flash grenade is overpriced these days, let alone a good pineapple.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    When you say we, who are you referring to exactly? Our own paranoia? The media? The corporations? It has to stem from some where and I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on that.

JRL, when I say "we" I am referring to people who are gun owners. We are frightened into thinking that one lone person can ruin life as we know it, but we fail to teach society about democracy, liberty and the Republic for which we have been given responsibility. We wait until we are told that we have to care and by that time we are left with the option to give of our money in order to appear like we are fighting for these attributes.

We live like those people who live paycheck to paycheck. We never care about daily life until something drastic happens and then we try to get things rights. Immediately after the situation has turned for the good, we go back to our previous way of life until the next time. Why don't we tell our neighbors and friends about our history and heritage now, so when the times comes, we are all prepared. If this were to happen, only the right people will be elected and our society wouldn't be ran by those who have opposing views; we wouldn't be frightened by the media, and gun and ammo manufacturers would not control our wallets.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Ha Ha... I knew that would yank your chain.... I did not say anything about a "Supreme Court" appointment without approval..... You are looking for reasons to attack my position..... and you are simply reiterating my statements.... no.... it has nothing to do with right or left anymore..... it is controlling limited resources, buying votes with social reform, and selling America's soul for cheap Chinese goods.....
    Anyway..... may I ask..... since you are so defensive of the President's decisions..... Did you vote Obama? Are you one of those gun owners who vote Democrat because you wish to defend the Unions?

I don't like having my "chain pulled." I enjoy honest debate and can easily admit when I'm wrong. In any debate, one should expect their position to be attacked and ready to defend it. IMHO, you've not done this and can only attempt to attack my voting position as an attempt to save face. On this point, you would fail again. Thanks for the discussion.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    ANY President, has the option to use Ex. Orders... and weather bho wins or loses, you can expect LOTS of Ex. Orders, if ha can't get the Congress to "go along" with what he thinks needs to be done ..... he has said this on NUMEROUS occasions .....

brutalone

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Westside Indianapolis
    I don't like having my "chain pulled." I enjoy honest debate and can easily admit when I'm wrong. In any debate, one should expect their position to be attacked and ready to defend it. IMHO, you've not done this and can only attempt to attack my voting position as an attempt to save face. On this point, you would fail again. Thanks for the discussion.
    Let me apologize for that... It was dirty of me to bait you like that. Though we were discussing politics and it has become a very dirty game. Also let me apologize to the OP for getting this thread so far off topic .

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Let me apologize for that... It was dirty of me to bait you like that. Though we were discussing politics and it has become a very dirty game. Also let me apologize to the OP for getting this thread so far off topic .

No problem and I also extend my apologies to the OP for getting the thread off topic.

brutalone

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Westside Indianapolis
    No problem and I also extend my apologies to the OP for getting the thread off topic.
    Also let me add.... You are very well spoken (written, typed, whatever is the proper term for this medium) and level headed..... I look forward to seeing you at Friday Night Steel.
    Regards and respect..... Frank.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    ANY President, has the option to use Ex. Orders... and weather bho wins or loses, you can expect LOTS of Ex. Orders, if ha can't get the Congress to "go along" with what he thinks needs to be done ..... he has said this on NUMEROUS occasions .....

If I am correct, he can only issue EO's for existing laws (how an existing law will be enforced etc). They are not used to make new ones.

Top Bottom