• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CB45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Bought a Ruger MKIII the other day... must say a blast to shoot. First disassemble and reassembly was not pleasant. Really needed a small hammer and brass punch to get the thing to apart/together. Got to love shooting for .03/round.

Just my :twocents:

CB45

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    118   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Was looking around the wabash area & was at the local big r & found a ruger mkIII 22/45 for the right price .I like the placement of everything(mag release,slide stop etc.) felt good in my hand & the price is right.thanks to everyone that contributed in my decision.I have owned a couple of ruger 22 autos in the past & have kicked myself later fo something I thought I wanted worse.

21lk8m0.jpg

salamander42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Bought a Ruger MKIII the other day... must say a blast to shoot. First disassemble and reassembly was not pleasant. Really needed a small hammer and brass punch to get the thing to apart/together. Got to love shooting for .03/round.

Just my :twocents:

CB45

The first one I had was put together pretty tightly too. It gets easier after you do it a few times, but I still found myself needing to use a rubber mallet to separate the barrel from the frame a lot of the time. The one I have now wasn't nearly as bad the first couple of times, and I don't need any tools at all anymore. . . I can pop the barrel off with the heel of my hand. It doesn't take me any longer to strip, clean and reassemble than my Springfield GI Champion.

Houdinih

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    In a Van Down By The River
    I have the S&W 22a with a red dot great gun for plinking and anything else you would want to do with a .22. You can see it in my album. I've put close to 1000 rounds through it without any problems. It alot more accurate than I am. My only complaint is the sights on my gun were hard to see. Once i painted them, they were easier to see. Bradis has a new version of the 22a that is black and stainless with fiber optic sights, which looks really good. My bro has the P22 and loves it. I think he sleeps with it under his pillow because he likes it so much. He's put well over 1000rds through it without any problems. He lets me know everytime he shoots it how great it is, because I would bust his balls about all the bad reviews when he go it.

LAZY DOG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2009
    CANT GO WRONG WITH RUGER. I HAVE MK2 6 7/8 GOV. AND A WALTHER OWNED A RUGER SINGLE SIX IN 22 ALL GOOD GUNS ALL SUITED FOR DIFFERENT APPS. I WOULD ASK MYSELF WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITH THIS 22 CARRY, PLINK ,TARGET, HUNT,DISPATCH TRAPPED ANIMALS ALL THINGS TO CONSIDER .EACH GUN WOULD HANDLE THE TASK AT HAND DIFFERENTLY.ONE MAYBE BETTER THAN THE OTHER.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Havent purchased yet, My wife likes to be there for a purchase when it is a present from her (like a birth of a newborn) Im narrowed down to the Ruger Mk III 22/45 , mainly I like the controls because they are similar to the 1911 (my favorite pistol) & are affordable .Also was checking out the ruger charger for kicks & giggles . Appreciate everyones opinions & experiences with there own pistols

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    Made the mistake of letting a guy talk me out of my Ruger Mark II competition slabside a couple of weeks ago. Biggest mistake I ever made. I didn't realize how much I really liked that gun until I had to see its vacant spot in the gun cabinet. Needless to say I immediately put up an ad to find one and only went 2 weeks without one. I will never do that again.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Havent purchased yet, My wife likes to be there for a purchase when it is a present from her (like a birth of a newborn) Im narrowed down to the Ruger Mk III 22/45 , mainly I like the controls because they are similar to the 1911 (my favorite pistol) & are affordable .Also was checking out the ruger charger for kicks & giggles . Appreciate everyones opinions & experiences with there own pistols

Make sure you get the model with the Removable Grips (RP Model). This will allow you to easily install after market 1911 Grips. The first time you disassembly the 22/45 will be tough. If you know someone that has a 22/45 best to have them show you. Good Luck on you pistol; hope you get it soon and enjoy.

zky

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    I have a Ruger MkIII Competition model that is absolutely fantastic and fun to shoot. I take it out with my oldest 3 sons and we all love shooting this thing. You should at least consider some version of the Ruger MkIII.

Top Bottom