• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    As far as I'm concerned, their new listing had better sell in a price range with Ruger and Smith Wesson or I'm not interested.

They weren't comparably priced with the Rugers and S&Ws of their day when they quit making them, so I doubt they'll be price competitive now even if it comes to fruition. The Colts required more man hours to assemble, and of course the dancing pony emblem and name add to the price. Sort of like a $6 leather wallet becomes a $35 leather wallet if it says "Harley" on it somewhere.

I like Colt, but their cylinder release has to be the slowest and least intuitive design, other than Dan Wesson, on the market. They've got some sweet triggers, though.

roadrunner681

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    henry county
    I hope your upper teeth were properly protruding over your bottom lip when you typed this.

Pffft, says the man that does not know The Ultimate when he sees it. Your opinion would change if you would dress in sepia colours and grow some facial hair instead of being clean-shaven and wearing that purple Zoot-suit that you wear to the range.
    i dont know, i got to shoot a scar 17 it was a nice gun but, i think a fal or hk93 could do the same thing. me i would like to see a savage 20 gauge, 22lr combo rifle myself.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I was just on Springfield armory internets. Looks like they have a 1911 Range officer offering in 9mm now.

Bradis had one or so on one of their "New Arrival" messages and it seemed reasonable in price, compared to Colt (1K plus) or RIA (prepare to replace LOTS o parts to make a "solid" gun for very high round count). With the increase in interest in 9mm 1911s (pistol-training.com really ramped up people's interest in them), it would be foolish for companies to miss this increasingly less-niche pistol. Low recoil, good power for defense, excellent ergonomics, reliable design if built right, great accuracy and inexpensive shooting, manufacturers take note!

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    New backstrap/MSH grip treatment from Ed Brown. Chainlink III
    i8mffS4V3RuKrubNFKGDduyIRA9b6XnbDejqMgteHzKzE2lQHgs2QHZrfkak5UtlnZw4AZLHKXsH1a92aUCs4qiFsDQFnuyxONReqbBH7eRTxbiJx6tOxy6uTdh_LT58k_tIuH-mfgghrqHd5geVAt0q1oeaKVXhrFv1bbmmcvSXi1J5WrMWo9UTuxUVOk8K=s0-d-e1-ft
    6rdU4aEPsAffmqQ4dLFXIbLmVVw-GtD39Eg9tYofSDqLIY2cNQzFSX_QexuVD73d4TBxm7uhz4FpyQfQuTQBm5g6Qgq2r_b_miD6xfak52NMExa61ttt09-8kqqf7d8VR0UW2WwOhJ6L8Men0XSWmGWbHNcDND0ASu3P_j0-Aw-TDMwmcgUprNSlLwzfzVrz=s0-d-e1-ft
    Featuring our new for 2014 Chainlink III grip treatment, which takes the Chainlink II (golf ball style treatment) introduced in 2013 to a new level of enhancement. The smaller golf ball pattern and high tech machining of Chainlink III improves cosmetic appearance, and maintains a secure grip without being too aggressive. Also included as standard equipment is our new forged slide stop with a serrated lever for positive engagement. The G10 grips are now standard and look fantastic. We think you'll agree that our new improved Special Forces series are the ultimate 1911 handguns for serious use!
    Please help us spread the word by telling your shooting friends to subscribe at www.edbrown.com

"That is the sexiest thing I've ever seen." ~ Saul, Oceans Eleven

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I'd be happy if Sig could get the MPX they announce last year out the damn door already. They sold me on the funky muzzle-brake/integral suppressor... and then failed to actually get them on the shelves.

This is becoming about as pointless as an industry auto show where the major manufacturers roll out cool concept cars they have no intention to build and then actually give you yet another bland 4 door sedan that's the same as all the other ones.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    I'd be happy if Sig could get the MPX they announce last year out the damn door already. They sold me on the funky muzzle-brake/integral suppressor... and then failed to actually get them on the shelves.

This is becoming about as pointless as an industry auto show where the major manufacturers roll out cool concept cars they have no intention to build and then actually give you yet another bland 4 door sedan that's the same as all the other ones.

Then they build them and you can't afford them!
    WCT28890A_450.JPG
    WCT28890B_450.JPG
    WCT28890C_450.JPG

Specifications:

Wilson Combat Tactical Supergrade Compact
    .45ACP
    Color case hardened frame
    Turnbull High Polish Charcoal Blue slide and small parts
    Flush cut / reverse crown barrel
    Flute barrel chamber
    Countersink slide stop
    Round butt frame
    Slide top serrations
    Checker rear of slide
    Tritium front sight
    Unotch rear battle sight
    Ambi safety
    French Walnut grips
    Sterling silver grip medallions
    List price $6680.00

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County

I was just thinking about that thing yesterday. Its a fantastic concept, just wish it would be implemented already!

hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood

I was just thinking about that thing yesterday. Its a fantastic concept, just wish it would be implemented already!

Yeah, those are my thoughts as well. After reading a lot on the MPX I was willing to give it a try. Yet, here we still are anxiously awaiting this new concept. I would buy one, and SBR the s-o-b.

Top Bottom