• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • browndog2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    The Gander Mountain in Castleton has/had CCI MaxiMag 22 LR for $7.99 each limit 5.
    After our rich uncle's cut - $42.75.
    I know 22 shows up more often now, but this was the first I had found on the shelf retail in several years.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    LGS had a bunch yesterday. Aguila and Thunderbolts for $7/50. I refuse to pay it. I will set on my .22 ammo and only buy when I find it at realistic prices. Last time I purchased, it was Remington hollow point 333 boxes for $19.95
    Until I find more, I will shoot my 9mm reloads as my staple.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I have found more snipes in the woods than Walmart has .22 in northern Indiana

I stopped into the Kokomo Wally World today to see if they had any 22LR for sale. Same answer, nope. Asked the sales girl if they had any in the back. She replied that if they have any, it gets set out at 7am each day. She also said that the same 2-3 creepers are there every morning, to buy it all up. If I want any, I need to be there before the creepers arrive. I imagine the same ammo is now at the Kokomo Gun and Knife show, sitting on a dealer table for $50 a brick.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    I stopped into the Kokomo Wally World today to see if they had any 22LR for sale. Same answer, nope. Asked the sales girl if they had any in the back. She replied that if they have any, it gets set out at 7am each day. She also said that the same 2-3 creepers are there every morning, to buy it all up. If I want any, I need to be there before the creepers arrive. I imagine the same ammo is now at the Kokomo Gun and Knife show, sitting on a dealer table for $50 a brick.

This can't be happening. I've been informed right here on this very forum than this does not happen, its all about an increase in shooters and supply & demand.

HaHa, somebody's talking out their rear end!

Wonder how much of this gets turned in as income?

dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    Point Blank in Carmel had shelves full of thunderbolt last Thursday, 500 for $30+tax, no limit. I was there for about an hour and was the only customer that bought any. I have the impression they always have some in stock at this price. I'm guessing they have a couple semi trailers hidden in some back lot just full of this ammo.:):

bulldogs42

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 26, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I bought some from bigdaddyguns.com a few weeks ago for $22.99 for 500ct brick of Remington Thunderbolt. Limit 5 boxes. Shipping was only $8 and no tax. So, I would say that if you have some patience and do some smart internet shopping, you can find it reasonably priced.

Hawkwind2112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2014
    Evansville
    I am not sure if this is true or total bs but I was told by a higher up at Gander Mtn that they currently have several million dollars worth of 22 ammo sitting in a warehouse and all the stores are putting in appropriations for their needs. He claimed that starting very soon their stores should be getting 22 ammo more often.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I am not sure if this is true or total bs but I was told by a higher up at Gander Mtn that they currently have several million dollars worth of 22 ammo sitting in a warehouse and all the stores are putting in appropriations for their needs. He claimed that starting very soon their stores should be getting 22 ammo more often.

Is this $22m in retail prices, or $22m in flipper prices? If the latter they dont really have all that much to sell. :):

Hawkwind2112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2014
    Evansville
    Is this $22m in retail prices, or $22m in flipper prices? If the latter they dont really have all that much to sell. :):

I get your gist but just to be sure, I did not mention anything about $22m. The guy only told me several million dollars worth of 22 ammo is at the warehouse and that the Evansville Gander Mtn store had already asked for a share of them.

As for flipper prices... If you watch them closely you will notice that many are not much over standard retail cost. It is possible to buy at flipper prices for less than a lot of major retailers who are also way overcharging for any 22 ammo that they happen to get in. The ones that have prices much higher than standard retail cost are not selling. This tells me that most people who are actively seeking 22 ammo have found enough to satisfy themselves. People who are still casually strolling into retail stores expecting to see it on the shelf at low cost are surely still in need. Hopefully that will change for the better sometime soon!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Let's say by several million, he means 5. According to Wikipedia GM has 152 stores. If they distributed it evenly, each store would get about $33K worth of ammo. To make this easy for comparison's sake, let's say they're only ordering bulk packs. I don't think "Flippers" are getting any more than $50/brick anymore, so let's use that.

That means each store would get ~650 bricks. Sure, they wouldn't be distributed equally--each store has its own demographic needs. And 650 bricks seems like a lot these days. It might even stay on the shelves longer than a few days.

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    Limit of 2... Pretty good price... Almost had me thinking...

Cheapest I've personally seen in a while. I was going to buy. I only have ~1,200 rounds or so. I'm not a big .22 shooter, but with how low my supply is I don't want to shoot any of what I have. This is really annoying. Granted I haven't been looking much, but mostly because I'm not paying $30+ a brick, when I paid half that only a few years ago.

A Ruger 22/45 model #10150 is on my short list of guns, but I won't shoot any of the .22 I have until I can replace it at a reasonable cost. That pistol is slowly working its way down the line into forgotten status.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom