• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Update: Just today, I walked into the Rural King in New Castle, hoping against hope that I could find some .22LR.
    Lo and behold, for the first time in three years, I walked up to the gun counter only to spot at least three bricks worth of 50 round cardboard boxes of beautiful .22LR sitting out, right there in plain sight.
    Really good stuff, too: CCI standard velocity
    It was marked at $4.50 per box, with a six box limit.
    I bought six and walked out, very happy to partially replenish my supply at home.
    Yes, the price is up about 30%-50% above what it was before the panic, but at least they're not charging anywhere near what the scumbags at Cheaper Than Dirt are trying to gouge us for.
    They also have the Ruger LCR-X in .38 Special there for $407, which to me sounds like about the best deal going for that little gem.
    I'll return some time later this year to get that particular revolver for my wife's first ever carry weapon.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    The .22 panic and price gouging at least got my little girl to step up to shooting .38s for Cowboy Action. We have found some here and there but the days at the cabin burning up a brick are gone. I'm not a hoarder but, by God, I'm gonna be.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    After the '08 panic buying dried up and 22lr was back on the shelf I picked up a brick here and there and had a decent pile. I haven't bought a brick of bulk 22lr in long enough for me to have forgotten the last time. I'm pretty low right now and for where I have my pain threshold for being too low on ammo I'm pretty much there. I don't think I've got 3 or 4 bricks worth of 22lr. Like many, I've just been shooting up centerfire ammo that I reloaded years ago because it's about the same cost.

I genuinely never thought this 22lr ammo shortage would last this long and I'd traded off some 22lr when I thought it was starting to look like it was coming back. That was almost a year ago. It blows my mind that we're going on almost 2 years of no 22lr on the shelves. When it does come back at cheap prices, better believe I'll be buying enough to get me through some more tough years if they ever arrive again.

jstory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2015
    Wabash
    Found about a 1000 rounds of CCI Minimags over the last couple years, bout 500 rounds of Maximags and over 2000 rounds of Thunderbolts. CCIs are for squirrel and the Thunderbolts are for plinking...all the rest you guys can have.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Y'all are a bunch of amateurs... I sold off 90% of my 100,000 rounds .22 stash during the panic... I'm down to right around 10,000 rnds remaining and won't sell anymore... Once it's readily available again and the distributors are willing to make deals to move stock I'm going to seek out a deal on a full pallet of .22 ammo to replace it all.
    +1 I went without buying .22 ammo for months because of the inflated prices. I've been finding it online and here on INGO for $.05 to $.07 per round lately. I'm back up to just under 5000 rounds and have about 3500 more back ordered. When this is all said and done my goal is to stay at no less than 25K rounds...maybe a lot more.

You never realize how much you miss something until it's gone.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    +1 I went without buying .22 ammo for months because of the inflated prices. I've been finding it online and here on INGO for $.05 to $.07 per round lately. I'm back up to just under 5000 rounds and have about 3500 more back ordered. When this is all said and done my goal is to stay at no less than 25K rounds...maybe a lot more.

You never realize how much you miss something until it's gone.

That's the lesson everyone seems to be learning which has the unintended consequence of driving demand. If there's .22 on the shelf at a decent price, I buy some. And so does everyone else who likes shooting .22.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I remember as a kid riding our bikes to Central Hardware and buying 500 count bricks for $4.99. We'd shoot 3 or 4 of those a summer. I still have the Marlin Model 60.

I remember premium surplus 30/06 and 223 being $200 per k. That was as late as 2000.

Top Bottom